It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Yorker: Nine Ways to Oppose Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Over the past few weeks, a number of anguished friends and acquaintances, and even some strangers, have got in touch with me to ask what they might do to oppose Donald Trump. Being a fellow sufferer from oats—Obsessing About Trump Syndrome—my first instinct has been to tell people to get off social media and take a long walk. It won’t do anybody much good, except possibly Trump, if large numbers of people who voted against him send themselves mad by constantly reading about him, cursing him, and recirculating his latest outrages.

1. Go to change.org and join the 4.9 million people who have signed a petition calling on members of the Electoral College to reject Trump.

2. Attend the Women’s March on Washington, which will take place on Saturday, January 21st.

3. Contribute to organizations that will oppose Trump and the Republican agenda.

4. Support independent journalism.

5. Get engaged on a personal level.

6. Contact your congressman and senator and tell them to stand up to Trump.

7. Support local initiatives to resist the Trump and Republican agenda.

8. Support electoral reform.

9. Be smart: violence would only help Trump.

LINK

This clearly belongs in the humor forum, but the intention of it was completely serious. Liberals on the whole aren't going to even give Trump a chance.

Their recount efforts failed, their disinformation campaign about the election being hacked failed, their attempted Electoral College mutiny is going to fail, so it's time for them to start brainstorming. This tells you a lot about the values of most people. Supporting terrorists and being responsible for the destruction of whole societies didn't cause these people to bat an eye.

I'm starting to get the impression that a lot of liberals won't care about the good things Trump is going to do because those things aren't part of their agenda. Idealists are often like that. If they don't get their way completely, it's impossible to satisfy them.
edit on 17-12-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

#9 will be ignored.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Liberals on the whole aren't going to even give Trump a chance

No one on the right gave Obama a chance, and they turned out to be completely wrong about him.

We know exactly what's going to happen with this government and it's going to be horrific for most Americans.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The left holds there heads high as the most tolerant and excepting among us. The truth is much different, closed minded bigots! I never heard even anything on this level from the right when heir Obama was elected.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

#9 will be ignored.

Unfortunately true. And their violence will be met with roid raging cops.

They'll get more angry.

Normally I'd say they would get more organized and actually fix the voting system so we could have a real election instead of this nonsense we've got, but it seems their party is the source of the broken election tactics.

Sigh.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

No one on the right gave Obama a chance, and they turned out to be completely wrong about him.

We know exactly what's going to happen with this government and it's going to be horrific for most Americans.

Excuse you? I even voted for that idiot the first time around thinking I was helping bring change to my world. He turned out to be worse than dubyuh. I'm not on the right, but they were not wrong about Obama.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Here are a few more:

10. Clean up the DNC and remove the top layer of administration that cheated Bernie Sanders out of the nomination. Isolate Kaine, Brazile, and Wasserman-Shultz. Ban all Clintons from the organization for the next 5 generations.
11. Select a candidate that has not sold influence, repeatedly lied, violated security regulations, and cheated every way she could. Try to find someone less corrupt.
12. Work with your Congressman and Senators, regardless of their party affiliation, to have your voice heard. You may be surprised that all elected officials are not party-line adherents. The delusional have made up scenarios that have no basis in reality and "Standing up to Trump" in all cases may not be in your best interests.
13. Stop whining and get on with your life. Many who opposed Obama did so, successfully, after the last two elections. If they did it, so can you. Apply to the DNC for your participation trophy and put it in your safe place to meditate on.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
These people are idiots but what they are talking about isnt illegal or subversive and is in fact a symptom of a healthy democracy so good on em

That said this constant Trump bashing and whinyness from all the haters is pathetic, these people need to get a grip

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Yay, another article from the liberal media that was written for the sole purpose of riling up conservatives, these are becoming a dime a dozen here lately.

edit on 12/17/2016 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
Yay, another article from the liberal media that was written for the sole purpose of riling up conservatives, these are becoming a dime a dozen here lately.

Yay, another off topic comment that is not related to the OP nor the topic at hand that has partisan drivel in it for the sole purpose of riling up liberals.

It's become a dime a dozen here lately.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I'm not the one who keeps posting these articles from liberal sources that are only written to further divide the two parties. I see past the con game they're playing on us, many members on these boards are still wrapped up in it.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

#9 will be ignored.
we already know that #4 was ignored.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Just imagine the cries of "Rayyyyysssissss" and "biiiiigaaaaaatreeeee" from these same butthurt losers if an article had suggested ways to oppose Obama eight years ago.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

You're right, that's exactly the way the media would paint it. They gotta keep us fighting each other after all.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

You're right, that's exactly the way the media would paint it. They gotta keep us fighting each other after all.

The media has got to maintain its liberal biased would be a more accurate interpretation of my point.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

When did Republicans give Obama a chance?

What comes around.........

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Sounds like what congress did to Obama.

Rule #1: Obama must fail.
Rules #2-10: See rule number one.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I agree 100%, they have to keep that bias in order to polarize people as much as possible.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

4. Support independent journalism.

How ironic..

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

What were they wrong about?

Well I guess they weren't much keeping score on if he was another democratically elected government overthrowing, terrorist financing, American Imperialist scumbag. But even we independents couldn't ignore how he overkill divided the nation with racist bigotful Identity Politics, maintained the War On Drugs. Waged a war on journalism and free speech. Shall I go on?

Obama/Clinton/CIA and the Coup d’état of a democratically elected president in Honduras
edit on 17-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join