It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine propane dealer won’t deliver to Trump voters–Leaving 60% of customers out in the cold

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You are wrong, If he was to have a jury trial, he would loose. Period.

If someone files suit, the judge will most certainly take this into account.

And if the police are called and he says he won't fill a tank because of a Trump bumper sticker, I would imagine he would be filling the tank.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Ok what are the supposed charges?

What law is he breaking? You can name the law right? You are the one talking about a jury trial which only happens in a criminal case.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dbarnhart

If and that is a big if, there is another supplier.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Let's say an elderly person has no heat, gets pneumonia and dies. Bingo jury trial. He would loose.

Or no heat, burst pipes. This would be a judge trial. And he would loose.

What law is he breaking? You can name the law right? You are the one talking about a jury trial which only happens in a criminal case.

link   

This anti-Trump propane dealer is probably pro-Global Warming. He'd better start downsizing to only sell barbecue grill tanks, if he truly believes that winters in Maine will be a thing of the past soon.

link   

Please.

Just vote for Hillary. Freedom isn't worth dying for.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Proof that the number of brain washed dickheads in this world is rising exponentially ..............................

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Let's say an elderly person has no heat, gets pneumonia and dies. Bingo jury trial. He would loose.

Or no heat, burst pipes. This would be a judge trial. And he would loose.

To prosecute there has to be a law that allows it.

Name the law he broke if you can't then your full of it.

He can even close the store and not serve anyone and there is nothing he can be charged with.
edit on 17-12-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Have you ever been involved in a suit? I served papers to people when I was young and very dumb. The things people get sued over is never ending.

If the heat goes off in an elderly person's house, and they die of pneumonia it would be manslaughter.

If the pipes burst because you are on a 2 week waiting list, there would be a civil suit to recover $ from damages.

If isn't simple, but it is easy.
edit on 17-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I see that there's a thread where Trump says that his supporters are violent? If true, How big of a fireball would it be when this evil propane tank dealer is ignited?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. What an absurd little man.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Have you ever been involved in a suit? I served papers to people when I was young and very dumb. The things people get sued over is never ending. A law suite?
That is a civil matter not a criminal matter. Anyone can sue for anything ones without legal basis get thrown out.

As I said before jury trials are for criminal matters. You seem to have mixed those up in your posts.

If the heat goes off in an elderly person's house, it would be manslaughter.

Nope. If that was true then every time there has been a power outage where someone died then the power companies would have been criminally charged. People can't even file civil suits against those companies.

If the pipes burst because you are on a 2 week waiting list, there would be a civil suit to recover $ from damages.

Sure someone can file a civil suit, but as I said before there has to be a legal basis for it to go forward. Why not sue the pipe manufacturer? They can, but it would be thrown out as well.

Courts rule off of law not morals or feelings. You haven't shown the law that could hold him responsible in any way.

edit on 17-12-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

He may have a law suit on his hands. This is the type shenanigans that get people injured, and damage property. Lawyers love, love, love this type of foolishness $$$$.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

So, according to you, a person can basically murder someone and get away with it based on ideology.

And would be legally justified by doing so.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The only thing the state can possibly due to him if the law allows is take away his business license with a fine. I am not sure they can even do that because "Trump supporter" isn't a protected class.

Other than that there is no legal basis that can go after him.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So, according to you, a person can basically murder someone and get away with it based on ideology.

And would be legally justified by doing so.

Please explain how it is murder to not sell to customers?

The law that can back up your claim please.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Has anyone seen his google results page that lists his business address and contact info? Click on the website link for some fun. Some of the reviews and/or comments are worth a read...BUT it appears that some of this is getting a little nuts. Check out the image for a glimpse of the kinds of "reviews" he is getting. Ouch!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

People who would freeze to death because he refused to sell to them.

It's ridiculous to even spell it out for you.

Why not just support killing everyone who doesn't think like you.

It's what I'd expect from the fascists.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Is it just me or are liberals turning conservative and conservatives turning liberal in this thread?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Have you ever been involved in a suit? I served papers to people when I was young and very dumb. The things people get sued over is never ending. A law suite?
That is a civil matter not a criminal matter. Anyone can sue for anything ones without legal basis get thrown out.

As I said before jury trials are for criminal matters. You seem to have mixed those up in your posts.

If the heat goes off in an elderly person's house, it would be manslaughter.

Nope. If that was true then every time there has been a power outage where someone died then the power companies would have been criminally charged. People can't even file civil suits against those companies.

Sure someone can file a civil suit, but as I said before there has to be a legal basis for it to go forward. Why not sue the pipe manufacturer? They can, but it would be thrown out as well.

Courts rule off of law not morals or feelings. You haven't shown the law that could hold him responsible in any way.

I think you are missing the point.

You would not file a civil suit against a power company because of an outage.

You WOULD file a civil suit against them if they shut your power off because of who you voted for.

You are not going to file a civil suit against the manufacturers of the pipes that burst in your home if they froze because you were denied a service because of how you voted.

You WOULD file a civil suit for damages against the service company for damages caused because they denied you services because of how you voted.

As for wrongful death, that would start not as a civil case at all.

Please keep posting though.

I really like the ~I'm all for helping old people. Except old people that don't think like I do... F$#^% them and hope they die. Because I'm a member of the party of tolerance!~

I used to fight you progressive types online. I stopped a few years into Obama's presidency because I realized that all I really had to do was make sure as many people heard you as possible.

It's been working out so far and my blood pressure is normal now.

Keep up the good work!!!!
edit on 21Sat, 17 Dec 2016 21:07:32 -0600America/Chicago16th2016-12-17T21:07:32-06:00pmSaturdayAmerica/Chicago by GreyScale because: typo.. can't give the grammar nazis a chance!

edit on 21Sat, 17 Dec 2016 21:09:57 -0600America/Chicago16th2016-12-17T21:09:57-06:00pmSaturdayAmerica/Chicago by GreyScale because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join