It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw a commercial on TV !!! (unbelievable!!!!)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Heard this last night on the radio...sorry if it has already been posted.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Where has Obama and Hillary ever made a public statement condemning and requesting the treats and harassment against the members of the Electoral Collage must stop?

Enough said

www.detroitnews.com...
Michigan electors cite threats over Trump vote

www.google.com... client=safari
Arizona Electoral College voters with Trump, amid onslaught of opposition, threats

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Where did they ever call for an end to violence in the streets? (Ferguson, LA, Atlanta, Seattle, NY)

Where did they ever call for an end to random killing of cops? (Dallas, Atlanta, Philadelphia)

Where did they ever call out the "Islamic terrorists" who've struck this country in the past 8 years? (Boston, Orlando, San Bernadino)

They didn't. And by their silence they were complicit.

edit on 12/20/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
Where has Obama and Hillary ever made a public statement condemning and requesting the treats and harassment against the members of the Electoral Collage must stop?

Enough said

www.detroitnews.com...
Michigan electors cite threats over Trump vote

www.google.com... client=safari
Arizona Electoral College voters with Trump, amid onslaught of opposition, threats

Quite the opposite, the Clinton campaign has been stirring the pot and encouraging the threats. Podesta was out and about giving interviews before the EC and even went as far as to agree that private meetings between the CIA and the electors should take place.

The Democrats have forever etched their party into the history books as the prime example of one party not accepting US Democracy and doing everything they possibly could to change an election result.

I do believe their actions have not only weakened their chances in 2020, but strengthened Trump's chances of implementing needed policies that might otherwise have been difficult to pass - like voter ID laws, bans on immigration from certain countries, the wall... Trump is stronger, not weaker, because of the Democrat crying. He just keeps winning...very visibly.

The actors that made that video advert are now laughing stocks across the world. The poster children for losers and whiners everywhere. I think the definition of a 'loser' will have a reference in the Oxford Dictionary to Martin Sheen.
edit on 20/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Unfortunately, the Democrats have found ways around voter ID laws. That was the push for drivers licenses for illegal aliens. Aslong as you have an ID, it's almost an automatic mechanism in some states for voter registration.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The old double post
edit on 20-12-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

and thats unfortunate?

Shouldn't we want as many people as possible to vote?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

and thats unfortunate?

No, because voter suppression would be eliminated. You see, the United States isn't a Democracy, it's a Republic.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

and thats unfortunate?

Very much so! What is wrong with asking for ID to show that you are legal to vote and ensure that you only vote once?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

and thats unfortunate?

Very much so! What is wrong with asking for ID to show that you are legal to vote and ensure that you only vote once?

Nothing. "Legal to vote" is a bit of a challenging concept. If you can control the way identifications are distributed, you control who now votes. So "Very much so!" is what is being contradicted by your question. It's a form of suppression. Example: Why do you have to be 18? Is this not discrimination against the intelligence of youthful individuals? Last I checked, people younger than 18 have opinions and aren't attempting to cast multiple votes. The point is voter restrictions suppress democracy.

Is your criticism a valid one though? Yeah sorta. You neglect certain ideas stopping the buck at qualified identification. They're only ilegal because they actually live here, that means they are to a degree, your neighbors, and sudo-citizens in terms of their membership to the community. They have homes, work here and pay sales tax. The majority of the 'gripe' is they do not pay income tax, but the wages they are paid often very low would have literal negligible returns of 0 over and over. The real question, is what separates YOU from them, as a citizen? Is it endowed by God? Whatever the answer is, they are not a legal citizen because of it.

It's not like they can't act against the ideas of a Government anyway if you take voting away. Everyone bags the Government. If they wanted to make abortion legal, they just rape people, if they wanted more gun restrictions, they shoot.

I'm going to love to see how this Republican Presidency continues now without cheap untaxed labor. /sarc The idea is more jobs and you want to deport people who have settled. You have no idea how ironic that is. Turnover isn't 'more jobs' you're just making Americans the new manual labor.
edit on 20-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack
WHAT!?!

Why do you have to be 18? Is this not discrimination against the intelligence of youthful individuals?

You want 4 year olds voting now? LOL 18 is the legal age of an adult. Until you reach the age of 18 you do not have a say in this country. Sorry, that’s our laws.

You neglect certain ideas stopping the buck at qualified identification. They're only ilegal because they actually live here, that means they are to a degree, your neighbors, and sudo-citizens in terms of their membership to the community. They have homes, work here and pay sales tax. The majority of the 'gripe' is they do not pay income tax, but the wages they are paid often very low would have literal negligible returns of 0 over and over. The real question, is what separates YOU from them, as a citizen? Is it endowed by God? Whatever the answer is, they are not a legal citizen because of it.

So you want the illegals to have a vote? Have them follow the law and become a citizen. Why should someone who is not a citizen have a voice in this country’s election? Do you realize you are supporting what they have been screaming doesn’t happen????

It's not like they can't act against the ideas of a Government anyway if you take voting away. Everyone bags the Government. If they wanted to make abortion legal, they just rape people, if they wanted more gun restrictions, they shoot.

WHAT!?! Just because illegals don’t follow the law and they aren’t made to doesn’t mean every other law is then null and void!!! Rape, illegal! Murder, illegal! Try and see where it gets you. And they are acting against the government when they come here illegally!

I'm going to love to see how this Republican Presidency continues now without cheap untaxed labor. /sarc The idea is more jobs and you want to deport people who have settled. You have no idea how ironic that is. Turnover isn't 'more jobs' you're just making Americans the new manual labor.
There is a thing called a Visa if they would like to work here. Otherwise they are taking legal jobs from people that could use them. It’s not turnover….it’s the law! So if I come and settle my ass in your house, I get to stay because I’m settled? Do you realize how stupid your arguments are?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

and thats unfortunate?

a drivers license?...NO, not everyone drives.
a voter id card should be sufficient

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity
Didn't say driver's license. You quoted me, where do I say driver's license? If a state enforces voter ID, I feel it should be an ID paid for by the state. I do believe that neutronflux was the one talking about driver's license and how they could NOT be used.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Where did they ever call for an end to violence in the streets? (Ferguson, LA, Atlanta, Seattle, NY)

Where did they ever call for an end to random killing of cops? (Dallas, Atlanta, Philadelphia)

Where did they ever call out the "Islamic terrorists" who've struck this country in the past 8 years? (Boston, Orlando, San Bernadino)

They didn't. And by their silence they were complicit.

I'm a Trump supporter and even I'll call you out on this one. Obama did call for the Ferguson riots to stop, although maybe not in the language many of us wanted. He condemned it, the same as he condemned the cop killings.

Islamic terrorists, on the other hand, were not called out for what they are.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
amazing!
edit on 22-12-2016 by LucyZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Joe Biden must have read my post here in this thread from a few days ago

In that post, I said things such as these quotes below from the post about how the Dems did not do well with the American working class/lower middle class, and how the Democratic Party panders too much to Liberal Elitist extreme views.

Case in point, she lost Wisconsin and she lost Michigan -- two places that she THOUGHT she would win -- because she didn't spend enough time or money in those states. She was under the (incorrect) assumption that lower middle class voters will vote for her because they traditionally vote democrat. However, she overestimated the depth of the lower-middle class support.

Trump's people must have noticed this, and they spent a heck of a lot more time in places such as Michigan and Wisconsin (and rural Ohio and rural Pennsylvania) than Ms. Clinton, and those voters turned their usually democratic party vote to Trump instead. Wisconsin and Michigan are just examples -- Trump beat her in other lower-middle class areas as well.

and

I feel embarrassed sometimes being a democrat (I'm socially moderate-to-liberal, but fiscally conservative) when I see the democratic party becoming the party pandering to the liberal elite. And, yeah -- I'm mostly liberal, but I'm not one of the liberal elite. To me the liberal elite are a bunch of white intellectuals who feel they need to be some sort of Great Protector of the less fortunate, because (an this is the rub) the less fortunate are unable to help themselves; i.e., the liberal elite looks down on some citizens in this country almost as if they have some sort of metal or physical disability that requires them to be a "ward of the state". And if they become their "Great Protector", then they will automatically get their votes.

Toady, VP Biden had some very similar criticisms of his Democratic Party, calling some of them "Limousine Liberals", and how they failed to attract the vote of most working class Americans:

Biden took care not to criticize Clinton directly but scolded his party for acting like a bunch of "limousine liberals" who offer solutions without taking time to listen and learn about problems....

...For one thing, it tells us where he comes down on the question of whether Democrats ought to redouble their efforts to win white, working-class voters or simply cede this shrinking demographic to the GOP. The news media has covered extensively Republicans' self-identified need to make gains among racial minorities who tend to vote Democrat — but that is because they represent growing shares of the electorate. Some liberals have argued that Democrats shouldn't waste their time on white, working-class voters, whose influence is fading, anyway.

"The Democrats don't need them, they shouldn't want them, and they should once and for all stop coddling them," the Daily Beast's Peter Birkenhead wrote last month. Biden clearly disagrees.

Joe Biden says Democrats have stopped talking to white, working-class voters

And similar things said by VP Joe Biden in an interview with MSNBC's Chris Matthews:

VP Biden: We’ve lost touch with working class voters

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

I think politicians read stuff here (and elsewhere) more than we all think!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
DP

edit on 12/24/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I just came across this thread

I am not an American however if this is true and commercials like this are being aired then I fear for you guys. You all need to stand up and fight!

You can't allow it. It's shocking, wrong and quite frankly, disgusting

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Box of Rain

I think politicians read stuff here (and elsewhere) more than we all think!

Well, I was just joking about Biden reading my post, but who knows!

What I said in my other post isn't a secret revelation about the Demecratic party and about why Hillary lost. There are a lot of people pointing out how the democratic Party seems to be abandoning the average working class American in order to court special interest minority groups. There are a lot of people talking about how the core the democratic party listened too much to the elitist liberals (Biden called them "Limousine Liberals") rather than listening to its grass-roots core. ".

That white intellectual elite wing of the democratic Party thinks they speak for all the "Peter Birkenhead did in the Daily Beast article mentioned by Biden. In the Daily Beast article, Birkenhead calls the "The White Working Class". but the fact is that it is the working class in general -- white, black, Hispanic, Asian, etc. -- who feel as if Hillary and my Democratic Party is not listening to them, but instead cared more about those special interest minority groups.

...i.e., not all minorities feel that special interest social issues are that germane to what they feel is important in protecting their livelihoods.

The elitist side of the Democratic Party wrongly assumed that minority working class Americans would all vote for Hillary simply because they are minorities. However, those minority working class Americans identify themselves more with there white working-class brethren than they do with the message that the Democratic Party was putting out. The number one issue of the minds of black, Hispanic AND white working class is economic stability, not social justice, and most of them felt that Trump could better provide that economic stability.

On that Daily Beast article, Peter Birkenhead wrote about the white male working class voting for Trump because they care mainly about personal economic stability, but he seems to miss the point that black and Hispanic working class Americans also mainly care about personal economic stability, and many of them voted for Trump. The incorrect idea that ALL blacks and Hispanics would be one homogeneous block of voters whose votes are based mainly on social justice issues is what the democratic elite got wrong. Many do vote based on social issues, but a good chunk of working class minorities care more about keeping their jobs, and they feel Trump would do a better job keeping lower-middle class jobs (manufacturing, construction, service industry, distribution industry, etc.) in America.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join