It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Yorker: Nine Ways to Oppose Donald Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Liberals on the whole aren't going to even give Trump a chance

No one on the right gave Obama a chance, and they turned out to be completely wrong about him.

Yes, I gave Obama a chance. And my suspicions about him turned out pretty accurate:

He ran up the debt worse that the 2000-2006 GOP
He did nothing to improve the lives of minorities, then blamed it on racism
He did not improve the job market
He used his skills as a community agitator to embolden violent protests
He damaged the energy sector
He damaged US military force
He massively expanded the federal bureaucracy

We know exactly what's going to happen with this government and it's going to be horrific for most Americans.

Please elaborate for posterity what is going to happen.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

No one on the right gave Obama a chance, and they turned out to be completely wrong about him.

Other than doubling the national debt, giving free healthcare to millions at the cost of a 1000% cost increase to paying subscribers, and switching boots on the ground to drones in the air where were they wrong?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Interpretation is yours to be free with.
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Other than doubling the national debt, giving free healthcare to millions at the cost of a 1000% cost increase to paying subscribers, and switching boots on the ground to drones in the air where were they wrong?

Saying "Obama" doubled the debt is an over statement. Spending and tax decisions are primarily the responsibility of Congress. What exactly did you want him to do, write the bill?

Nothing about Obamacare is free, I think that should be easy to agree with.

Your subscriber cost goes up ANY time an insurance company is created. I'd say the Government rather successfully contrasted this signing up 20 million people and crippling the industry. Liquidate and conglomerate these hydra companies before it's too late.

So you prefer American lives lost over plastic? I see.
edit on 17-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I know and my interpretation is that the liberal media is purposely talking about this to get conservatives riled up. People are buying into it too, on both sides of the aisle.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

I know and my interpretation is that the liberal media is purposely talking about this to get conservatives riled up. People are buying into it too, on both sides of the aisle.

Fine, but it is wrong of you to reply to me in a way that suggests we are thinking along the same lines and I would be grateful if you would refrain from doing so.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I'm just agreeing with you, the liberal media is being biased 100%, only thing is you believe their bias is genuine whereas I believe it is done knowingly in order to enlarge the gulf between the two parties.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I accept your opinion.
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Saying "Obama" doubled the debt is an over statement. Spending and tax decisions are primarily the responsibility of Congress. What exactly did you want him to do, write the bill?

He signed it.

Nothing about Obamacare is free, I think that should be easy to agree with.

Millions of people that previously didn't have medicaid but also qualified for it got it simply due to the penalty of obamacare, regardless of use of coverage, those premiums were payed with tax dollars.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Ahahahaha....the right blocked Obama at every turn for 8 years. Putting their childish feelings ahead of the country.

You guys are the biggest hypocrites I have ever seen in my life. You guys are like kids who cry when they get a taste of their own medicin.

The republicans behaviour the last 8 years with regard to Obama has been infantile.

Also, I have a question. Can we look forward to you guys posting every little story crying about horrible people who don't like your messiah?

edit on 17-12-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
"Support Independent Journalism"

Hahahahaha
edit on -060011am12kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Ahahahaha....the right blocked Obama at every turn for 8 years. Putting their childish feelings ahead of the country.

You guys are the biggest hypocrites I have ever seen in my life. You guys are like kids who cry when they get a taste of their own medicin.

The republicans behaviour the last 8 years with regard to Obama has been infantile.

Also, I have a question. Can we look forward to you guys posting every little story crying about horrible people who don't like your messiah?

It is a major job of the President to negotiate with Congress so that we may accomplish things. There is compromise and diplomacy involved. Obama couldn't do it either due to the boneheadedness of the Tea Party or his own stubborn streak and likely both. The fact is, it didn't get done and that lies on his shoulders.

I am an independent voter. I gave Obama a chance but the cards were against him. I voted for him because I was voting against his opposition. I considered McCain until he showed a major lack of judgement with the village idiot, Palin. I considered Romney until he selected Ryan and they couldn't both say the same things. Ryan just wouldn't shut up and thought that he was somehow leading the campaign.
This time we had a choice between a superannuated frat boy and the most corrupt politician since Boss Tweed. I voted against corruption and we ended up with the frat boy. He is not my messiah and I am hoping that he can actually do good for the country. He does call them as he sees them, like it or not, and changes his mind more often than a lady looking for new furniture. Right now, he is trying to show everyone that he is not cast in the same political mold as the DC insiders. When he settles down a bit and has it explained to him what he can do and can't do, I expect he will think a little more before he talks.

As to posts and stories pinging on Trump, I expect it. The President's other big job is to take the heat. Given the outrage over the election and the criticisms before he has even taken the oath of office, I would say he is in for regular trips to the woodshed by the press [who are embarrassed that got it so wrong even after they tried to wire the election] and the left who are frustrated that their planned 'first woman President' didn't get the job. This means that their image suffers because they couldn't convince their fellow citizens that we need a woman President -- any one will do -- to show the world that we are equal opportunity employers of our leaders. Think about the many check-boxes they will need to get back to a heterosexual Caucasian male with no handicaps or gender issues. Poor Hillary even missed the Nobel for "being elected while female."
edit on 12/17/2016 by pteridine because: spelling

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

That's one way of looking at it. Another would be that they prevented further damage to the country as much as they possibly could. I happen to agree with that one.

I fully expect the Democrats to believe that their obstruction against Trump and the GOP is justified in the same way.

You mean like passing bills without reading what is in them, or revising judicial nomination floor rules?

I can't speak for anyone else, but have a ball trashing him. Trump is not exactly a saint. He just happened to be a better choice than Clinton.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

We know exactly what's going to happen with this government and it's going to be horrific for most Americans.
Yes they did, and we now have the lowest employment rate in my lifetime.

Government data showed that only 63.2 percent of working-age Americans have a job or are looking for one, the lowest proportion since 1978.

www.washingtonpost.com... 45e6f8ef_story.html

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Yes they did, and we now have the lowest employment rate in my lifetime.

Government data showed that only 63.2 percent of working-age Americans have a job or are looking for one, the lowest proportion since 1978.

www.washingtonpost.com... 45e6f8ef_story.html

No, they did not give him a chance. They fought him at every single turn. Preferring to be petty than put the country first.

I'm no Obama fan, he was profoundly dissapointing. But if you guys are right in what you are saying , that means that almost every single decision he made or tried to get implemented was wrong. And I simply refuse to believe that.

As an outsider from the uk, the rights stupid behaviour was very clear to see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join