It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddler killed in Arkansas road rage incident

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

think we owned an impala at one time, but neither me or my husband would have ever opened fire on a car because we just didn't like their driving and we had one crazy switch into our lane, sideswipe us, go across the medium and through two lanes of traffic and then come back and settle in the medium...
he was really just a kid, probably just got his license or something, but nope, the thought of "gee, I wish we had a gun so we could have blown the kid's head off wasn't even in our heads...
my husband sounded more like a father scolding their child for being careless..
the kid was lucky he didn't kill himself that day...

no, I don't think the fact that the car being driven by the shooter was an impala is gonna give many clues..

there's just far too many stressed out drivers out there now days... and some of them are really quite impatient.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Living in a tourist area where i see and experience a bit of anger at other drivers, i can guaran-damn-tee this is not how this went down. The guy didnt just pull up to the stop sign and say DAMN DIS LADY AINT MOVIN FAST ENOUGH and just jump out and pop shots.

I bet this grandma was driving ridiculously slow, feeling entitled with her 3 year old to act however she feels on the road. Some guy is annoyed because hes following her for blocks going 18 MPH in a 35 MPH zone. He beeps, then her entitlement takes over again and she starts screaming and cursing him out. At the stop sign, he jumps out and says "Who's the mf'er now?" POP POP POP

Doesnt that sound quite a bit likely? This old lady probably helped make this happen, but will escape all culpability. I have a real problem with people on the roads with a "What are you gonna do about it" mentality with their driving and their mouths on the road, and it leads to instances like this. She could have just pulled over and let the other guy go by, whats the big deal? instead of wasting ten seconds of her own llife she would rather waste minutes of others, and this guy got pissed enough that he did some crazy s.
edit on 18-12-2016 by PauHana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: PauHana
or maybe the three year old needed her attention at the time and she thought the stop sign was a good place to take care of his needs and the shooter was a hot headed idiot who just couldn't get out of the door in time to make it to work without rushing and sitting at the stop sign watching the seconds tick by just irratated the heck out of him....

we can think of all kinds of possibilities....

I bet this grandma was driving ridiculously slow, feeling entitled with her 3 year old to act however she feels on the road. Some guy is annoyed because hes following her for blocks going 18 MPH in a 35 MPH zone. He beeps, then her entitlement takes over again and she starts screaming and cursing him out. At the stop sign, he jumps out and says "Who's the mf'er now?" POP POP POP

Doesnt that sound quite a bit likely?

ya, sure, if you say so, but got to tell ya, I have had some rude drivers out there who seem to expect you to make illegal moves just so they can get going faster. personally, I would rather be safe than be rushing around.
then there's the driver that about crashed into my son while he was driving home on day. they were on a two lane road and one of those lanes was a left turn only lane ahead. the guy went blasting by him going around 60 miles and hour when the speed limit was only 45, then he decides he don't want to be in the left lane because he doesn't want to turn... so he cuts in front of my son but then slams on the breaks, because hey, the guy that was ahead of them was only going the danged speed limit!!
my son hasn't had his driver's license over a year and seems to have better sense than that crazy lunatic did!

sure you couldn't have found a few more places to place the word "entitled" for crying out loud...
obviously the shooter felt a little more "entitled" since he felt his entitlement not to have a few seconds wasted was worth shooting a kid for.

edit on 19-12-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist
a reply to: vor78

On that point, I'd take a wild guess here that at least one of the following is true:

1) He does not have an Arkansas carry permit in order to keep a loaded handgun in his vehicle
2) He has a prior criminal history that disqualifies him from legally acquiring/possessing a firearm
3) He acquired the firearm through illegal means

So basically better gun control laws and reform are needed if any of the above are true.

Here in Canada, it is *legal to own a gun* unless a person has a prior conviction (criminal record); documented for past violent behaviour; or deemed mentally unfit by the Ministry Of Health.

The same is essentially true here. A conviction of any crime that carries a potential sentence of greater than one year in prison (whether the judge actually sentences you to that term or not) automatically results in a lifetime ban from firearm acquisition and ownership. This includes certain misdemeanors, including those related to domestic violence. Likewise, the same is true if a person is deemed mentally incompetent by the court system.

The point I was making earlier is that far too often, these people were already breaking the law in one way or another, and adding another layer isn't going to stop anything. We need better enforcement of existing laws, and while obviously I don't know if its the case here, far too often these inner city homicides are committed by those who have prior violent felony convictions who end up right back on the streets in a couple of years after early parole. That shouldn't be happening, but it does all the time.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Sometimes you just can't pull over to let them pass. Solo really you dunno the whole story yet...no one does. You say she has no copobility...what???? She sure does if she was part in fault to anargument,now she has no grandbaby. Lets face the truth instead of blaming victims....Some guys anger from someone else...notably a mother figure doesn't hold fault over the one filled with a fit of rage.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

The point I was making earlier is that far too often, these people were already breaking the law in one way or another, and adding another layer isn't going to stop anything. We need better enforcement of existing laws, and while obviously I don't know if its the case here, far too often these inner city homicides are committed by those who have prior violent felony convictions who end up right back on the streets in a couple of years after early parole. That shouldn't be happening, but it does all the time.

I understand where you are coming from, my friend. It's the same issue here as well — the majority of illegal guns are owned by gangs, organized crime, criminals, etc. The only difference is the illegal guns here are coming from the States.

"Restricted, Non-restricted, and Prohibited" are three classification of guns in Canada and you need a separate licence for all three classes. Meaning, you have to go through the application process to be approved for ownership for each class.

Also, we don't have commercial handgun outlets or stores set up the way it is in America to purchase *restricted and prohibited* guns such as semi-automatic, Ar-rifles, etc. To get those types of guns AND ammunition, you have to go to very restricted and government controlled outlets. We don't have gun-shows, etc. However, we do sell basic hunting rifles in some licensed sporting outlets.

Ontario is the most populated province in Canada with a population 16 million and there is about 100 gun stores in total which 80% only sell ordinary hunting rifles. In the most populated city in Canada, Toronto (the Greater Toronto Area,) the population is 7 million, and there are only 10 gun shops. And again, most only sell ordinary hunting rifles.

Also, although guns are legal to own in Canada, it is illegal to have it on your person unless your occupation requires you do so. No open carry or concealed allowed at all! Therefore, the penalty for carrying a concealed weapon on you despite being licensed to own a gun is stiff. You can keep it in your car, or in your home, and bring it to a shooting range (never seen one around here) but that is about it.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Wow, you sound like a hothead..hope you don't own a gun.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
They're still looking for a suspect.

Ugh.

I hope you get Justice, Acen King.

RIP

Investigators say they’re offering a $40,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction of the suspect who shot 3-year-old Acen King.

ktla.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I`m hoping they get a break on the case as well.

One of the problems is that it happened in SW Little Rock. Not the best of areas to be in. And not a place where I`d be responding to someone behind me honking by honking back.

I hope it won`t be another "snitches get stitches" situation that keeps anyone from coming forward, but in that area it is a distinct possibility.

So sad !!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Suspect tuned himself in, or surrendered without a fight..either way.
www.thestar.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join