It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw a commercial on TV !!! (unbelievable!!!!)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: Butterfinger

you mean more dumbed down by fake news?

Don't assume he believes the fake BS he sells..

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

“The Rolling Stones have never given permission to the Trump campaign to use their songs and have requested that they cease all use immediately,” a spokesman for the band said at the time.

www.thewrap.com...

But honestly...I always thought Trump's choice of Sympathy for the Devil for his appearances was most telling..

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul to waste

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

I stuck around St. Petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain

I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah
(Woo woo, woo woo)

I watched with glee
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made
(Woo woo, woo woo)

I shouted out,
Who killed the Kennedys?
When after all
It was you and me
(Who who, who who)

Let me please introduce myself
And I laid traps for troubadours
Who get killed before they reached Bombay
(Woo woo, who who)

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
(Who who)
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby
(Who who, who who)

Pleased to meet you
But what's confusing you
Is just the nature of my game
(Woo woo, who who)

Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
'Cause I'm in need of some restraint
(Who who, who who)

So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
(Woo woo)
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or I'll lay your soul to waste, mm yeah
(Woo woo, woo woo)

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, mm yeah
(Who who)
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, mm mean it, get down
(Woo woo, woo woo)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I mean, I was expecting to hear the breaking of the seventh seal and to see fire and brimstone rain down. Trump riding one of the horses of the Apocalypse. Must be with the collapse of the economic system we were also warned about by actors on shows such as The Daily Show.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

“The Rolling Stones have never given permission to the Trump campaign to use their songs and have requested that they cease all use immediately,” a spokesman for the band said at the time.

www.thewrap.com...

But honestly...I always thought Trump's choice of Sympathy for the Devil for his appearances was most telling..

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
And the bodies stank

Pleased to meet you
Ah, what's puzzling you
(Woo woo, woo woo)

I watched with glee
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made
(Woo woo, woo woo)

I shouted out,
Who killed the Kennedys?
When after all
It was you and me
(Who who, who who)

(Woo woo, who who)

Pleased to meet you
(Who who)
But what's puzzling you
(Who who, who who)

Pleased to meet you
But what's confusing you
(Woo woo, who who)

As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
(Who who, who who)

So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
(Woo woo)
(Woo woo, woo woo)

Pleased to meet you
(Who who)
But what's puzzling you
(Woo woo, woo woo)

Oh I see you've gone full on mental now. You were close before but you've finally gone over the edge.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

A tad dramatic, no?

Please stay on ATS and post a topic once Trump starts his genocide will you darling?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'm all for the electoral college voting for whom they want...
...HOWEVER, if their vote can ever swayed by a TV commercial, then this country would have some problems.

By the way, I'm not a Trump supporter, but Hillary is fooling herself if she thinks her defeat was not "fair and square". Maybe Comey's letter had a small part in it, and maybe outside hackers pushing fake news has a small part in it, but I (and even Democratic Party political pundits) think that the reason Hillary lost is because she did not spend enough time courting middle America.

Case in point, she lost Wisconsin and she lost Michigan -- two places that she THOUGHT she would win -- because she didn't spend enough time or money in those states. She was under the (incorrect) assumption that lower middle class voters will vote for her because they traditionally vote democrat. However, she overestimated the depth of the lower-middle class support.

Trump's people must have noticed this, and they spent a heck of a lot more time in places such as Michigan and Wisconsin (and rural Ohio and rural Pennsylvania) than Ms. Clinton, and those voters turned their usually democratic party vote to Trump instead. Wisconsin and Michigan are just examples -- Trump beat her in other lower-middle class areas as well.

So while people in Ms. Clinton's camp want to cast doubt onto the legitimacy of Trump's win by insinuating it was Director Comey's letter or maybe Russian interference that made Ms. Clinton lose, they ought to be looking at themselves in a mirror. Hillary's campaign strategy was the main reason she lost.

I feel embarrassed sometimes being a democrat (I'm socially moderate-to-liberal, but fiscally conservative) when I see the democratic party becoming the party pandering to the liberal elite. And, yeah -- I'm mostly liberal, but I'm not one of the liberal elite. To me the liberal elite are a bunch of white intellectuals who feel they need to be some sort of Great Protector of the less fortunate, because (an this is the rub) the less fortunate are unable to help themselves; i.e., the liberal elite looks down on some citizens in this country almost as if they have some sort of metal or physical disability that requires them to be a "ward of the state". And if they become their "Great Protector", then they will automatically get their votes.

The liberal elite has little faith in most middle Americans, and feels they can only be sustained through socialized programs.

Hillary's Camps problem was that she thought if they played the role of this "Great Protector" that those people would be so grateful and vote Democrat. The problem is that many of those people care about other larger issues facing America (some issues that do not directly affect them day-to-day) other than only the day-to-day issues that the Democratic Elite only THINK those people care about.

And, by the way, the electoral college exists in order to give rural and lower-middle class areas a voice. If the election was based on popular votes, then candidates could more easily ignore the rural and middle-America voters and instead concentrate on the population centers in and around big cities. If we had no electoral college, the candidates would bother to court the vote of a huge geographical area of the country and just stick to cities.

So yeah -- It's my moderate liberalism that makes me believe that the Electoral College is vital. Without it, middle America would not be heard as much.

edit on 2016/12/19 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

edit on 2016/12/19 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: everyone

LOL Why am I not surprised that in the "Age of Trump", stating facts is considered a bad thing. How did they "misuse" facts in the hypothetical situation I replied to?

Historical facts are abused all the time. For instance when people attempt to draw a comparison to adolph hitler for instance to win a argument, not uncommon at all, It is very easily done in fact.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

A tad dramatic, no?

Why is the drama mine? Trump personally chose that song for his rallies?

Take the drama up with him...

Rolling Stones’ “Sympathy for the Devil” Played At Trump Rallies –WTF ?
www.dailykos.com...

Why is "Sympathy for the Devil" played at Donald Trump rallies?!
althouse.blogspot.com...

Rolling Stones, Others Have No ‘Sympathy for the Devil’ or Trump
guardianlv.com...
edit on 19-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Indigo5

www.thewrap.com...

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
And the bodies stank

Pleased to meet you
Ah, what's puzzling you
(Woo woo, woo woo)

I watched with glee
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made
(Woo woo, woo woo)

I shouted out,
Who killed the Kennedys?
When after all
It was you and me
(Who who, who who)

(Woo woo, who who)

Pleased to meet you
(Who who)
But what's puzzling you
(Who who, who who)

Pleased to meet you
But what's confusing you
(Woo woo, who who)

As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
(Who who, who who)

So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
(Woo woo)
(Woo woo, woo woo)

Pleased to meet you
(Who who)
But what's puzzling you
(Woo woo, woo woo)

Oh I see you've gone full on mental now. You were close before but you've finally gone over the edge.

You are very silly man with a not so healthy brain.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I once MODIFIED THE lyrics OF "Detroit Rock City" to a cavalry charge...I wouldn't PRESUME to bore anyone ,not inpressive.
AND pedantic if I MUST say...

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I went to a Trump rally. I don't remember the full playlist of songs but I do remember them playing another Rolling Stones song. You can't always get what you want. I remember laughing because I saw it as a poke at the 'never Trumpers'. Maybe they played Sympathy for the Devil. I really don't remember it though.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Personally, with the way the system is set up, I don't believe the electoral college can go against the voting result of each state, it has to honour it, otherwise, why hold a nationwide election in the first place? Why ask the American people to vote for a candidate if the college is going to say no to them? I wonder, can democracy ever be truly exercised in a plutocracy?

There seems to be forces at work on both sides of the pond, both chasing to overturn a genuine democratic result, casting doubt on it, testing the veracity of the result. I see these as tests of resistance to see just how far people will allow the push to go. They are after changing the system to something that is not democratic, but plutocratic, and for plutocratic interests.

Globalists (plutocrats all) have to do away with the democratic system. They cannot achieve the goals of their agenda while democracy remains in place as the chosen electoral system. They know (and have just seen) that while democracy remains in place, the people will not go along with the globalist agenda. Expect to see democracy come under some very strange, but severe attacks. They won't blame democracy itself, they will blame the electoral candidate, and they will blame the voter for their unintelligent use of their vote. They don't believe you should have a say any longer. They want you to accept unelected people to make all your choices for you, because they know best, they know better than you.

If you accept that, say good bye to America. It's not being asked to leave, but it has certainly been handed its hat.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
We have fake news why not fake commercials. What better way to enrage the right to vote than to make some fake commercials confirming their greatest fears about the left. It's perfect. Just look how many people are angry enough to post here!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Agreed, 100%.

Well said.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Personally, with the way the system is set up, I don't believe the electoral college can go against the voting result of each state, it has to honour it, otherwise, why hold a nationwide election in the first place? Why ask the American people to vote for a candidate if the college is going to say no to them? I wonder, can democracy ever be truly exercised in a plutocracy?

There seems to be forces at work on both sides of the pond, both chasing to overturn a genuine democratic result, casting doubt on it, testing the veracity of the result. I see these as tests of resistance to see just how far people will allow the push to go. They are after changing the system to something that is not democratic, but plutocratic, and for plutocratic interests.

Globalists (plutocrats all) have to do away with the democratic system.

Our government has been overthrown since 1913. It's called the Federal Reserve. We can't lose what we've already lost!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain
I feel embarrassed sometimes being a democrat (I'm socially moderate-to-liberal, but fiscally conservative) when I see the democratic party becoming the party pandering to the liberal elite. And, yeah -- I'm mostly liberal, but I'm not one of the liberal elite. To me the liberal elite are a bunch of white intellectuals who feel they need to be some sort of Great Protector of the less fortunate, because (an this is the rub) the less fortunate are unable to help themselves; i.e., the liberal elite looks down on some citizens in this country almost as if they have some sort of metal or physical disability that requires them to be a "ward of the state". And if they become their "Great Protector", then they will automatically get their votes.

Now that all the Democrats and liberals have been vanquished from government you have nothing to be embarrassed about.

Now if the Republicans will only make Abortion illegal then I can finally stop saying the Republicans are just as bad as the Democrats. With the Republicans controlling all 3 branches of the government, nothing is stopping them from outlawing abortion nation wide. Millions of babies will be saved. But I bet you the Republicans will allow the 60 vote rule in the Senate so come 2018 they can continue the blame the Democrats. How dad to the Democrats have to lose before the Republicans finally make abortion illegal????

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Though I disagree with your make abortion illlegal position...your post asks the correct question. Who do the republicans have left to blame for not getting things done?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
dfnj2015

Our government has been overthrown since 1913.

Not a single American government administration has been overthrown. Your choice of words are wholly inadequate to convey what you truly mean. You need to articulate precisely what you mean. Not a single administration has ever been overthrown, they have however, signed up to the deal, and got rich off it.

Each successive administration created the system by law and legislature, so that thy could play the system for their own benefit and self-interest and in total cahoots with the financial elite. Not by any stretch of the imagination can that be described as overthrown. What it really stands for is betrayal of the American people, and you know what, all those militia guys who said they would defend the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, well...not so much as a peep out of them. Like everyone else, they only have their own self-interests at heart, not the country, and certainly not the constitution. 2nd amendment, huh, you can wipe your ass with it for all the value it is held up to be.

It's called the Federal Reserve. We can't lose what we've already lost!

So why bother about anything at all? The American people are just too small and the forces ranged against them too large and powerful. Just do what everyone else is doing, Keep your head down and whinge all about it on forums. Land of the free and home of the brave...don't make me laugh.
edit on 19/12/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Nahh we use liberal tears to oil our guns. Get it right!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join