It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Confirms Supporters Were Vicious, Nasty And Violent

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: windword

You realize sarcasm and irony are synonyms of each other correct? Surely you aren't that dense?

Maybe the OP thought we'd fall for this BS??

Fail.

Unfortunately for OP, most Deplorables have common sense and understand sarcasm when we see it.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: raymundoko

I'm using Trump's own words to prove that Trump said them. How bad does that make me look?

No, you're not. You admittedly did a "clean up" of the transcript.

Should've just left it as is.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

He is describing his supporters like that for the way they chanted all that and i am pretty sure you understood that.

The only ones we actually have seen being vicious and violent are the "progressives".
We have hours of video evidence of that even. You cant claim the same for republicans.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

You realize sarcasm and irony are synonyms of each other correct? Surely you aren't that dense?

Maybe the OP thought we'd fall for this BS??

Fail.

Unfortunately for OP, most Deplorables have common sense and understand sarcasm when we see it.

You have to be kidding lmao

Clearly you don't identify contempt when you see it.

I'm sorry but that is laughable

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

He is describing his supporters like that for the way they chanted all that and i am pretty sure you understood that.

The only ones we actually have seen being vicious and violent are the "progressives".
We have hours of video evidence of that even. You cant claim the same for republicans.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
he's an idiot.

blames his supporters for being nasty and vicious and they cheer!!! what the hell is wrong with these people??

he really could shoot someone in the street... no doubt.

I am in shock.

Not at the thread, not at the speech, but at the large numbers of idiots who have gathered here in this thread making statements like the one I quoted.

Have people grown so dumb that they no longer understand sarcasm? The President Elect is talking about what the people who supported him were called. Vicious. Violent. Racist, Deplorable, etc etc and how now the Democrats are trying to find a way to sway these so called violent, vicious, racist, deplorable people to their side. He is not saying his supporters are violent, he is referring to his supporters by the names they were called.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: superbanjo

You know, this is the same pattern observed in a sociopath when he is abusing his victim. The victim will constantly rationalize the sociopath's or narcissist actions as a way to avoid the reality. They continue to do this until they can't do so anymore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abuse does X and is sincere but the Abusee says

"Well I think he meant this when he said that"

The abuser will play off your projection, and let you assume that, even though he still manipulating you.

Abuser will do Y, and then Abusee will once again say

"Nah, he meant this"

The abuser grows more contemptuous, but at the same time is embolden to push boundaries.

And this is typically how abusive relationships escalate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I want to know is how long will supporters explain away Trumps indiscretions? Until the nukes fall? Meh, whatever. And you many people who have had relationships with sociopaths or narcissists will attest to them being warned in the beginning by either a friend or stranger, and they never listened. Either the friend would get an intuitive chilling feeling, or they will notice an inconsistency in the Narcissist's actions, or they flat out might see the narcissist remove its mask.

I see the same with Trump supporters. No matter how much you warn them. Point out the patterns. Show them how he is inconsistent, before he is in office, they will not listen. They are blinded by the euphoria of winning and ego-confirmation so they see cannot the subsequent storm on the horizon.

That is why I know it will be soul-crushing for his supporters once they find out it was all a ruse. Right now they can rationalize his back-tracks because he hasn't gotten into office, and to the well-reasoned mind, the very fact that he is backtracking so early would instantly set off alarm bells.

To the unreasoned and conned mind, no because again, they are caught up in their primal emotions and their faculties of reason have been disabled for a quick euphoric feeling. But, what is going to happen once he gets in the white house and continues back-tracking?

Oh, the anguish the supporters will feel. It will be one of the saddest days in history, with 11/9 falling right behind that.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
You guys are literally giving me cancer. I can't even read ATS anymore with out cringing from the pure ignorance displayed. When will we just grow up and talk sensibly about anything? We purposely choose to call each other - "the other side" THERE IS NO SIDE. The OP was taken out of context you the trump haters just want bash the super lovers. You both are # and should gtfo yourselves. Seriously most people are tired of reading this # and the ones that aren't are on "the sides"
No but seriously you guys are just trolls here to piss people off.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Here you go. Prove your point!

0:00you people were vicious violent
0:03screaming where's the wall we want the
0:06wall screaming Prison Prison locker by
0:12mean you are going crazy I mean you were
0:16neste and mean and vicious and you
0:18wanted to win right now
0:23same crowd that's right deplorable
0:26whatever happened to the deplorable
0:28right there not so deplorable then
0:34that's so deplorable anymore in fact the
0:36other side's trying to figure out 14
0:38years how do we get some of these
0:39deplorable two hours IRA but now now
0:44it's much different now you laid back
0:48and cool your mellow right you're you're
0:51basking in the glory of victory and
0:55we're already getting to work

edit on 19-12-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

No they're not. But it would be futile to try to explain to you the subtleties of language, a skill that seems to fly right over your head.
edit on 19-12-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

I know, right? How dare he thank his supporters. He should be having private thank you parties with donors, paid for by donors.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: superbanjo

originally posted by: everyone

Yes and it ends just about with only that and to top it all off most of those were started by Liberals disrupting and insulting, notice how all your videos are AT trump rally's inside during the speech? The liberals got in with the intent of causing trouble , the only reason for them to be there.That says it all really.

You really need me to post the billion of videos of liberals beating innocent people while they are holding a sigh Peace love and tolerance" wrecking cities ? or blocking ambulances in which people are dying or running onto highways like a bunch of loons. I can post hours of that sort of content.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoMon, 19 Dec 2016 07:01:30 -060016201612America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Trump was definitely being sarcastic when he said his supporters were calm now.... Lol

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: superbanjo

Maybe don't tell a black man he's a member of the KKK...it might trigger him. And rightfully so. That's what your 3rd video is a video of.

Your second video is a man who was arrested and charges were pressed against him. One man out of how many thousands in attendance? Hardly indicative of all Trump supporters...he actually apologized to the person he punched: Source
edit on 19-12-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

So you lack even basic education?

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
the use of irony to mock

i·ro·ny1
ˈīrənē/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
"“Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony"
synonyms: sarcasm, causticity, cynicism, mockery, satire, sardonicism

Please, continue to embarrass yourself. It makes this very easy.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

LOL Who looks the fool the fool now? You don't even understand the difference between irony and sarcasm!

Trump's words were dripping with irony, but he didn't know it at the time, and that irony was missed on his supporters as it flew right over their heads!

Although I doubt it will help, here's a little reading for you on the topic.

How to tell if you’re using ‘irony’ or ‘sarcasm’

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You realize your link says Sarcasm IS Irony right? Only it's Irony intended to be mean. You continue to embarrass yourself. Is it reading comprehension you lack? Sarcasm REQUIRES Irony.

Trump was being Sarcastic. It was lost on you. Sarcasm is often lost on people who have issue with someone. You have an issue with Trump. I also have an issue of Trump, but I appear to be more familiar with his tactics. Trump's use of sarcasm is well documented. Oscar Wilde said it best: Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. It's one of the many reason why I didn't, and would never, vote for Trump.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Sarcasm is a sub category of irony. Although they are similar, they are not the same thing at all. So sad that you can't grasp the subtle differences, but like I said, trying to explain those subtleties is futile. Sad, but I know when I'm beat!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Trump was being Sarcastic. It was lost on you.

It wasn't lost, it wasn't there. But there was plenty of IRONY!

LOL

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You obviously don't know when you are beat(en), and you are googling it like mad now. You literally just quoted the very first link on google...

SARCASM REQUIRES IRONY, BY DEFINITION.

You sense the Irony because you hate Trump. You miss the sarcasm because you hate Trump. I am sorry you can't see that.

Here it is one more time for you:

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/Submit
noun
noun: sarcasm; plural noun: sarcasms
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
"his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering, scoffing; irony; cynicism
"well, it's easy to see that she got her biting sarcasm from her mother"

How would a person who missed the sarcasm be able to say they didn't miss the sarcasm...surely you see your logic gap?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join