It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should NASA always tell the public the complete truth?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Everything we pay to NASA, the Government, etc. is ONLY paid to get the truth. Their actions and expenses in the process are just that...a process. We paid to get the truth. Why pay for any research if the result is hidden?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Generally people tend to think what NASA knows the rest of the world does not. This is a mistake, superpowers like Russia and China know everything that is going on. Amongst the leaders of these super powers, they know everything together in their little circle of truths.

They deem that normal people like you and I do not deserve or have the right to know the truths of the world and our universe, so basically treat us all like children. Should we be told the truths yes, we most certainly should. Will we ever, no. There is to much power with information hence the reason the Internet is so widely attacked for its openness.

I would hope there is a secret group of hackers in the world that are draining secrets files on all hidden truths and will release them in our future. The scary part of knowing the truth I guess for some is that it may not be as magical as we imagine. There is obviously life elsewhere, this is without question. As if there was no life, we would not exist either in our complex manner. Thus, other life may certainly pose a threat and may already be a threat. Not because they are aggressive but that humans are.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This is in reply to all those who say the government should not keep secrets:

There are good reasons to keep secrets. You may have missed my post in this thread about WWII. I think schuyler has a couple excellent post in this thread, explaining better than I can why you have no right for NASA to tell you everything they know. Don't get me wrong, I would love to know what secrets NASA is keeping, but I do understand for national security some secrets do need to be kept.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Secrets are never good. Except in the rare case that we need to defeat some kind of evil force like a criminal or Nazi germany etc.

Keep in mind that probably 80% of all the secrets the government keeps from us are for no good reason. Example. The missing tapes from the pentagon attack on 9/11. Or the Classified documents still top secret from Roswell. It's in keeping these secrets that conspiracy theories arise.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
ATTENTION PLEASE -

Either stick to the topic or move on to another topic you are interested in. Final Warning.

Do not reply to this message.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

Generally people tend to think what NASA knows the rest of the world does not. This is a mistake, superpowers like Russia and China know everything that is going on. Amongst the leaders of these super powers, they know everything together in their little circle of truths.

They deem that normal people like you and I do not deserve or have the right to know the truths of the world and our universe, so basically treat us all like children. Should we be told the truths yes, we most certainly should. Will we ever, no. There is to much power with information hence the reason the Internet is so widely attacked for its openness.

I would hope there is a secret group of hackers in the world that are draining secrets files on all hidden truths and will release them in our future. The scary part of knowing the truth I guess for some is that it may not be as magical as we imagine. There is obviously life elsewhere, this is without question. As if there was no life, we would not exist either in our complex manner. Thus, other life may certainly pose a threat and may already be a threat. Not because they are aggressive but that humans are.

If the lies really are that big and abundant I hope that hacker group exists too.

One thing I truly believe is that the truth always comes out. We see this more and more every day.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

This is a good question. Yes, NASA should be transparent, but then again, how can they when they've lied so much to the American public? Excuse me, but minus the hard evidence, I suspect that we have secret bases on both the moon and Mars. I suspect that we have advanced spacecraft, like the TR-3B. I suspect that we have "Star Wars" type weapons, and that there's a small, elite group of controllers, who are keeping us in the dark...the "dark government," of course. Just remember, Wernher von Braun and the rest of the Nazi scientists were way ahead of what the public knows about. NASA is the proverbial iceberg.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I don't think it matters what minerals are on Mars. The cost of getting there and back would be so high that it would not be cost-effective to mine any substance on Mars or even our own Moon.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Restricted

Is space a matter of national security?

Damn skippy.

In what way?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

The concerned aspect of truth being revealed is that there is one of two sides of the coin that can be seen. Those things we hear about that seemed to have slipped through likes leaks of hacks or disclosures from various individuals the question should be asked, why have they been allowed to talk about it publicly? It is not that they are allowed or somehow broke the system without them catching them because the powers that be have eyes and ears everywhere. If they wanted someone caught, you would be caught. Disinformation is a big part of their scam, whether that information is true or not because even truths sometimes are their to fuel the false fire. The world in which most of us see around us is a propped up lie generated by money, power and greed. It has been this way since we fought by sword and shield. Only now its a fight over our minds.

I would hope that such a group exists to friend.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Should NASA always tell the public the complete truth?

Nope, only if they lie about everything and don't give us the real information like " UFO'S, Martian ruins ,Space forces etc "

They are really straight in giving the right answers so I don't suspect we have worry about that..

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Damn skippy.

In what way?

The military's use of space is absolutely a matter of national security. In general, if you're read onto a TS project or receive SAP or USAP access, you will be read (unless it's waived) the applicable law, and one of them involves death penalties for blowing space related material. Either disposition or technical details. Said death penalty deliverable optionally without jury trial, by the way.

NASA, at times, conveys military projects to orbit and occasionally operates them. It sort of depends on what's available. When the shuttle was operating, it was not that unusual. I don't know about the ISS.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
People are sick of secrets and pathological lying on the part of the government. Why do you think Trump was elected?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Damn skippy.

In what way?

The military's use of space is absolutely a matter of national security. In general, if you're read onto a TS project or receive SAP or USAP access, you will be read (unless it's waived) the applicable law, and one of them involves death penalties for blowing space related material. Either disposition or technical details. Said death penalty deliverable optionally without jury trial, by the way.

NASA, at times, conveys military projects to orbit and occasionally operates them. It sort of depends on what's available. When the shuttle was operating, it was not that unusual. I don't know about the ISS.

I know you're a spook and you've got that typical spook attitude that the United States owns every f***ing thing in the universe and beyond.

I love my country, but it's run by a bunch of sick and supremely arrogant bastards.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I know you're a spook and you've got that typical spook attitude that the United States owns every f***ing thing in the universe and beyond.

We do.

I love my country, but it's run by a bunch of sick and supremely arrogant bastards.

Got me there.

Seriously, though, every country's space program is primarily military with civilian frosting. The really good part is, a lot of the good stuff gets stolen from the other guy and passed on to YOU!

For example, the computer you're using. Large scale integrated circuits are the directly traceable outcome of the US realizing that we needed something a lot better than the then-current ballistic missile guidance systems. I've got a couple of old D17B modules. They were the height of design at the time. A friggin' nightmare. Also got a few modules from SAGE in a case. Also awful. Tube based.

NASA and the Minuteman II project built Silicon Valley and launched IC design.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You aren't at all funny.

You and your colleagues are one of the many reasons the rest of the world hates us. The shenanigans of our government representatives have stolen the moral high ground from this country.

I doubt we will ever be respected again in the world community.

I'm not a commie, but I recognize the Frankenstein monster that is now the United States.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

You and your colleagues are one of the many reasons the rest of the world hates us. The shenanigans of our government representatives have stolen the moral high ground from this country.

Oh, you're thinking about the Agency. Got nothing to do with them.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
This is in reply to all those who say the government should not keep secrets:

There are good reasons to keep secrets. You may have missed my post in this thread about WWII. I think schuyler has a couple excellent post in this thread, explaining better than I can why you have no right for NASA to tell you everything they know. Don't get me wrong, I would love to know what secrets NASA is keeping, but I do understand for national security some secrets do need to be kept.

What could NASA know that would be a problem to national security? If there is something going on ns space, would it not be a global or Earthly issue?

I think it would be even more important that the entire world be made aware of anomalies outside of our planetary borders. If it is something that is outside of our planetary control, would it not make us sitting ducks to keep us in the dark?

NASA does not own space. They may wish to control it, as our government wishes to control everything and everybody, us included. But do they have the right to withhold planetary or universal information from the people on Earth?

I say no, but no one listens to me, so I am just whispering in the wind.
edit on 20-12-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edit.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join