It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women and equality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You wanted it, you got it, this is it, you forgot about responsibility.

Thanks for the warning about my post being too short, but I'm guessing this might become a very long thread. I can knit but I'm playing the good and evil game. Most certainly not the love game, which includes genders. It's all not my problem, it was before my time. I'm on a way that will hopefully lead me out of known society or some place afar.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
????
care to be a little more specific in you rant??

ever think that maybe, just maybe, women wanted equality because the men of their time FORGOT ABOUT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY!!????

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
????
care to be a little more specific in you rant??

ever think that maybe, just maybe, women wanted equality because the men of their time FORGOT ABOUT THEIR RESPONSIBILITY!!????

See that's just not true because who else than a guy is going to remind them, moreover if a guy learned it first he taught to a woman. OR women never knew but then how do we guys know they will ever figure it out, or if they have already figured it out? It might be anything really, but people need to be responsible that is held accountable and not just walk away.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

In my corporate experience, women still make less money than men even when in executive positions even in their capacity as "trainers" for the males.
edit on 18-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

No, we haven't "got it". And, we won't have it until men stop telling women what to do with their own bodies.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

No, we haven't "got it". And, we won't have it until men stop telling women what to do with their own bodies.

I will work on the assumption that you're talking about abortion rights.
Well if it's your body and your choice I can deal with that, no problem.
But then birth control is also your responsibility and so is the financial issues that come with child birth.

Your body, your choice.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

And what responsibility has every woman forgotten about?
I've been responsible for lots of things through my life, you're being very vague.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

In my corporate experience, women still make less money than men even when in executive positions even in their capacity as "trainers" for the males.

True, but are they asking for more? Because that is their responsibility. And if they are unsure if they will get a raise or get fired, that's their problem. It's all equality, can't hide behind the babies forever.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Well if you are truly a woman, I can't tell over the internet. Your body is your responsibility so take it. Don't whine when others say it's not real, YOU make it real yourself that's equality Or do you need a man to make it real again. Insert funny moment.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

my father was raised by my grandmother and her mother, during the depression, AFTER HIS FATHER WALKED AWAY..
when I was a kid, we would go visit her every summer and I would play with some of the kids that lived next door to her... there was around six kids in that family. one day, the daddy decided to trade his older PREGNANT AGAIN wife for the newer and not pregnant sexetary of his.... AND HE WALKED AWAY!!
and not days, there's plenty of single moms out there, struggling... WHERE THE HELL ARE THE FATHERS??

seems to me that it's was never the women who needed to be reminded of their responsibility... good thing too, because the daddies are in hiding, working under the table, trying to avoid the child support payments.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

And what responsibility has every woman forgotten about?
I've been responsible for lots of things through my life, you're being very vague.

Ok you might know something but family is only half, the other half is society. I don't see too many responsible women in society. Sure there might be women locked up like that guy Priklopil or some random psychiatrist.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

both of which comes under healthcare which was socialized long ago, via health insurance, then again via the gov't safety net.... it cover's many healthcare needs... why would the women's reproductive needs be treated differently???

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
and not days, there's plenty of single moms out there, struggling... WHERE THE HELL ARE THE FATHERS??

seems to me that it's was never the women who needed to be reminded of their responsibility... good thing too, because the daddies are in hiding, working under the table, trying to avoid the child support payments.

Well obviously the men went fighting that's what they do. It's not only recently they let women in the military, so soon you'll have plenty of women walking away and it'll be some girl or guy talking about how his mother walked out Or away, or maybe there are in fact already readers with a story! Because I'm sure I read about it in the media some place. I just can't believe all children would chose their mothers over their father at every divorce. There might be swapping of first place but that's not going to help either.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnnyjoe1979

True, but are they asking for more? Because that is their responsibility. And if they are unsure if they will get a raise or get fired, that's their problem. It's all equality, can't hide behind the babies forever.

Hide behind Babies?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

But then birth control is also your responsibility and so is the financial issues that come with child birth.

Your body, your choice.

Just to add guys can get sterilized too, put on a condom, or take a pill. So that's not an argument anymore. Once it's there sure but then the question is more about if the woman wanted to be with the guy or not. And with female bodybuilders and martial artists, that's going to be difficult to decide as an outsider.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Men and women will never be equal.

Women would have to stoop lower to be on the same level as men.

(happily married for 3 decades)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Hide behind Babies?

Yes, people using people as human shields, who could think of something that evil. I don't have any children of myself.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

???? my grandfather didn't go that far, he went a few blocks over, walking distance to the house my father was living in. my father never knew where he lived even, no visits, nothing. the father of the family with six kids was a lawyer, I doubt if he went off to fight a war....
and the fathers of those today?? most of those aren't fighting in wars either...
my father did fight in a war though...

edit on 18-12-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Vagueness slowly going away...maybe.
Are you talking about family, parents, maybe a mom that could have done things a bit better?

I raised a really good young man, he turned out great, but I still think I could have been better.

Hoping your mom did her best, and if she could have done better, maybe she realizes that too.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Your body, your choice.

Just to add guys can get sterilized too, put on a condom, or take a pill. So that's not an argument anymore. Once it's there sure but then the question is more about if the woman wanted to be with the guy or not. And with female bodybuilders and martial artists, that's going to be difficult to decide as an outsider.

That's not really the point.
If a women gets pregnant she is totally in charge of the decision to keep or abort the baby.
The argument is that it's her body.
My point is since the man gets no say in the matter, why can he be held financially responsible?
It was her body, the body she has control over. Where does the mans opinion cease to mean anything?

FYI, I'm not against abortion. Just feel these are questions that need resolved.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join