It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine propane dealer won’t deliver to Trump voters–Leaving 60% of customers out in the cold

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sostratus

Well, isn't that interesting?

This idiot has just opened a Pandora's box of problems for himself...with not even hope left in it.

Very nice find.
edit on 12/17/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Kali74

I'll be honest, I did miss that.

I wrongly assumed you'd be for punishing people who think differently.

I apologize.

Yeah, you always do and quite intentionally. My posting history and our own back and forth over the years ought to tell you how anti-authoritarian I am. But that doesn't suit your victim complex, does it?

ETA: And honestly the fact that you can see it's wrong for fuel and not for cakes is what makes you the authoritarian. Discrimination is discrimination whether it's for guns or safety pins.
edit on 12/17/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I just got done reading through the UTPA.

The civil suit is limited. Property damage may be applicable however they would have to prove like in the case of burst pipes that they did things on their side to mitigate damages within their ability. Like turn off water or open taps.

Also as I have already looked on the map in that area and found 5 other propane companies it would still be hard to push any other suit on him if damages occurred and they didn't attempt to obtain propane from those other sources.

There is a certain amount of personal responsibility they have to take which is why I said the guy will probably lose is license over it, but I don't forsee any other charges that could be levied against him.

He's screwed legally in so many ways.

Here's what is interesting about this whole thing.

Two things could happen to him here, civil suits are completely different from criminal charges. Civil suits are just that the verdicts are either for or against. Criminal charges are a completely different, this is where the verdicts are guilty or innocent, and from Maine's laws it appears the Attorney General would be the ones to levy charges here.

This dealer may also be violating the "Fair Credit Practices" however this would have to be argued in court.

But the one thing in Maine that stands out is "He" the dealer must sell to his customers period.

§ 100.4 Required Heating Oil Sales A dealer must sell heating oil within its established delivery area to any person who is willing and able to pay cash. The dealer must make this sale even if: A. The person has not paid for a past sale of heating oil; or B. The person is not an established customer of the dealer.

This Rule also applies if payment is to be made in certified or cashier’s check, commercial money order, or their equivalent, or if a government or community action agency has guaranteed to pay on behalf of the person the cost of the heating oil sale. When a person requests 20 gallons or more of heating oil under this Rule, the dealer must deliver the oil no later than the next scheduled delivery to the person’s neighborhood.

THE MAINE UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES ACT

CONSUMER HOME HEATING
RIGHTS

edit on 17-12-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

remember the tow truck driver that went out to help out the disabled lady, who once he got there, he saw her Sander's bumper sticker and told her that he was a christian and just didn't feel it was a christian thing to do to give her a tow back to north carolina?
Here I'll help you out....

www.foxcarolina.com...

I guess there's a propane dealer in Maine that is just as big of a jerk as the tow truck driver was...

edit on 17-12-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

You are correct, if this were a anti-HRC clown doing this there would be a rent a mob propane for all rights rally on his front lawn.
edit on 17-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

PM'd you.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

remember the tow truck driver that went out to help out the disabled lady, who once he got there, he saw her Sander's bumper sticker and told her that he was a christian and just didn't feel it was a christian thing to do to give her a tow back to north carolina?
Here I'll help you out....

www.foxcarolina.com...

I guess there's a propane dealer in Maine that is just as big of a jerk as the tow truck driver was...

Not even the same thing, this guy absolutely broke his state laws, so now it will be up to the state to decide his fate. And if the customers have any losses I would wager the insurance company lawyers will fillet him like a cod.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Are you implying the tow truck driver was a Trump guy?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Which part did you get that fro the first or second part?

I read both and the legal ramifications of either mainly the first which is the strongest would wind up in him losing his license. BTW discrimination in the first part deals with protected classes and is tricky where it may not be applicable.

Most of the UFTP already have civil penalties in the clauses for breaches and are very strict. Suing above and beyond what is already covered wouldn't happen and those penalties are to paid not to the consumer but to the state. All the clauses except for in house fires to the dealer that do not exclude what can be sued for involve proven damages which further goes to the complainant doing what's within their power to mitigate those damages. (such as calling the propane dealer a few miles away). In most cases it would be limited to such things as recovering the additional delivery cost.

There are always the one instance that breaks the rule, but apart from that the guy only faces retribution from the state. The people that think they can get rich of of some civil suit on this are dreaming.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

There are always the one instance that breaks the rule, but apart from that the guy only faces retribution from the state. The people that think they can get rich of of some civil suit on this are dreaming.

Here's the issue in the USA. Lot's of lawyers, and almost anyone can file a lawsuit, so if he gets sued he'll have to defend himself with each separate suit.

A retainer for an attorney or attorneys typically 15k plus, in these situations, then come the hours they log at $250 per hour. Cases like this can go on for years.

This guy just ended his business with this stupid stunt, so the best that could happen is he loses his state license and no one sues his dumb ass. lol

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Are you still standing by your assertion that if the guy didn't fill a tank because of a pro Trump customers (a fact he was silly enough to leave on his answering machine) political stance, and for what ever reason someone died as a direct result that the owner isn't legally accountable? More than likely for manslaughter? Wrong, he would be held in criminal court and will have to answer to a jury for not filling a tank for a bumper sticker that directly lead to a death. Not a position that I would want to be in.

Again if you drop a tree on a neighbors house and kill them, guess what. You may very well end up in criminal court for manslaughter. And guess what, there is no don't drop a tree on your neighbors house law.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

1st part Subsection 19.4

ETA-

If they are violated without good reason, both the Attorney General and the injured consumer can bring legal actions.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

No, he wouldn't be responsible for the death. Especially not there with 4 or more propane businesses in the area.

Did you miss all the legal stuff about "personal responsibility"? Just because joe isn't selling and the didn't call Jim across the street for gas and they die don't expect to have murder charges filled.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sostratus

1st part Subsection 19.4

ETA-

If they are violated without good reason, both the Attorney General and the injured consumer can bring legal actions.

Yes, I read that and all the rest. I even looked up the extended versions of the code and I already said what I saw.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
he was a trump supporter....yes...

and, is there any evidence that the propane dealer actually refused anyone, or was it just a stupid message on his answering machine, because the tow truck driver refused someone service! and, as far as I am concerned, leaving someone stranded on the side of a busy highway after you agreed to provide the service could prove to be just as dangerous as refusing to fill a danged propane tank...

but, I see some of the conservatives will be outraged by the acts of the propane dealer while trying to justify the acts of the tow truck driver, just as I thought they would...
to me, both of these incidents are signs that our society is breaking down and fracturing leaving us all with a "We just can't live with them" attitude...
and, they are both equally dispicable acts that should be illegal if they aren't!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Seems like posting this constitutes promoting harassment of a private individual. If you Google the company name, the guy is receiving not at veiled death threats like this one:

Danny Schneck in the last week There is a type of ammunition called APIT. Armor Piercing Incendiary Tracer. If a round of this hits a propane container, it not only pierces the container, but ignites it. Wouldn't it be awful if an individual were to take a heavy caliber rifle, say, .50BMG, AND fire such a round into a large propane storage container? I wonder how much of a crater it would leave? The person firing the rifle could very accurately fire such a round at a very safe distant of several hundred yards.

We've got a poster on the first page talking about oiling firearms with "liberal tears" whatever the f that's supposed to mean. It's simple, if people feel that he's discriminating, take him to court. Hell, boycott the business.

Death threats? GTFO.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I think it depends on the situation, if a consumer is on a 'stay-full' program and the dealer decides to quit service without any notice to the consumer and that resulted in a death it's possible.

Either way, his license is gone & he's getting sued for everything he owns.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yeah it is a threat that carries legal ramifications, but aside from that, the guy is an idiot.

Shoot a propane tank with tracers or incendiaries all they want it isn't going to blow up. You can even detonate one with C4 you still will not get much more of a reaction than you would with a compressed air tank.
edit on 17-12-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Where did yo get the info that he was a Trump supporter?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Liscense is gone I agree, but sued... for what.

If you read all that stuff they can only sue for damages and most of that is there for improper installation, ignitions, fires and such. Frivolous lawsuits for pain and suffering due to changing companies isn't going to cut it. If he discriminated based on a protected class such as colour creed etc that would be a whole different ballgame.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join