It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Blasts Trump over Misspelling in Tweet about China

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AlbanArthur

Awesome, please show me where I said anything about your spelling.

How nice of you to call me a hypocrite because someone else did something.

Since spelling is not a good yardstick for intelligence, thank you for showing us all how to actually spot foolishness.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Someone gave him stars.

But, I'm sure that wasn't you.....right?

Furthermore, if I wanted to call YOU a hypocrite, I would say "OccamsRazor04 is a hypocrite". Not just a general "hypocrites".

Care to talk about looking foolish still?
edit on 12/18/2016 by AlbanArthur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlbanArthur

Someone gave him stars.

Furthermore, if I wanted to call YOU a hypocrite, I would say "OccamsRazor04 us a hypocrite". Not just a general "hypocrites".

Care to talk about looking foolish still?

I don't give anyone stars, ever. Way to keep attributing things to me with zero evidence though, you are really coming through for us all and showing us exactly what to look for when determining if someone is actually intelligent or not.

It was my post you responded to, meaning you were speaking to me when you said "hypocrite". In the English language it is not needed to call someone by name when you are talking to them, in fact, it's simply not done. If I was talking to Mary and said "Mary is a hypocrite" it would make no sense as that is what you would say when speaking to a 3rd party, not Mary.

And we have evidence you were talking about me, because you accused me of also giving him stars, further evidence I was a hypocrite. Except I have no idea what post you refer to and I gave no one stars.

So now we have you being foolish AND lying trying to say it was not me you called a hypocrite after defending why you called me a hypocrite.
edit on 18-12-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Again....I did not call you directly a hypocrite. Go read again and learn how to comprehend.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Again....I did not call you directly a hypocrite. Go read again and learn how to comprehend.

Yes, clearly you are talking to someone else when you say YOU, referring to me. Gotcha.

Someone gave him stars.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Keep going on about your special self.

Hypocrites is a plural. Meaning multiples. 《---------- Notice the "s"?

In the English language it means more than one. Snowflake. 《------------ That was directed at you.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: RomeByFire

And where is the part where Trump was anointed as the smartest man ever to hold the office?

He said that himself when he claimed he was like a smart person that's why he misses intelligence briefings.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Keep going on about your special self.

Hypocrites is a plural. Meaning multiples. 《---------- Notice the "s"?

In the English language it means more than one. Snowflake. 《------------ That was directed at you.
Yawn. You already admitted you called me a hypocrite and gave my giving him stars as evidence supporting your claim. Except I did no such thing.

Keep the ad-homs coming though, calling me a snowflake only works if it's one of those opposite things, like calling a huge guy tiny.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AlbanArthur

A victim of circumstance.

It's perfect. Trigger the maniacs and keep them occupied.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Are you really serious right now? Have you heard Donald brag about his intelligence and how he barely made it through school? Are you understanding my point, or are you just side-stepping to avoid the fact that Donald has on numerous occasions bragged about his intellect.

Yes, part of intellect is being able to spell. It is not the defining factor of intelligence but being able to see patterns in letters and memorizing those patterns, especially when you brag as much as Donald IS part of intelligence.

THE POINT IS HE HAS BRAGGED. What do you do when someone constantly brags about something? You test them; you see what they are about.

He has bragged he is like a very smart person and his brain is so awesome. Well if his brain is so awesome, why the hell couldn't he remember a simple sequence of letters? Stop making excuses. No one is saying spelling defines intelligence, but I am saying if you are going to brag to the degree that Donald has bragged, you better not misspell simple words.

See I can misspell unpresidented because I didn't brag for 2 years that I have a very good brain. Are you understanding now? Or are you going to continue to distort reality to rationalize Donald's obvious narcissism and egocentricity?

Also, I like how you tried to shift the conversation from Donald's inadequacies to me by making a comparison between your friend and myself. Classic sociopathic move. I see you are learning fast from your new dictator.
edit on 18-12-2016 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
Yes, part of intellect is being able to spell.

Sorry, but the fact you think this is hilarious.

our necessaties

Is that a Trump tweet? Nope. It's George Washington. Unfit to be president, right?

Writing is good, but terribly slow — spelling about as bad as it well can be.

Written about Trump, right? Oops, that was Churchill. That bum should have never been in power, right?

Who was it that said they had

treacherous spelling

Einstein you say? Dude must have been really stupid.

Let's not even get started on some of the great authors who could not spell.

Get a clue.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Again, you pick one quote and use that as the basis of your hollow reply. My whole post clearly states that it is not the defining factor of intelligence, but it has a part. A PART.

Do you know what a part means? A part could be 10%, 15%, 25%. I know you do, but like the Trump supporter, you think being obnoxious and troll-like is the new 'mature' so now you practice these behaviors, like your emperor Donald.

So you pick one quote, and ignore the rest of my reply which pretty much shuts your ridiculous reply down. But go on, play in your little world m'friend.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Again, you pick one quote and use that as the basis of your hollow reply. My whole post clearly states that it is not the defining factor of intelligence, but it has a part. A PART.

Do you know what a part means? A part could be 10%, 15%, 25%. I know you do, but like the Trump supporter, you think being obnoxious and troll-like is the new 'mature' so now you practice these behaviors, like your emperor Donald.

So you pick one quote, and ignore the rest of my reply which pretty much shuts your ridiculous reply down. But go on, play in your little world m'friend.

Ah no, you used it as evidence he is not smart. I proved many brilliant people can't spell.

It is not a part. It's not 10%, or 5%, or 1%, it is quite literally 0%. There is a correlation between spelling and SOME types of intelligence, which is another way of saying the relationship between spelling and intelligence you are trying to create quite simply does not exist. Spelling will tell you literally nothing about a person's intelligence.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

God you are dense.

Question, the people who you have mentioned; have they bragged about any intellect or anything related to intelligence? Did they sit on the world stage and self-aggrandize? Did they speak constantly not of their flaws, but their perceived strengths? Did constantly mention what school they attended?

No, which is why this whole thread is not even applicable to the people you mention. Most of which being very modest in regards to anything RELATED to intellect. So when they make a mistake, you don't rub it in their faces.

Donald is the exception. He has consistently bragged about what school he went to. His brain. And actually the constant mentioning of his prestigious school would actually imply his belief in the traditional measurement for 'intellect' which is spelling, math, so I will hold him to that standard, again, especially since he has bragged for the past two years and has done so in such an arrogant manner.

He is a narcissist who was no doubt referring to his ability to spell (and anything else related to intellect) whenever he mentioned his superior 'brain' so I will judge him in that same right.

Again, I have mentioned numerous times (you can ignore it all you want) that spelling does not define intelligence BUT, if you are going to brag as much as he did, and not even regard the new information (intelligence briefings) with a seriousness for the people, and your excuse is 'I'm too smart for it', yes, I will use that as a measuring stick.

He goes around insulting people but the minute you call him out on his nonsense, you supporters run to him and shield him like a newborn baby because that is exactly what he is. A 70s year old man with the emotional age of a newborn.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Question, the people who you have mentioned; have they bragged about any intellect or anything related to intelligence?

So if they did not brag about it, then they can still be intelligent and spelling doesn't matter, but if they did brag about it then spelling does matter and they can't be intelligent?

I am really having a hard time trying to figure out how someone bragging has any bearing on their actual intelligence.

Again, I have mentioned numerous times (you can ignore it all you want) that spelling does not define intelligence BUT

No actually what you said is it DOES define intelligence and it is a part of intelligence.

God you are dense.

I am picturing you in front of a mirror when you post that. All you can do is sling ad-homs because your actual points have been destroyed.

Oh, and did Trump call out anyone on their spelling?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I made my point clear in my post and again, you are picking and choosing what you want to respond to. Reply to each point, and then I will answer your points. You quoted one part of my post, and ignored the rest even though the rest gives clarity to the whole post.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I made my point clear in my post and again, you are picking and choosing what you want to respond to. Reply to each point, and then I will answer your points. You quoted one part of my post, and ignored the rest even though the rest gives clarity to the whole post.

I responded to multiple parts of your post. I semi ignored stuff like ...

He is a narcissist who was no doubt referring to his ability to spell

Because that is you talking out your butt and simply lying. You just have no retort because your entire argument is ground to dust so you have nothing left except to try to insult me.

Well there is one part of your post I decided to leave but will respond to ....

No, which is why this whole thread is not even applicable to the people you mention. Most of which being very modest in regards to anything RELATED to intellect. So when they make a mistake, you don't rub it in their faces.

So it's not about his actual intellect, it's about you wanting to rub something in his face, regardless of whether it is true or not.

Thanks for the honesty.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

So you are telling me when someone constantly brags about going to school, they are not using the traditional measuring stick for intellect, or 'education' which is basically being able to follow curriculum, spelling, reasoning, maths, etc?

If Donald is constantly using his school as measurement for his success in 'education' and intellect, I will judge him by that same standard. So when he makes a simple spelling mistake or grammar mistake, which is frowned upon in COLLEGE circles, yes he will be called out on it since he has bragged continuously about going to a prestigious school and having an 'awesome brain'.

Someone who has gone to school and understands that going to school alone, does not qualify you as being intelligent or educated will not get that same criticism, but someone who has been, and who arrogantly brags about it, will get that treatment. AND AGAIN, the above paragraph explains why.

THIS IS EXACTLY what people are doing. He has used his schooling as a measuring stick for 'intellect' so people are judging him by that standard.

I explained this to you in every post prior to this one. Read next time.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

So you are telling me when someone constantly brags about going to school, they are not using the traditional measuring stick for intellect

Well I have a quote from him ...

TRUMP: You know, I get -- first of all, these are very good people that are giving me the briefings. And I say, "If something should change from this point, immediately call me. I'm available on one-minute's notice." I don't have to be told -- you know, I'm, like, a smart person. I don't have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years.

Maybe you can explain how spelling factors into his yardstick of "smart" .. which is the ability to hear something and understand it.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

There you go again, quoting ONE question, and ignoring everything else... even though everything else adequately explains the WHOLE reason why he is being criticized for his spelling mistake. I'm talking about over the course of this campaign, he has CONSTANTLY bragged about going to college, and being smart.

This is why now he is being criticized for things like this. It's like you supporters have selective amnesia. You forget everything he's said int he past two years.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join