It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anti global warming rhetoric and America's decline

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: fencesitter85

a reply to: superbanjo

Evidence three-warm nights----what part of the world do you live in???? Cause I'm listening to the wind howl and two nights ago it was wind chill -40

Sorry, is this argument still being used? "Global warming can't exist, it's really cold where I live today!"

Please.
Hess because it's the logical one. Co2 is not causing the temperature to rise and it's not causing extremes in temperature.

Actually no, considering that a logical argument is delusional.

Is it Winter where you live too?

Must be 'global cooling' season.

(post by jrod removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
The anti climateers have won. The points and evidence presented here are all very interesting but moot now. I don't know why the feds continue with FEMA, firefighting and subsidies for disasters. Why not get rid of that institution along with all our other fed institutions.
No one is saying there are not disasters, we are just saying it's not from wood-burning stoves.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Was making edits.....

I do agree with avoiding personal attacks and you know i was the victim that time.. Thanks for be across the board with it, that is why i was editing it in fact.

edit on 20-12-2016 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

What does it matter what the change is from? That is just deflection. What made us the top species on this planet is adaptability. We have lost that, all we fund is war. Good future there.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Attention!

Insults will NOT be tolerated. This is NOT the Political Mud Pit forum.

Talking about each other is considered Off Topic. ALWAYS.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

Evidence three-warm nights----what part of the world do you live in???? Cause I'm listening to the wind howl and two nights ago it was wind chill -40

Sorry, is this argument still being used? "Global warming can't exist, it's really cold where I live today!"

Please.
Hess because it's the logical one. Co2 is not causing the temperature to rise and it's not causing extremes in temperature.

yes it's winter where I live. Look jack, there was a global cooling scare before it was a global warming scare and it's a fact that the Bilderbergs wanted something which would justify a global tax on the people. This is a conspiracy site and the climate change thing is a conspiracy created by the Club of Rome which Al Gore is a member. And let me re explain that the sun has been in a quiescent phase and the sun is the major factor in global cooling and warming.
Also I was commenting on the fact that without even watching the video the blackboard behind the guy stated "warm nights" and my commentary was really more that warm nights or cooler nights on a surface level are not a real indicator but as you can see even NASA discounts the polar ice caps melting hysteria.
edit on 20-12-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

What does it matter what the change is from? That is just deflection. What made us the top species on this planet is adaptability. We have lost that, all we fund is war. Good future there.

It's a deflection from the charges that it's man made and that we must stop using wood burning stoves? That may fly in California but not in Montana or Wyoming where people would die without wood burning stoves. I have a friend who relies on one every day in the winter so I really wish people would stop with this argument.
edit on 20-12-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

Please.

yes it's winter where I live. Look jack, there was a global cooling scare before it was a global warming scare and it's a fact that the Bilderbergs wanted something which would justify a global tax on the people. This is a conspiracy site and the climate change thing is a conspiracy created by the Club of Rome which Al Gore is a member.

I have to say that is what brought me here years back, that very theory and 9/11 stuff. I have seen some of it up close and personal when it comes to gov overbearing and using bits of truth to create the image they want people to believe to complete the agenda. The facts don't matter to them, it is the outcome. THAT and the fact I do have my own brain and can reason facts fairly, is why i am not on board with AGW. I am board with we pollute too much withe heavy metals. And I know we need more vigilance in curbing CO and long chain Hydrocarbons not burned efficiently into CO2 + H2O in places like China and other parts of the world. Those are the problem for Asthmatic sufferers.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Where is the law to stop using burning wood stoves?

edit on 20-12-2016 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

May I ?
Some truth to the claim as certain models will be against regulations, which makes a lot obsolete.

www.naturalnews.com...

www.epa.gov...

www.independentsentinel.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

That seems to apply to types of wood burning stoves. Not a ban on wood stoves.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

They tried it couple years agoz... I think common sense finaliy prevailed or something.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I tried to find where such a law was introduced, but can't. Was it your state?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

a reply to: Justoneman

That seems to apply to types of wood burning stoves. Not a ban on wood stoves.

Yes, i agree with you. I think the issue is about 80% will be out of compliance is being perceived by many including myself as an attempt to treat a home burning wood stove like a power station smokestack. The way they are approaching this makes it prohibitive for those people who live off grid or are attempting to use the naturally occuring resources in their neighborhood. One of those articles I posted implies fireplaces are next.

I am sure some reform is not asking too much, but the presentation I saw was overbearing to me. The study was about N. Hampshire and it sounded like the citizens of the community the study focused on were not too keen on the new plans the EPA were presenting them for something that has been the way of life there since inception of the pilgrims. Those people built their lives accordingly around that style of heating and personal independence in a sparsely peopled area. They say "Live free or Die" in NH.
edit on 20-12-2016 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
In the US, they don't have to pass a law about environment (which makes it Unconstitutional from what I can tell), the EPA creates a regulation and assesses a fine structure. That is a big problem really because this is currently supported by the courts. It should be legally challenged based on the situation that the Constitution does state that our laws are to be made by Congress.
edit on 20-12-2016 by Justoneman because: Freudian slip "asses' for "assesses"

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

acknowledging that both warming and cooling exists is exactly what makes the "it's hot/cold outside" arguments null.

longer term change.

LONG TERM.

Looking outside once is less useful than watching "The Day After Tomorrow".

Deflect with your coherent arguments if you want, that specific one is not.
edit on 20-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I am not paid by any Oil Corp, and my electricity is 100% clean (it comes from a hydroelectricity power plant).

How is that accomplished? Do you have a direct line from the plant to your residence? Do you know the capacity of said hydro plant and the total MW sold? Do the numbers match? Or did you select the "clean power" option on your bill?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I tried to find where such a law was introduced, but can't. Was it your state?

No it was California which is why I said that might work in Cali but not in my state. Our Democratic governor would likely face some major push back if he tried that nonsense here. But he has been trying to resettle Syrian refugees here which is another radical cause without common sense. Poor Steve Bulluck trying to be a good Democrat.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join