It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SF supports immigrants — just not into our neighborhoods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
Not so sure about the 4 year thing.

Seems the democratic party is in disarray if you ask me. You might say they are imploding from the inside.

The call for a deep and detailed accounting of how Clinton lost a race that she and her donors were absolutely certain she’d win didn’t begin immediately after the election — there was too much shock over her defeat by Donald Trump, and overwhelming grief. Her initial conference call with top backers, which came just days after the outcome, focused primarily on FBI Director Jim Comey’s late campaign-season intervention.

I don't think the left has a lot of confidence in their party right now.

“Everybody’s still frankly stunned, and in the back of their minds they think they’re going to wake up tomorrow morning and all of this never happened, including me,” said Patricof. “People are all asking the question of what’s next, who’s next in the Democratic Party leadership, who are the up-and-coming people ahead of 2020. But at this point, it’s [just] a lot of questions."

I guess time will tell. link

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Diisenchanted

Reminds me of Mr. Facebook railing against Trump for wanting to build a wall, then goes out and builds a massive wall around his Hawaii mansion, never mind the crazy security he has around his SF home.

If people offer no threat, why the wall and security, Mr Facebook?

Definition of liberal is largely "hypocrite".

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Wasn't it San Fran where the church was using an auto spray apparatus to hose down homeless people to keep them off their lawn too? I think it was a Catholic Church if I remember right.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

I live outside SF. The hypocrisy is insane.

They're all for inclusion, supporting minorities, immigrants, etc, in words yet in action they mainly live in places like Hunter's Point, a borderline 3rd world slum with a leaking power plant which is causing serious health problems among the poor, never mind the crazy amounts of gang violence.

Chinatown is also a # hole in SF. As is the Tenderloin.

But as long as the rich live in their little pockets, they don't care.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

No argument from me on the fact the Dems are presently in disaray.

But I would suggest that when we look at the numbers from this election, it looks like a one off, at least to me. The Dems won all the metro areas and those metro areas contain 55% of the US population which explains HRC winning the popular vote. The only reason the Dems lost the EC vote count was because the aging and despairing white blue collar voters in the rust belt, who by the way voted for Obama, turned on the Dems because Obama was seen as having failed them.

As that population dies off, the Repubs lose more and more voters. Demographics is destiny.

One thing that could at least temporarily hurt the Dems is if they are pulled even further to the left by the Alinsky Marxist wing of the party of the west coast. We will just have to wait and see.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

As that population dies off, the Repubs lose more and more voters. Demographics is destiny.

It's a great meme, reinforced by the fact that dems changed immigration 50 years ago to cause demographic changes, but current politics shows this otherwise.
In the federal and state level, republicans have likely never been more dominant.

Young people are a large unknown, There pre-career, pre-children political beliefs are not the same.

Legal hispanics especially older generations do not have the same politics as illegal immigrants. it all hinges on if they get deported or Dems turn them into citizens buying their loyalty forever.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I know that your thread is about the US, However Politicians, Celebrities and the

Rich through out the world who live far from the *hoi polloi* in gated communities

and acred grand estates are ALL hypocrites.

Mentioning just a few off the top of my head .... Mrs Merkle, Bob Geldorf,

Garry Lineker, Lily Allen, and others ...... I'm still waiting with baited breath

to see just how many immigrants/refugees they have taken in

The ensuing silence is deafening

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join