It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Confirms Supporters Were Vicious, Nasty And Violent

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Oh my. You're really making yourself look like the fool now! LOL It's really quite ironic!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

And here comes the inability to rebut. Typical windword. Seen any body doubles lately?

To recap:

I said

You realize sarcasm and irony are synonyms of each other correct? Surely you aren't that dense?

To which you said

No they're not.

From the get go you lost this argument. I then pointed out the definition of Sarcasm, proving that both Sarcasm and Irony list each other as synonyms. It is then obvious you began googling it. Why do I say that? I could tell you were in a lurch, so I googled what I thought you would google: "Is Sarcasm Irony", and what was the first link? It's the very link you provided. You didn't even read the whole article. It says Sarcasm is a MEAN or MOCKING Ironic statement.

Then you googled "Difference between Irony and Sarcasm and you continued with ripping off google articles and completely lifted an entire sentence.

Then you finally devolved, as you usually do, into the "NUH UH, LOL"
edit on 19-12-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I honestly have never known a group of sorry baby ass losers in all of my life. Except maybe Eagles fans...they complain a lot too...

There was violence in the primaries but it was not Trump supporters beating people up. In fact, most times it was someone inside a rally who caused and issue and then there was confrontation. There was so much violence from anti-trump groups they cancelled rallies.

Find one...one video that shows 'groups' of Trump supporters being violent, vicious or nasty. Go ahead.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It amazes me that the right are now acting like butter wouldn't melt. Both sides had violent incidents and to deny this makes you just a liar or blind.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I googled "Irony vs Sarcasm" on your behalf, because when I suggested that Trump's comments were ironic, not sarcastic, you didn't know the difference, and you clearly still don't.

....Subtly lost upon you and your ilk. Sad. Really sad.

And, quite ironic too!

edit on 19-12-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Oh, so let me get this straight, because obviously I am so confused. You didn't even know that sarcasm requires irony, you didn't know that sarcasm and irony are synonyms of each other, but you were looking it up on google for my benefit? Thank you so much. How thoughtful. I am pretty sure everyone else who reads this thread will see it exactly as you do...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Irony is never sarcastic, but sarcasm is always ironic.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Irony is never sarcastic, but sarcasm is always ironic.

I bet he never understood how a square is a rectangle but a rectangle is not a square either.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AlbanArthur

What does that have to do with this? (Rhetorical, I know the point you are trying to make, it doesn't apply) The point is Trump was being sarcastic. The people who missed the sarcasm don't get to say he wasn't being sarcastic. The people who saw the sarcasm, his supporters, know he was being sarcastic. It's one of the great flaws of Trump. He uses sarcasm (and exxageration) far too often which is not something the leader of the free world should be doing. Not everyone get's sarcasm, as this thread makes painfully obvious.

Do you know why no MAJOR news outlets carried this non story? Only far left tabloids (yes, that includes WaPo) carried the story. Why? Because major outlets know Trump's MO. They are tired of falling for it. If they were to call him out on it he would say "I was being sarcastic!" and then his supporters would go "Hah, Trump fools the stupid media again!", because his lowest form of wit caters to their mindset.

Yes, it's true Irony isn't always Sarcasm, but in this case, it was absolutely Sarcasm. Good job though trying to come into a thread and look smart. Instead you embarrass yourself as much as the OP, who ditched the thread a long time ago because he knew he couldn't win this argument, and Windword.

Windword: Seen any body doubles lately?

Edit: Trump's twitter already explained that this was sarcasm:

If my many supporters acted and threatened people like those who lost the election are doing, they would be scorned & called terrible names!

It's so obvious he is "mocking the media" to pander to his supporters. He was saying "This is what the media was calling you!" which is why someone in the crowd yelled "Deplorable!" to remind him that was another name they were called. But who are the violent ones after all? Turns out his supporters are these calm laid back people, and the far left (mostly white millennials) are the ones getting arrested and destroying property.
edit on 20-12-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

An old man hitting a young man at a rally. That kid got rocked. As a protester he should expect some confrontation. He acted like a thug and got punched by a 70 year old man. I would have been embarrassed to be the thug...

That is the only one i can remember but I sure do remember people having their asses beaten for wearing a hat or a shirt that said Trump. It is not blindness. The election was not won on hate. It did not promote hate. It was won because not the right, but the country, all races and sexes included, elected Donald Trump.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Yes, it's true Irony isn't always Sarcasm, but in this case, it was absolutely Sarcasm.

Right, because all Trump supporters were always peaceful as lambs before the election, and they still are the same, now, after the election. /sarcasm

Nope. Trump was bragging about how mean, vicious and violent his (deplorable) supporters were before the election, and proudly observing (falsely) that now they're "calm and cool".

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
he's an idiot.

blames his supporters for being nasty and vicious and they cheer!!! what the hell is wrong with these people??

he really could shoot someone in the street... no doubt.

Its the same as getting into a brawl with your buddies and you win....then you all go home and drink some beers, mellowed out and recounting the event and saying things like "Man i kicked the # outta the guys face, poor guy hahaha i kinda feel bad but not really."

So, i get it i get it.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Please, for the love of god, stop debating the differences between sarcasm and irony. ..please, I beg.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

Are you begging or pleading? Cause there is a suttle difference not ever... ok I'll stop lol

But I have to say, I watched the entire video of the Orlando speech, but if there is any sarcasm or irony there regarding the trump crowd pre- and post election, it was completely lost on me. Listen to what he has to say about his crowd at the 28 min mark after he made a phone call to Carrier.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: HighFive
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

If he was being sarcastic about his supporters being violent before the election then he would have to be sarcastic about them being calm now. Those statements don't line up. Unless you're saying he was being sarcastic for the first part of the sentence. Please explain it to this low IQ moron thanks

Its an old thread, im sure its been explained. But it hasn't really been "broken down" for those who don't understand in 2 pages, so, just in case, I'll give you my version.

He was speaking from the point of view of hillary and "the left". Saying that, before the election, the left considered them "vicious" etc. But now, its different, now that trump supporters won and "the left" would like to win some "deplorables" over to their side (so the dems can win the Next election), now the dems are going to realize that calling the section of voters that were numerous enough to win an election things like "nasty" "deplorables" etc, is no way to win over anyone to your side, so, over the next four years, IF they want to win elections, they will have to drop the name calling... So trump is saying "now all the sudden things are different" and his supporters are no longer going to be considered violent vicious animals, and in fact there will likely be a lot of but kissing, and the opposite of vicious, nasty, violent is "cool", "mellow" etc, so trump is using those words to describe his followers who are now all the sudden no longer nasty and vicious.

Its like you win the lottery or something, and all the sudden everyone who hated you and called you mean names like your ex, certain family members, etc, suddenly want to be your best friend and suddenly have nicer things to say about you, because you have something they want. In this case, votes.

Try watching the entire speech, and I'm sure it will become much clearer. I completely understand your confusion, and I don't think you are stupid or anything like that for not understanding. A lot of people were tricked by this very misleading thread (whether intentionally, or antideluvian was also fooled by wherever he got this from) and I probably would have been too. The deceit woven into its message was very clever...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

The people who got it got it, the people who missed it missed it. Your post is exactly what was intended.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Tongue in cheek comedy still exists in this world. But some just don't get it.

edit on 2-1-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join