It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine propane dealer won’t deliver to Trump voters–Leaving 60% of customers out in the cold

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that this guy is such a anti-Trump person that he is willing to screw his customers. People depend on gas for heat and setting a tank in winter is difficult and is a pain in the but. What a inconsiderate thing to do.

No gas for you! A propane dealer is refusing to deliver gas to anyone who voted Trump.

An owner of a propane dealership in Maine is refusing to deliver gas to anyone who voted for President-elect Donald Trump.

Michael Turner, owner of Turner LP Gas in Skowhegan, Maine, recorded a voice mail greeting that leaves little question as to his feelings for those in his community who supported Trump.

He left a message on his answering machine that states that if you voted Trump, he won't deliver gas any longer to you, please find someone else.

“Thank you for calling Turner LP gas. If you voted for Donald Trump for president I will no longer be delivering your gas — please find someone else,” the message states.

You almost have to admire the courage of Turner’s conviction. According to Edmund Kozak of PoliZette, Turner operates in a county that that overwhelmingly supported Trump. The president-elect won Somerset County, Maine by 58-35.
libertyunyielding.com...

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
I find it hard to believe that this guy is such a anti-Trump person that he is willing to screw his customers. People depend on gas for heat and setting a tank in winter is difficult and is a pain in the but. What a inconsiderate thing to do.

No gas for you! A propane dealer is refusing to deliver gas to anyone who voted Trump.

An owner of a propane dealership in Maine is refusing to deliver gas to anyone who voted for President-elect Donald Trump.

Michael Turner, owner of Turner LP Gas in Skowhegan, Maine, recorded a voice mail greeting that leaves little question as to his feelings for those in his community who supported Trump.

He left a message on his answering machine that states that if you voted Trump, he won't deliver gas any longer to you, please find someone else.

“Thank you for calling Turner LP gas. If you voted for Donald Trump for president I will no longer be delivering your gas — please find someone else,” the message states.

You almost have to admire the courage of Turner’s conviction. According to Edmund Kozak of PoliZette, Turner operates in a county that that overwhelmingly supported Trump. The president-elect won Somerset County, Maine by 58-35.
libertyunyielding.com...

Looks like he'll be out of business soon..

+70 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Well, if he was a Christian not wanting to deliver to gays he would be forced to sell to them, but since he is a liberal punishing evil Trump supporting families it will be just fine.

edit on 2016/12/17 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
What a crazy nut this guy must be.

I bet he voted for Hillary !!

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

He's not to bright from a legal standpoint, if he causes his customer any harm in cold weather, or their properties, then he'll have a flood of lawsuits coming his way.

It's fine to tell a customer, you won't deliver anymore because they haven't paid, but punishing people, in the dead of winter, because they exercised their constitutional rights, won't fair well in front of a judge, and jury.

edit on 17-12-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Simple.

Just order without yammering on about who you voted for.

I get the feeling he just doesn't want to put up with people yaking on about it. In other words he's telling them to shut up if they want him to deliver.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

To be fair the story doesn't tell us that he is liberal. A liberal would never do this, they are all inclusive and are accepting of all things.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Well, I dunno how he knows who voted for who but they could just lie and say they voted for Snoopy and call it a day.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Doesnt seem like he cares about his business. Bet there are multiple suppliers in that location. Always are . Either clinically stupid or vain threats.Or both. I say the latter.

edit on 12/17/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Main is no place to be with out heat, he could be looking a prison time the first time an elderly person dies because his little feelings are hurt.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

True, but if a supplier was doing this to our supreme lady Hillary fair saint of the faint, would you be so understanding?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Hell that isnt sh*t......I have folks unfriend me on Facebook!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Wouldn't denying gas to "Trump supporters" be a hate crime. I think every Trump supporter in the area that was affected should file a civil suit against him for a hate crime and criminal charges if allowed.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

You know what is even more bizarre? I have a photo up on social media of myself wearing a Trump shirt and because of that a relative's friend unfriended them. Not even my friend. Not even someone I speak with. Jesus Christ.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Facebook is very unimportant.
Wait til the guy won't fill your tank because he saw a Trump sign in your yard.

Then have the new supplier tell you it is going to be 2 weeks til he can set a tank.

Oh your 80 years old. Guess what your screwed and maybe dead.

This is no joke.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

So while it may not be good public relations, Turner’s move is legal. He said he’s not fearful for his business because he’s retiring soon, and he’s mulling becoming more politically active.

The real story.

Both sides have a lot of nuts and haters among their ranks. For every Left Wing Nut, I'm sure there exist a Right Wing Nut.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Lefty loosey, righty tighty. Leftists are so open minded their brains fall out, and conservatives hold on to tradition(tightly).

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Huh? Just for the record, I don't like Hillary and never voted for her.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

A hate crime? Ummm, no.

Hell, it's not even a crime since anyone can just go to another oil company for business.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I am sure his business will suffer and he deserves it. I would never leave a family in the cold.
His customer service is worse than Comcast.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join