It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw a commercial on TV !!! (unbelievable!!!!)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
they've tried not to make the same mistake they did when the protests started, and through some research and checking addresses on various "independent" movement sites, it could be all connected.

they've failed anyway.

check the source code of www.uniteforamerica.org...
there's a comment: <!-- jonathan-gedney-razx -->

Unite for America is nothing new - it's #NotMyPresident Alliance renamed. and guess who's the co-founder: Jon Gedney.
archive.is...

here's their facebook page that was since removed, with Gedney all over it again.
archive.is...

and yeah, those are the same assholes that posted personal information of electoral college members.
archive.is...

relevant source:
boards.4chan.org...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
now lets just hope it's a bunch of butthurt snowflakes throwing tantrums and not a psyop by Soros, to build a public image that through #NotMyPresident and Unite for America, they've build up enough pressure on the electoral college to swing their votes, while in reality they've made a back room deals with them.

because that just won't end peacefully.

and here's the vote count on that video, before they've disabled the counters:

edit on 18/12/2016 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Remember that President Bush lost the popular vote but the won the electoral votes. This was just shadows of things to come. Watch the voter turn out for the next election cycle. I am predicting we will see the lowest voter turn out in the history of the Presidency.
The argument WILL be "My vote means nothing because i'm not an elector."

Those 538 Votes select the POTUS. And we get 2 real choices. No Independent candidate would ever be elected POTUS
because there is not a big enough piece of the pie left after the 2 MAIN parties have had their fill.

Who selects the electors.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

That's ridiculous. You can't go making up your own definitions and criteria for treason and expect to be taken seriously.

The Constitution doesn't require the Electors to vote for who their State selected. If it did, there would be no point in an Electoral College in the first place. Electoral College voters can elect any American citizen that meets the eligibility requirements for the presidency and it would be completely in accordance with the US Constitution. They could literally "go rogue" and elect First Lady Michelle Obama and as long as she got the required 270 votes, she'd be the next US President.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

That's ridiculous. You can't go making up your own definitions and criteria for treason and expect to be taken seriously.

The Constitution doesn't require the Electors to vote for who their State selected. If it did, there would be no point in an Electoral College in the first place. Electoral College voters can elect any American citizen that meets the eligibility requirements for the presidency and it would be completely in accordance with the US Constitution. They could literally "go rogue" and elect First Lady Michelle Obama and as long as she got the required 270 votes, she'd be the next US President.

Are you worried trump will hurt you for your faith?

If trump gets in they do need to Amend the constitution to require them to do as directed.
Also though Most electors are chosen by their party. republicans won the majority of them and as such they are republican electors. Party loyalty does have its perks it seems.

Democrat electors only numbere what was shown on election night now. still more rep than dems,and i dont see them handing it to Hill or any democrat.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Are you worried trump will hurt you for your faith?

Are you trying to taunt me? My religion has absolutely nothing to do with my post or this thread, for that matter.

If trump gets in they do need to Amend the constitution to require them to do as directed.

So that the Electoral College is just a formality? Why have Electoral College voters at all if the Electoral College voting process is just a formality? Oh that's right. If our Presidential elections are decided by the popular vote, a conservative/Republican will probably never win again. So in this scenario the Electoral College "voters" would only exist in order to nullify the actual voters, even though the electoral College "voters" wouldn't really be voting at all. They'd just be turning in their State's "tallies".

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I seriously just saw a commercial on AMC cable TV for "electors" to consider changing their vote!

I swear to GOD...I actually watched it!!

I can't even believe it!!

In all my 54 years on this planet I never thought I would see such a thing!!! I am absolutely in SHOCK!!

If this isn't the bottom of the barrel, I don't know how or what someone could EVER construct which could be!!!

HOW LOW WILL THEY GO??????????

Unbelievable!!!

Tell you what. If people thought that the unrest by the sore loser SJWs was bad after Trump won, this country's seen nothing yet of what will occur if they decide now to install Hillary.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Wasn't Hillary saying that 'if the results from the election weren't respected, it's a direct threat to our democracy' or some # like that?

First off, she's going against what she stated, because she didn't win. Secondly, we are a republic...not a democracy.

If her party wanted a win, they should have picked a better candidate...

They blame Russia for exposing their mis-steps and other activities...basically saying 'if they didn't expose us, we'd have won' - well how about this?

Don't do illegal or stupid things, bring a better candidate to the table who actually shows and has proven they care about the individual, not just the masses, themselves or their party agenda...and you'll win.

Hell, I don't like Bernie, still don't, but if he was allowed to run to the end, I think the results would have been different...too bad it's all about themselves, party and worse....

When will people get smarter about these things? Can't be that difficult, can it?

The movie "Idiocracy" is coming to mind with all this....watch it if you've not had the chance.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

The electoral college was put in place for many reasons...one is to stop mob rule. It succeeded.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

A PAC paid for the ad? I don't see much TV on TV. I watch it on the net. But I have seen crazier political ads on You Tube.

They can consider changing their vote, it is a function of our government.

If most are set in their vote, then the ad was a waste of money.

Why is this unbelievable?

Did you speak up when people said Clinton had a colostomy bag under her suit? Did you speak up for the really strange stuff and incorrect things were said?

I've seem the commercial too. There's actually more than one...

What's unbelievable Reldra is that these famous "personalities" - mostly very liberal actors/actresses" are trying to use their fame to DIRECTLY influence *actions" involving our electoral process.

Not indirectly via speeches and money on behalf of a candidate or political idea (which is fine IMO) - but *directly* in the form of asking the electors to ignore the votes of their state.

It's flocking unconscionable.

How would these same "celebrities" feel if celebrities on the right (and there are more than a handful) were to do a commercial calling for *direct action* against HRC for the illegal server or all the illegal pay to play crap that went on in the Clinton Foundation?

Maybe someone should try to organize the above with high profile people who believe she should be in jail? Would love to see how these self same whiners handle a dose of their own medicine.

They'll probably try to organize a coloring and play-doh playing, cry-in.

I'm disgusted by their attitudes and behaviour, and from now on I'm going to call them out on it. Everywhere I see it.

edit on 12/18/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

What mob rule? Only something like 6% of the US population could vote when George Washington was elected. Unless by "mob rule" you mean "democracy", since the Founders clearly didn't want America to be a democracy.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

We aren't a democracy

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The real question here is WHO was the ad aimed at? Surely not the Electors. What are the chances any of then would see it? So the conclusion is that the ad was aimed at the general public. What can the general public do about this? Nothing but get upset. And about these actors, why should we pay ANY attention at all to what they say? They're actors with no other particular expertise. The only one I recognize is Martin Sheen, who simply proves he's as stupid as his son. Big waste of time and money.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Republic vs Democracy

In a republic, a constitution or charter of rights protects certain inalienable rights that cannot be taken away by the government, even if it has been elected by a majority of voters. In a "pure democracy," the majority is not restrained in this way and can impose its will on the minority.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The commercial absolutely IS aimed at the electors! In fact, if you watch the longer version it even plainly says this. However, I do agree there is a public consumption element to it, which presumably is aimed at having the general public pressure these same electors to defect from Trump.

The advertisement specifically addresses the 37 votes needed to wrest Trump below the 270 majority.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Tomorrow it will be over and they will have to find another way to steal the election. The Electors are not going to budge. Except for that one fruitcake who was probably a leftist plant to begin with .

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PainGod
Republic vs Democracy

In a republic, a constitution or charter of rights protects certain inalienable rights that cannot be taken away by the government, even if it has been elected by a majority of voters. In a "pure democracy," the majority is not restrained in this way and can impose its will on the minority.

Yes exactly, communism promotes the democracy mob rule of the masses even while being ruled by the elites.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I feel your pain. To ease it, watch this one. It's a personal favorite of mine on local TV here.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

What mob rule? Only something like 6% of the US population could vote when George Washington was elected. Unless by "mob rule" you mean "democracy", since the Founders clearly didn't want America to be a democracy.
The Founders clearly wanted a Representative Republic. They studied historical government forms and knew what was going on with the French Revolution and understood how masses of uneducated public could be amassed to do terrible things. Just like today when people are being stirred up to riot and such by being given disinfo.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

And yes mob rule or majority rule over minority. The electoral college was devised to keep such as an individual state like California from ruling the outcome of the entire election.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join