It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopters Over Las Vegas Tonight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I truly don't know if this is some sort of conspiracy related thing or just something that happens. I've lived here a long time and never seen this, though.

A bunch of helicopters, in line, equidistant from each other, flew up Charleston Blvd. this evening, around fiveish. They didn't look like military but they were just high enough that I couldn't tell.

I've seen lots of things fly up there, but never this and never like this. Why would there be at least a dozen, that I saw, be flying like this? Is it some sort of normal training procedure or what? I can't figure out why a bunch of helicopters would do that and directly following a major street.

So what am I missing?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Nellis AFB. I go to school at Decatur and Hacienda, I see it all the time.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Yea it's normal hear u just don't always knotice it

Alot of interesting air traffic out hear expecially if u live close to nelis or McCarron

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

The tour helicopters return in the evening one after the other to the airport. My last trip there we watched six or seven land one after the other. As soon as one lined up for the pad, another was coming around the corner.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian

A couple weeks ago on my way to school a C130 landed at McCarron going over Tropicana, big effing jet!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Are you sure you are not seeing planes landing at McCarron? This wasn't that as I can see the planes landing from my house. Also Charleston is far from the flight path they take into the airport.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

They'll alter helicopter approaches if there's a lot of traffic. It's a lot safer and easier to alter the landing pattern for helicopters. You really can't move fixed wing traffic.

Did they look like these?

Sightseeing helicopters

Or these?

MH-60

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

They weren't going to the airport. This is five or six miles north of there. Maybe they turned and went there but I seriously doubt it.

I've lived here for forty of my fifty years, approximately, and never EVER seen this. I've seen the Flying Elvi while tripping on acid and this was almost as weird. They truly went up Charleston Blvd., single file, equidistant from each other. I can see the planes landing at the airport from my house even though it's not really close. They weren't going there, unless you can come up with something more plausible.

I do understand that Nellis is out east, which is near where this happened but I can only say they were high enough to not make out details except for red, blue and white lights - which just as I typed that made me wonder if there's some sort of patriotic thing I am missing. I certainly didn't see them as being military, anyway.

Frak, this has got me stymied.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

They're returning from the Grand Canyon.

m.lasvegassun.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I would definitely say the former but I was right underneath them and they were high enough in the sky that I couldn't see details. I just don't think they were big enough to be military, which would make sense. Some sort of training, I get that but just didn't look like that.

They looked like the flight for life helicopters, or news channels maybe.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

They're Grand Canyon tour helicopters returning. They come down Charleston, then the Strip to keep clear of arrivals and departures to the helicopter ramp.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Well, I'll be damned. You must use better words in your search engine than I do.

Huh, that is something new about my hometown I never knew. I guess I just don't live on the east end so it's something I have never seen before but that makes sense, having them avoid flight patterns.

Frak me. I feel a little stupid for starting this now. Thanks for the resolution to a rather stupid thread.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

If you don't ask, you don't find out.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I did ask a search engine but used the wrong words. I really should have thought of Occam's Razor but after all these years in this town, how could I have missed this?

I have rarely gone to the east side, even after all these years so whatever, I missed something weird in this town and now have shamed myself internationally.

Learn something new everyday, eh?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I've spent years digging into aviation accidents so have had to develop pretty good Google Fu to find some of the information.

It definitely looks odd though if you've never seen it. I've seen it a couple times when I've been in the area. I had a pretty similar reaction to yours the first time.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I did forget about the Grand Canyon angle when seeing this and even dismissed it earlier. I didn't think these were high enough to bother airplanes but now that I think about it them taking up the same area would be problematic.

Hey, you thought it was odd when you saw it so I'm not completely stoopid.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Every time I read about a line of helicopters over a city or a story like the low flying C130 over New York, my stomach does a flip. Instantly fears of a NEST search pops into my head.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Every time I read about a line of helicopters over a city or a story like the low flying C130 over New York, my stomach does a flip. Instantly fears of a NEST search pops into my head.

Must suck being paranoid.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA
But am I paranoid enough?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
a reply to: opethPA
But am I paranoid enough?

Good luck with all that..lol

Not evertthibg is a conspiracy .