It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stuck in a dream for a week attending a university and falling in love, all as somebody else!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I feel the need to start off by saying I recently quit marijuana, and have always had very bizarre vivid dreams as a side effect. Well last night was no different I enrolled into a university met my roommates, classmates, and much of the faculty. We had bunk beds which was odd but whatever I attended my classes made friends quickly and fell in love with a lovely brunette.

She was simply bursting with a bizarre quirky eccentric personality. I can't stop thinking although she wasn't real there must be someone that looks and acts exactly like her in this world. This where it got interesting after going to my classes, meeting people, sleeping in my bunk bed I got pretty close with my roomies and they offered to take me to a party. At the party after seeing hundreds of people I have never seen before I see a familiar friendly face.

A good friend of mine all the way through junior high and high school. Haven't spoken to him in years and years though I'm friends with him on facebook but what the hell does that matter. So when I see him I go to give him "daps" and bring it in with a half hug he seemed surprised shocked and quickly walked away. I said to my girlfriend it's like he didn't even recognize me! She said he's probably just drunk and soon after walking by a window I catch my reflection, and pause in horror. It wasn't me I apparently had been living someone else's life all this time.

Well I figured screw it he's better looking my girlfriend is beautiful, smart, and funny so I pretend to be him until the next day in the cafeteria. I ran into some of my girlfriends more undesirable friends, a real nerdy blonde girl with glasses. She insists I try the red herring the schools renown for it, I exclaimed what the hell red herring!? I look over to see them and they were a bunch of miniature giraffes in different stages of decomposition most of them in the ladder state being compromised of just bones. I looked back at her and yelled what the F#!? and woke up.

I can't stop thinking about the dream, the girl, all the people I met, and those I befriended. Was I actually living someone else's life!? What reminds me and reassures me it was just a dream was the friend I know in real life is way too old to be at a college party, though I'm pretty sure his girlfriend is younger then him. Plus I'm actually only 29 I would definitely still go to a college party if invited I sure look young enough to not even be noticed as an outsider. I'm actually too freaked out to creep on his facebook and see just how young she is and if she posts current pictures of college parties. I highly doubt it anyway and so what if she goes to college parties wouldn't prove very much it was just a dream.

Can't help but think of inception and how falling asleep in a dream prolongs the time stuck in the dream I remembers sleeping in my bunk a few times but the whole dream the classes the relationships all seem like they at least were a week long, maybe more. I don't remember ever falling asleep in a dream or any dream coming even remotely close to this amount of complexity and longevity.

Well thanks for listening ATS I just felt the need to share this bizarre occurrence. I'm going to lay back down and see if I can go back I really miss the girl and not in the way I usually do. Like when your having a sexual dream but in a general missing your partner type feeling that only occurs in a prolonged and healthy relationship. What a trip I wish she was real
I'll update if I can fall asleep and go back.
edit on 17-12-2016 by CrazyK22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
In my opinion, pot suppresses dreaming. After quitting, your brain did some major catching up on rem sleep.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
And considering I have been smoking nearly everyday since I was 16 no wonder it took a week! Lol

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyK22

Interesting dream! I've had some week+ dreams like this too. Makes me in awe of how complex the brain can be at generating people and convincing situations. Oddly enough, my long dreams are in a learning environment too with hundreds of students all with their own personalities and faces. I don't think I have ever seen myself in a mirror though while dreaming though but sounds freaky!

The red herring part certainly was a good red herring too, snapped you right out of it!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: constant_thought
Indeed and yea it's pretty incredible what the brain can do, and how quickly a pleasant dream can turn into a nightmare. Almost like a switch is flicked and the brain tells itself he is oversleeping and too deep in REM, show him something horrible and get him out! Just looked up red herring on Wikipedia I had no clue that it was a literary device or related to fish, I thought it was a bird tbh SMH. Very creepy and so fitting under the circumstances I guess my subconscious is far more intelligent and knowledgeable then my consciousness.

edit on 17-12-2016 by CrazyK22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join