It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A computer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well the other day, i got into trouble, in a way, i was told;" I all to easily fall into bad habits. If you are looking for answer, just ask, the door is always open. When you venture about on your own, you are a destructive force.. "

What happens to a robot if you program it with the alghorithm of love and fear, when all the basic programming is finished, will it mailfunction?
Its a Robot, no human can even come close to the data input, but with massive amount of data, isnt the failswitch to not let a machine learn or program it with emotions?

Can you teach a Robot to love? Or are you teaching it the concept of what love is so it can relate to act accordingly? A pre- program. If you start to put in information into it, will it not just compute it in a logical way?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Considering people have been discussing the nature of love for ... ever. I dont think one guy, a team of people or a massive collaborative effort could ever cover what love is - because it means something slightly different to different people.

Heck love is fundamentally different between siblings, parents and offspring and romantic/sexual partners. Love unfortunately is a word given to many types of relationships.

I love cheese on toast. i love my mom and i love my dog - but i wouldnt have sex with any of them, only my girlfriend whom i love. Teaching that to a computer might not be impossible but its highly subjective and a minefield.

edit on b1010645 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Can you define what love actually is? rather brutal but very much to the point.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

edit on 17-12-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Love is a state of mind. If it wasn't we wouldn't be able to fall in and out of it and it wouldn't be susceptible to change.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The Greek had four words for love. Eros philia agape and storage.

Eros is romantic love
Philia is brotherly love
Agape is altruistic love
Storage is parental love

It comes to language barriers. In the world of forms there are these things we cannot atchive but can fathom. Kind of like a learning process. Can a computer program learn? Yes. Can a computer program know what it is like to be human? No more than a human can know what it is like to be a bat.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
No, we dont want robots who love, we want robots who kill them all.

top topics

join