It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The dollar will never fall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
First. Because the euro would become unreal first.

I remember the days of the Guilder, it was my former currency but they took that away from me. Before it was called "Florijn" but that is before my time. Anyhow no worries about the dollar.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well that little bit of nonsense is good enough for me. Case closed. The dollar is safe. Thank you. Op.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Errr, it will fall along with the rest of the real crap when its value becomes worthless. Just keep printing and experience what happened with the Zimbabwe Dollar.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tristran
Errr, it will fall along with the rest of the real crap when its value becomes worthless. Just keep printing and experience what happened with the Zimbabwe Dollar.

But you don't know what will happen in what order until after the Euro has been abandoned. So it's all pure speculation. And it's not about printing but what people do with the money. Because some people can just say they will and it means something which can be equated to money, either loss or profit. Otherwise we can just print money with big zeroes on them, or not say anything, or make funny stamps.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Nothing lasts forever, including fiat currencies.

It probably won't fall for quite some time, and there will be many wars intended to prevent it from falling, but one day it will.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

Wheww and all this time I was thinking of bitcoins,I want to hear why it won't collapse,especially since the only currency backed by promissary notes,why Obama wants war,to protect the corporate elites stake in the US dollar

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It's more likely money is abolished and no currency is used, than the American currency being used 'forever' here-forward.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The dollar as well as western societies will fall, everything reaches a point where it gets to big to control
I believe sooner than later

China and Russia are undermining it as we speak

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You must be a banker or work at a bank. Thats what they want us to believe. Thanks for the reminder.

Its only paper with nothing backing it. It has to fail, fiat currencies always fail.
edit on 18-12-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
In my experience, the moment you say something can never happen, that is when it does happen.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
All fiat currencies have fallen at some point......
US dollar is no exception nor the rule.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but the Euro is now worth less than the USD. Happened really fast...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The dollar has already lost over 90% of its value. The downfall of the US economy relative to the rest of the world began about the time that the Federal Reserve took over banking in 1913. Then, the dollar was nearly trashed to oblivion after the ending of the gold standard in 1971. Fortunately the US had enough absolute strength (as opposed to relative strength) to not become a 3rd world country like the Weimar Republic. But, everyone can see that the middle class continues to shrink. It will continue to shrink more under Trump as government spending fails to shrink and Federal Reserve banking continues to deplete the middle class.

The one and only reason the dollar has not been falling is because money velocity has been going down. Money velocity will reach a bottom and rise again. There was deep DEFLATION the last time this happened. In 1929 money velocity did hit a bottom point, and what happened to the economy after it started going back up in 1929? The great depression happened, along with deflation. We may not reach the same money velocity level as 1929 for a full decade. But either way, I believe we have not seen this sort of trend for money velocity since the 1920's. I don't have the historic chart on hand.

All nations that massively print money to cover deficits have experienced hyperinflation. The US will have deep deficits, it will use massive money printing to cover them, and there will be hyperinflation. Its etched into our future. I'm not sure what miracle could escape us from this doom.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The dollar falls most of the time.

There are two ways that a currency falls.

The first way, is relative to another currency.

So, dollar goes down, but Euro goes up.

That "see saw", however, is really just an "oscillation".

Over time, the situation is often reversed.

But, the real fall in the dollar occurs when all currencies fall together.

That's when all currencies buy less goods than they did before.

Most of the time, this is what is happening.

Houses are getting more expensive all over the world. So, most currencies are falling.

The only time the dollar stops falling, and perhaps even goes up, is during times of "deflation".

But, all modern governments have now classified "deflation" as a "bad word."

The thinking is that a little inflation is a good thing, because then people want to buy and hold real estate.

Then, everybody is happy. They think they are getting rich, by just sitting in their house.

edit on 18-12-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tristran

The entire world wasn't based on the Zimbabwe dollar, nor do all the powers that be, personally benefit from Zimbabwe dollar.

Money is now and has always been based on smoke and mirrors..even gold doesn't have much functional value.

Money only works because we all agree to use it, and will continue to work no matter the outside factors as long as people continue to assign it value.

Long before the dollar falls you will need something else that rises to replace it. In all other hyper inflation instances their was another option that took its place...usually the US dollar.

So until big swaths of the population start using bit coin or yin, there is no chance the dollar falls.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Nothing lasts forever, including fiat currencies.

It probably won't fall for quite some time, and there will be many wars intended to prevent it from falling, but one day it will.

I bet it more morphs to some global currency rather than falls.

As you mentioned we will take military action to back up our money, and all that really matters is military action...

Money is a mirage.. it's not real. It's a side game we created to make trade easier. All that really matters is military power and the resolve of your population. Both if pushed America has in spades.

For example the debt with china... if they say pay up this tues. And obviously we don't have it. We will not be giving them Alaska and Hawaii..

We will tell them to kick rocks. If you loan tony soprano money, he only pays you if he feels like it.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Keep your precious gold/paper. I'll take food/water.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuicideKing33
Keep your precious gold/paper. I'll take food/water.

It's not food an water you need.

It's the knowledge of how to grow food in challenging conditions, and how to purify contaminated water so that you can drink it.

Collect the required "knowledge" about "obtaining" food and water.

If you want to survive.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
In my experience, the moment you say something can never happen, that is when it does happen.

we try to interrupt the first to say it can't be done by doing it and with our most recent addition we will inspire those who say it can't be done by doing it.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Trump said during the election that the dollar will not fall because they can just keep on printing more of them.!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join