It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fair Elections????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
See the following:

referenced in this article:

www.alternet.org...

documenting the difficultly in having a hand count of ballots done in order to verify election results. This 'event' took place over a county clerk refusing to hand count a small (approx 300) precinct when during the 'electronic' recount observers noted that the talley differed in large part from their observations to a considerable degree saying she would not do a hand count for any discrepancy.

It is truly disgusting - we have to go back to paper ballots only - and have them hand counted.

Other 'reforms' need in our voting system, include:

A complete media blackout on results until all the polls in all states and territories are closed.
Reinstate the Voting Rights Act.
Automatic recounts, by hand, for any close race.

and many others I'm sure you can think of.

Or - or just give the job who will pay outright the most for the job and the money paid goes directly to social programs.

This last election was a freeking joke.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

It was really bad in Detroit where they had three times the votes compared to actual voters. It is amazing that Trump was able to win considering all the cheating by the Left.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I wonder how they can use a "clicker" counter when there's more than one candidate?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
How can they just pull random ballots and get rid of them???

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I wonder how they can use a "clicker" counter when there's more than one candidate?

As always ... pay attention to contents ... they had THREE clicker counters.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
How can they just pull random ballots and get rid of them???

An excellent question. I've never heard of that 'policy'.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

edit on 17-12-2016 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: xuenchen

As always ... pay attention to contents ... they had THREE clicker counters.

Well that makes it even more confusing.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
What is confusing?
They had three observers who could plainly see the ballots going into the scanner. One person clicked when the ballot was marked for Clinton, one clicked when it was marked for Trump and the third clicked for "undervotes." Did you not even watch the video?
It is pretty plain that some serious issues were going on in that room. The voters need to have a serious talk with that gestapo lady who refused to hand count the votes----300 ballots and she can't be bothered to try to get it right? I wish the story had given her name so folks could contact her....she is in need of some serious education on the subject of being a public servant. I'd bet dollars to donuts that she's a Democrat.

That business of just randomly throwing out ballots should be legally actionable....but I don't know the election laws there. Stein has at least done some good with this craziness---in exposing the attitudes of the "counters" and the sloppiness of the process. Perhaps the voters will get the attention of some legislators and get some laws tightened up so that "recount" actually means that humans confirm the machine totals.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

regardless of anyones stance on this most recent debacle, the fact remains that our voting system has been losing confidence for 16 years. Every time I go to my local bank drive thru, i am reminded of the hanging chad mendacity when I see the name "Diebold" stamped on the tube system.

If Americans are not confident in accuracy of vote counts, then we have no representation. Its just that simple.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'd like to add this, I've just run across:

It is rather partisan in tone but is still un-conscionable:

Michigan officials declared in late November that Trump won the state's count by 10,704 votes. But hold on -- a record 75,355 ballots were not counted.

Say what.....

Sleuthing about in Detroit, I found another explanation: bubbles.

Bubbles?

Michigan votes on paper ballots. If you don't fill the bubble completely, the machine records that you didn't vote for president.

Wouldn't happen if people counted the vote.

There is, however, an extraordinary machine that can read the ballots, whether the bubbles are filled or checked, whether in black ink or red, to determine the voters' intent: the human eye.

That's why Dr. Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate, paid millions of dollars for a human eyeball count of the uncounted votes. While labeled a "recount," its real purpose is to count the 75,355 votes never counted in the first place.

all of the above quotes from : www.truth-out.org...

I've a close friend that worked on:

MURDER, SPIES & VOTING LIES

Computer programmer Clint Curtis tells about being asked to make vote-rigging software by present congressman Tom Feeney(R-FL).

While Clint Curtis put his charges into a sworn affidavit, sworn testimony to a congressional committee, and also passed a lie detector, the media has given his story scant attention.

This 37-minute pre-release of a feature that is still in progress, is set in Nashville, Tennessee. A national conference, called "Gathering to Save Our Democracy", was held six months after the 2004 presidential election.

Passionate speeches serve as the backdrop for the more intimate interviews, where investigator Brad Friedman (bradblog.com) gets the story fleshed out from Clint Curtis.
WARNING-Includes graphic police photos, meant for mature audiences.

www.earthworksfilms.com...

CAN WE AGREE THAT, if nothing else, WE NEED TRANSPARENT and FAIR ELECTIONS? or do we just let the CORPORATIONS run the show as many science fiction authors envision.

... is telling me that this is becoming more and more prevalent and showing up in primary elections as well. Brad Friedman, as referenced above, has been on this subject consistently for over a decade.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Elections are a farce and the game being played right now with Trump is the same game that has successfully been played for decades.
Just how many times did Californians need to "vote" that marriage is the union of a man and a woman? What good was all that time and effort and the years of hurt feelings on both sides..... just to tell the votes stick it up your but.
Yet everytime they are able to manipulate people to vote how they want..... they call it democracy in action.
Once the Fed found a way to withhold funds if a state didnt tow the line..... voting and voters lost their teeth

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Nearly 2.1 million of the close to 4.8 million ballots cast in Michigan in the Nov. 8 presidential election were counted a second time before the recount was halted, with Democrat Hillary Clinton gaining 102 votes and Stein gaining 64 votes, according to data released by the Michigan Secretary of State's Office.

www.freep.com...

Oh and heavy Dem areas had voting machines break where one vote ended up counting as multiple votes for Clinton.
edit on 18-12-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join