It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw a commercial on TV !!! (unbelievable!!!!)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I seriously just saw a commercial on AMC cable TV for "electors" to consider changing their vote!

I swear to GOD...I actually watched it!!

I can't even believe it!!

In all my 54 years on this planet I never thought I would see such a thing!!! I am absolutely in SHOCK!!

If this isn't the bottom of the barrel, I don't know how or what someone could EVER construct which could be!!!

HOW LOW WILL THEY GO??????????

Unbelievable!!!

same feeling I had when trump was elected...get use to it, the next 4 years will see a lot of that reaction, maybe not from you, but from 10's of millions of others

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

The commercial absolutely IS aimed at the electors! In fact, if you watch the longer version it even plainly says this. However, I do agree there is a public consumption element to it, which presumably is aimed at having the general public pressure these same electors to defect from Trump.

The advertisement specifically addresses the 37 votes needed to wrest Trump below the 270 majority.

you have to be joking.

as proven few posts ago, those assholes that created it in the first place, were the same ones that posted personal information of electoral college members. they can contact celebrities, but can't contact few people they've already found?

no. it's purely for public consumption, and that's because it's a psyop. don't look at what they're saying, look at what they're trying to achieve.

"omg they're asking the electors, we've screwed up"
"so many famous people trying to correct our choice, what have we done"

it's a basic, guilt-driven psyop aimed at sheeple, part of much bigger operation trying to create an impression that there's a big movement against Trump.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

They don't have any better candidates. Didn't they have like only three in their primary debates? The Democrat Party is taking quite a nose dive in my opinion as all they have are some radicals who have convinced everybody of free stuff. People like free stuff so free education free health care and voila you have the college kids and the average working class and people who are already on welfare to vote for them plus the illegals who want anything including our jobs.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

multi partisan... what they mean is that the NWO elites in both the GOP and DNC want Hillary to steal the election and they care not one whit about whats really right.... they use attractive terms like "Unite for America".... what they mean is "listen to us we know better". Its a disgusting display of elites ruling the planet just like their One World Totalitarian government.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Love it or hate it, it's a part of the process.

Yes, there appears to be a large subset of Americans who only like the law when it suits them. When it doesn't, we get threads like this.

I, for one, am sick to death of the vitriol, insults and labeling coming from the "right" side of ATS. I have avoided ATS for several weeks now because of it. If it doesn't stop soon I won't be returning at all. The people doing it are hypocritical to the highest degree and I have no interest in reading any more of their circle-jerking.

No we get threads like this because the sore losers lost sorely and would do anything to change the results. Americans have spoken and the elite cabal lost this one. Remember HRC asked Trump if he was willing to respect the election results... of course that's while she assumed she was the automatic winner because she has the NWO elites behind her... as well as a bucket load of reptilian overlords.
edit on 18-12-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Of course there's a commercial for it, they're hoping for reactions such as yours, anger and hatred directed at all Democrats based on the decisions of those behind the curtains. They're looking for division to be created and your 'shock' was the purpose of that commercial and this whole political circus we see playing out before us.

People say they don't trust the media yet still get shocked when they say something divisive and stupid. Well duh, that's the point, your giving a divisive and stupid reaction which is exactly what they were looking and hoping for.

They're widening the rift between the two parties with this scripted charade, they are saying and doing these things because they know conservatives will go mad over it. Stop falling for it.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
I will be oiling my firearms with liberal tears tonight.
No worries.

Very poetic... love it!

No matter how large your arsenal is, Reldra's supply should be plenty in and of itself.

soulwaxer
edit on 18-12-2016 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

It is simply unprecedented that a commercial put out by radicals and Hollywood elites would try to sway the electoral college in such a thuggish way, but look its the Democratic Party way. We saw that with the SEIU thugs going around to Tea Party rallies and beating up whoever they didn't like. Its worse than the old Italian mafia families because they have so much clout and money.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The commercial absolutely IS aimed at the electors! In fact, if you watch the longer version it even plainly says this. However, I do agree there is a public consumption element to it, which presumably is aimed at having the general public pressure these same electors to defect from Trump.

I realize that ad SAYS this. But think about it. What are the chances any of the 538 Electors actually were watching television at the time? What are the chances that they would have been watching this specific program? Bear in mind they were likely traveling at the time. Given the population of the country the chances any of the Electors saw this ad is zilch. And THAT means the ad was NOT actually directed at them, but addressed to the general public. The idea that the general public will somehow be convinced by this ad showcasing actors with no particular expertise to "pressure" Electors into voting differently is rather a fanciful one. You will find this out later today.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

If it doesn't stop soon I won't be returning at all. The people doing it are hypocritical to the highest degree and I have no interest in reading any more of their circle-jerking.

Translation: "I don't like anybody who criticizes or doesn't like my opinions or world view"
Sorry too bad....

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

If it doesn't stop soon I won't be returning at all. The people doing it are hypocritical to the highest degree and I have no interest in reading any more of their circle-jerking.

Translation: "I don't like anybody who criticizes or doesn't like my opinions or world view"
Sorry too bad....

Translation: You should love everyone,
including liberals and steamy right wing echo chambers.

?
edit on 18-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Exactly, it's aimed at the general public to cause anger. Look at how they're already reacting to it, with anger and shock. Very predictable.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Kromlech

lol, the only whining that's been taking place, is that from liberals, the left, and snowflakes in general. Hence their meltdowns, safe spaces, resorting to violent tantrums, and liberal tears. Yummy, delicious liberal tears. Keep hoping there, LOL, and carry on.

Thankyou for that perfect example of vitriol, insulting and labeling that I described earlier on this page. You couldn't have proven my point better.

I have no interest in discussing anything with hypocrites. Have a nice day.

Nothing like a little karmic payback for how the Left belittled conservatives for 8 years
edit on 18-12-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

I realize that ad SAYS this. But think about it. What are the chances any of the 538 Electors actually were watching television at the time? What are the chances that they would have been watching this specific program? Bear in mind they were likely traveling at the time. Given the population of the country the chances any of the Electors saw this ad is zilch. And THAT means the ad was NOT actually directed at them, but addressed to the general public.

My tech can locate baby sitters on Friday Night. Even if your TV is on or off. They're also called impressions when they're targeted because statistical analysis can prove they saw it. In other words, there are specific economic incentives in commercial contracts to advertisers for this specific kind of idea. If you can prove they saw it, the commercial is now a gold mine to the delivery.

So ya, maybe they didn't see it, but it's more much open ended than that.

There's also YouTube and the News, so they're not exactly ignorant to the situation.

Not that it matters, but specific program and how many doesn't matter. You're correct it's for the public, because they ran precisely more than 538 to the electors in the first place. The illusion is they would miss the electors TV at all.

Commercials are NOT sold by timeslot anymore. Advertisers literally pick specific TV's by the thousands.

The only time-sloted commercials left, are on expiring contracts that were preemptive. I kid you not, there are literally targeted 'half-commercials' that are even cheaper to buy and sold to fill spots to give the seamless 'live air' impression TV has when you turn it on or change channels. The reality is literally everything is catered, tailored, buffered and then served up specifically for you.
edit on 18-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I have to disagree schuyler.

I do believe they are hoping the ad will sway some regular folks to their view, but I believe the primary target is exactly who they say it is - the Electors.

For two reasons:

1 - the 538 electors are spread out among all 50 states. It's not like they all live in DC. So a mass market ad has the greatest potential for reaching them directly. Especially if it is run multiple times on multiple channels. Which it is.

2 - The ad can also convince or sway friends and/or family members of the electors - all of whom know that their friend/family member is an elector. Therefore, if the commercial is done well and is persuasive to those willing to hear the message, you then get these same friends/family members potentially also putting *direct* pressure on the electors to not do what they swore to do.

It's a two-fer and a brilliant play by the anti-Trump left.

I think it sucks for reasons I've outlined in other threads, but I recognize and acknowledge a good idea when I see it, even if it comes from those I do not agree with nor respect.
edit on 12/18/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

The advertisement specifically addresses the 37 votes needed to wrest Trump below the 270 majority.

you have to be joking.

as proven few posts ago, those assholes that created it in the first place, were the same ones that posted personal information of electoral college members. they can contact celebrities, but can't contact few people they've already found?

no. it's purely for public consumption, and that's because it's a psyop. don't look at what they're saying, look at what they're trying to achieve.

"omg they're asking the electors, we've screwed up"
"so many famous people trying to correct our choice, what have we done"

it's a basic, guilt-driven psyop aimed at sheeple, part of much bigger operation trying to create an impression that there's a big movement against Trump.

Interesting angle!

Hmmmmmph, you may be onto something here! Seriously.

Very interesting indeed.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

I tend to agree with this. I think it may even swing the other way actually blowing back on the dems with some dem electors defecting from Hillary.

I guess we will see tomorrow. (but aren't the electoral votes not counted until Jan 6?)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Some of the electors are already considering using their power for the reason the elector college was set up and changing their vote.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Martin75

What mob rule? Only something like 6% of the US population could vote when George Washington was elected. Unless by "mob rule" you mean "democracy", since the Founders clearly didn't want America to be a democracy.

And yes mob rule or majority rule over minority. The electoral college was devised to keep such as an individual state like California from ruling the outcome of the entire election.

Whats funny is IF this was clinton they would be calling us un patriotic and crazy. And alot of them think California and NY should tell everyone what to do as well.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Some of the electors are already considering using their power for the reason the elector college was set up and changing their vote.

Yeha they also need to consider if they want to live another 4 years
lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join