It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBQ Competition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well folks - I'm gonna be off of ATS this weekend....

I'll be the right hand man for a grilling-genius/friend of mine this year at the 2005 Lakeland Pig Festival, which is the Florida BBQ competition that qualifies your team for several other national competitions...

Our team name is "Dark Side of the Moo!!"

He placed in the top 10 in almost every category last year, so wish us luck!

This guy not only has some incredible BBQ recipes, but I hear he makes a killer margarita....If I can get him to "spill his beans" I'll be sure to share

Check out the website! - Although I admit there's not much there...lol

Edit: Changed the title...maybe there's something about the phrase "pig festival" that doesn't attract much attention...lol

[edit on 1/27/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
good luck dude

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
good luck and most importantly have fun

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I love BBQ's all the good food lol good luck, and will you be giving out free samples to ats members enron? lol good luck once again

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well....Unforunately we didn't place in the top 10 this year....The Music City Pig Pals - a huge team from Memphis that's been featured on Food Network multiple times - are the ones who swept the competition....

But I gotta tell you....The BBQ we made was some of the best I've ever tasted....It's a really bizarre worl though....These competition BBQ people are religious about their grilling....lol

We had a great time though....and for those interested, I'll be updating my culinary thread...Want to Swoon Your Next Date Over Dinner? with rub recipes, cooking times, BBQ sauces and a great Blue Margarita recipe

[edit on 1/30/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

top topics

join