It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine propane dealer won’t deliver to Trump voters–Leaving 60% of customers out in the cold

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I never said you can't get gas outside the tank to ignite, but that isn't an explosion.

You need a proper oxygen fuel mixture for a huge explosion. The reason you can shoot little Coleman canisters and get flame explosions is because the tank completely rips apart allowing the gases to expand and mix with the air where it can ignite.

Shoot one of those big tanks with an incendiary you will get the same result as if you shot it with a normal bullet. Even if you ignite the escaping gas that is a fire not an explosion.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal Good for him!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Time to competition to come in...he'll feel the lack of love when his business dries up and goes elsewhere...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

An explosion is a rapid expansion.
This would happen when the fuel out side of the tank flashes off.
Seems like you want a Magnum P.I. 1980's explosion. This could happen, but more than likely you will get a huge explosion when the gas that is allowed to blow out of the tank. Of course the longer the gas is allowed to purge from the tank, the larger the explosion.
edit on 18-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

He can also just close whenever he wants. No one will take it to court. And the dealer has a right to close anytime. (Like some party stores and gas stations do to go on break while working alone).

Im just saying they can "conveniently" close for a minute...or say sorry "we're all out"...pretty much anything. And Im betting no one will get an attorney, give a deposition, go to court...over the option of just going somewhere else.*

*You are right of course on the law(s). They are pretty clear...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Of course he can close, although I wonder if he was the only supplier if there would be some regs he would have to be sure to abide by. Of course he wasn't the only supplier, just a odd duck who is over invested in the political stuff.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Realtruth

Main is no place to be with out heat, he could be looking a prison time the first time an elderly person dies because his little feelings are hurt.

Prison time? He's a propane dealer not a public utility. There are lots of propane dealers.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

ya know what you won't find in that other thread...
people discussing a way to blow that tow truck driver up!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This why stupid people should not run a business.....

Only retarted people limit their customer base over politics or should I say a personal stance.....

I say give the man the " gone full retard " award
edit on 18-12-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

You are wrong, If he was to have a jury trial, he would loose. Period.

If someone files suit, the judge will most certainly take this into account.

And if the police are called and he says he won't fill a tank because of a Trump bumper sticker, I would imagine he would be filling the tank.

Can you cite statutes to support that idea. The police forcing him to fill a tank also? He is not a public utility which would force certain responsibilities.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

He Deserves to Have his House Burnt Down then , it's Only Fair .

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
Police have lot's of leeway on the side of a road or during a dispute. They make common sense calls all day. I wouldn't be surprised if someone is up to date paying, has a empty tank, and is a customer in good standing, they would have their tank full. The police are there to protect people, and this would be considered that.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

No, he doesn't deserve to have his house burned down. Let's think a little before we go there, it won't get the desired result.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Ok , your Right , But how about just a Little Fire , say in a Brown Bag full of Dog Crap on his Porch ? There Must be Consequences to such a Unfair Act , No ?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus

To be fair the story doesn't tell us that he is liberal. A liberal would never do this, they are all inclusive and are accepting of all things.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Oh I think he will be reconsidering his fascist take on who he services. I wouldn't be surprised if h gets some visits from local city attorneys. We will see.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

The police do try to work out a solution to problems. But if there is no law then they can't force an issue.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Have you ever dealt with the police. They are the law, and can make things easy or hard, especially if someone is being totally unreasonable. I personally know 2 police officers that would strongly encourage the filling of the tank. Again if the customer is in good standing, they are out of gas, and the service guy is an ass.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

that would strongly encourage the filling of the tank

I agree they try and should.

But if the law doesn't allow it then they can't make the man.

edit;

The police are not the law, but enforcers.
edit on 12/18/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Right.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join