It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Brand on Trump's election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Love him or hate him, he IMO nails a lot of the issues that allowed Trump to be elected as POTUS. I personally like the guy, while I don't always agree with him 100%, I do respect his views and interpretations of the nutty world around us and find him refreshing. I'm sure there's many of us here that don't completely align with any of the party options we have to choose from, I being one of them. I just can't bring myself to adopt one singular political ideology of our current offerings. When you really start to break any of them down individually the pros and cons seem close to equally split, at least for me. Every four years for decades now, it has become more about the lesser of two evils. We live in a world full of concessions, which is to be expected if we as a society ever expect to find common ground, but, the "glass half empty" crowd is certainly making this a difficult task. Anyways, I found Russell's perception of our election circus a breath of fresh air and was curious if others felt the same.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

edit on 17-12-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

He was surprisingly on point and mostly logical.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

He says that Barack Obama is like Christ.......
Wonder if he remembers that Christ got nailed to a post?

People like brand amaze me, they can't fathom that not everyone agrees with their political views.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Russell Brand is actually a very enlightened guy and has a genuine and sincere love for people. Some people don't like him and it's easy to see why. He's open and honest about areas of his life and life in general that make people uncomfortable, especially conservative minded people.

That however is also what has made him popular though. He has an interesting perspective here as well. He's basically saying that each and every one of us are responsible for the world we are creating right now. This isn't a new idea either. It may be cliche but as the saying goes, "You can't change the world, you can only change yourself and the world will then change accordingly." Or something like that....

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Well yea that part was whack but his psychoanalysis of Trump's voting constituents was that of an informed and empathetic human being. Two things I never thought I'd associate with Brand.

His comparison of Trump & Brexit was also well done.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I don't think you understood what he was saying in context. He wasn't saying Obama is like Christ. He was saying comparing him to now, he might seem like that to some people who in the past saw him much more negative. It wasn't meant literally. He also points out how Obama is droning innocent people in the middle east and how he bailed out wall street and protected them after the bail out.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I can agree that he's one of the few celebrities that doesn't seem to have his head up his ass.
He's right that people are fed up with the way the world is today and want to go in a different direction.
Liberal policies always sound great on paper but often fail in practice. I think he fails to see that connection.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

You obviously don't know Brand at all. He's a genius that acts like a prat. He used to be a heroin addict, look at him now.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Whoa!!!

Ok after watching that all I can think is "Russel Brand for Prime Minister"

I could only disagree with about 5% of what he said in that vid and even that 5% was so articulately and intelligently put that if it was a post on this site Id still star it.

How scary is it that an obscene British comedian has had the most intelligent thing to say about Trumps rise to power that Ive heard yet

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I know what he meant.
He says Obama looks Christ like compared to Hillary and trump.
My point was that Christ was killed for being what he was.
Trump won because people want to nail Obama to a post.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

He raises some good points, no matter how you voted. The fact that he associates the changes we are seeing in the western world as a series of failings by those in power for the past 10+ years, not the rise of racists, is refreshing to hear for once.

For me this is exactly what it was for Brexit and the US election. The current system, our trust of those in power and trajectory they were guiding us in just wasn't working and an alternative was needed.

Love him or hate him, atleast he isn't another brainless celebrity with no knowledge about the situation ranting
edit on 17/12/2016 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is the same Russell Brand that attends the Maharishi university in Fairfield Iowa? The people who think they can levitate? Even if he is on-point on any topic, I don't lend him any credibility. I've witnessed those loonies bouncing down the road.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I think he definitely has a genuine way of getting his point across. Charismatic, funny, arrogant. He reminds me of myself at times and I get a kick out of how he stirs things up! Thanks for sharing!

edit on 17-12-2016 by Balzar007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I gotcha!! Makes more sense now.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Man, over half the population believe in a man born from a virgin mother who could walk on water turn water in to wine and came back from the dead.

But you don't find that to be anything of concern???

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
"When I was poor and complained about inequality they said I was bitter; now that I'm rich and I complain about inequality they say I'm a hypocrite. I'm beginning to think they just don't want to talk about inequality."

RB. Dude is scarily accurate with many of the things he says.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I didn't know he was back at it. Good on him!

This thread already has people I wouldn't think would listen to him actually listening and agreeing. The man is actually pretty clever and always offers a unique and well studied perspective on things.

Yes he's a bit out there at times and I've personally disagreed with him more than agreement, never have I thought he's just plain wrong.

He has love in his heart and a brain that can think critically, it's never a bad thing.

Glad he is doing the Trews again.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I for sure had a connection with what he had to say and have very similar feelings. I wish I could put them into words as well as he did. So many nowadays tend to concentrate on looking where they don't want to go than where they need to go that they gravitate to a place they don't want to be. I hope and wish that someday we can all work together on having some collective unity and make the world a place where we all want to be, instead of the deep division thats been created solely on the fact that one group doesn't agree on how another group thinks. I find that quite silly actually. Just wishing I know, but hey, it is Christmas time

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I almost commented before watching the video, glad I didn't.

I typically don't care what this guy says, but he is one of the few voices of reason on the left right now. In a VERY nice way, he is talking about accountability or the lack there of in politics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join