It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should NASA always tell the public the complete truth?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FlatBastard

Well you've certainly convinced me.

I guess there's no point to continue talking about it now.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Ok, so first tell me how either proves the curvature.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

You should go convince yourself.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

You say we're at a point where we can do our own science , this is true.

Why is it a physical impossibility?

Because an object with the mass of the Earth will only form as a sphere in space.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
*Walks into the thread, checks last 2 pages* Oh, Nibiru with the guy who takes photos of clouds...oh look Flat Earth... *Runs right back out at max speed*

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That is so awesome, I have been dreaming of doing exactly that one of these days. Over my own town of course. Then print some huge images on vinyl with a sign sized printer. Would be a lot of fun.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Wow, lol. This is a Go Pro camera with a fish eye lense. If that is showing the curvature of the Earth then Colorado makes up half of it. Ffs.

I could post loads of high altitude footage with normal lenses showing nothing but flat.

Because an object with the mass of the Earth will only form as a sphere in space.

You mean the mass and the shape and the space they told you about? And teh gravity?

edit on 12/18/2016 by FlatBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
Should NASA always tell the public the complete truth?

LMAO.

And who exactly decides whether NASA is telling the complete truth or not?

You? A?

The discussion is: if even bunch of "conspiracy theorists on the Internet" think NASA should keep some secrets. Not if and about what NASA is telling the truth. May I ask what you are doing here hanging out with a bunch of conspiracy theorists on the Internet?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Wow, lol. This is a Go Pro camera with a fish eye lense.

Attention: all who think that Earth is flat should work to increase knowledge, what still is nowadays available 365/7/24. The videos (and others we produced) were made with GoPro cameras, what are the state of the art action cams. These cameras using ultra wide lenses with 170 degrees, exactly those cameras are known for. It's actually called a barrel distortion.

You shouldn't really Lol at others when your advocating flat Earth theory , the existence of the tooth fairy is more likely than the reality of flat Earth theory.
Enjoy your fantasy.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

You mean the mass and the shape and the space they told you about? And teh gravity?

"they" to some are the educational facilities where people go to learn and become professionals.

"they" to others is Joe Blow (who most likely got an education on how to edit and compose videos that could easily fool those that lack certain critical thinking skills) with a youtube channel pushing ....... flat earth........Nibiru........chemtrails etc etc.

I take it your "they" is my second explanation of "they".

I mean you have shown nothing, demonstrate no science or any observations that we all can do in this day and age as you put in not so many words.

I know I will get some great entertainment reading your posts,

Thanks for joining or rejoining ATS

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

So what is your point?

It's actually called a barrel distortion.

You posted it yourself, this barrel distortion causes a curved look.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I know I will get some great entertainment reading your posts,

Careful, might get your paradigm shattered. You wouldn't be the first, and certainly not the last. Mark my words, baller.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: LookingAtMars

MRO is not ESA's orbiter it is NASA's.

Of course you are correct , I blame Christmas alcohol for my slip although the recently arrived Trace Gas Orbiter is an ESA project that used a Russian Proton rocket to get it there without NASA's help.

Christmas alcohol is always an acceptable excuse
You can get there and even get into orbit if you are lucky without NASA. Its getting onto the surface that is the tricky part that only NASA seems to have the know how to do.

I am going to keep an eye out for the Trace Gas results, it was ESA that broke the methane story with MEX. It will be a while though to get that data. NASA shares it data with the public a lot quicker than ESA does.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If you're thinking Mars is surface habitable with a breathable atmosphere, rivers and the like, you can easily dispel that with a good telescope on a clear night. You don't need NASA's input. You do, however, have to understand what you're looking for, and at.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlatBastard

It's either much bigger, explaining the demonstrable lack of curvature, or it's a flat plane.

I have seen the Earth from 50.000 feet up. I can tell you first hand that the Earth has a curvature and is not a flat plane. There are other threads on this site to discuss that though.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I mean you have shown nothing, demonstrate no science or any observations that we all can do in this day and age as you put in not so many words.

Have patience, I am just establishing my presence here, I will take you all by the hand and set you free step by painstaking step.

Btw I was going to apply these observations to the pics that were just posted, but first I need to know what that poster thinks they prove exactly.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Pics or it didn't happen. Funny how one group of ballers claim that planes don't go high enough to see the curvature, and then you have ballers claiming to have seen it with their own eyes.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Careful, might get your paradigm shattered.

How so?

Are you implying you know what my paradigm is and consists of?

Its possible you do know, I have eluded to what it is in one of my many posts, however if you did you wouldnt think it would get shattered by a flat earth.

I doubt there will be anything mind-blowing that you could enlighten me with,

However from what you have contributed so far I certainly do think you can provide much entertainment like may before you have, like you say

You wouldn't be the first, and certainly not the last.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

So you do see it as a possibility, good for you!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
If you're thinking Mars is surface habitable with a breathable atmosphere, rivers and the like, you can easily dispel that with a good telescope on a clear night. You don't need NASA's input. You do, however, have to understand what you're looking for, and at.

Mars may have a thicker atmosphere than what is claimed or it may not, but there is not much oxygen in it. More habitable is a thicker atmosphere especially at lower elevation allowing liquid water to exist and not just sublime away.

I am sure there are no rivers on the surface but more and more water is being found under, in and on the surface of Mars. There could be rivers, lakes and even seas under the surface of Mars.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join