It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Gave Millions of Campaign Dollars to his own Businesses

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Drain the swamp indeed. This is unprecedented according to the article. Trump spend millions of campaign dollars on his own businesses. Yes he's smart at business- smart at enriching himself. How anyone can believe he wants to help regular people is beyond me.

money.cnn.com...

I had been following stories during the campaign that suggested this was happening. Not surprised.

He's going to cost the American taxpayer hugely... and his own fortune will benefit hugely.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
CNN yet again. Also , wasnt most of the campaign money Trump's to begin with ? Wasnt the line on how much he came in under budget to win the election ?
How soon folks forget.

From the article...

One campaign finance watchdog said no candidate had ever run so much of a campaign's spending through his own businesses.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Read the article, he spent $12.8 mill on his businesses and 8 mill of it was on flights.
Considering the miles he racked up during his campaign and you include his entourage that seems reasonable.

As for the amount spent by a candidate on his own businesses being unprecedented Id like to know how many other previous candidates had businesses that it would be possible to utilise during a campaign?

Another Anti Trump hit piece that fails miserably

Trump could literally shoot someone in the streets...

Didn't take long for the Hillary deflections and the source being attacked lol.

I thought Clinton supporters were willfully ignorant, you guys are willfully delusional lol. Trump, nor any of his cultists, can take any sort of criticism.

Anytime anything negative comes out about him his paid legion on online internet trolls make sure to correct his record by attacking the source and deflecting to Hillary.

I wonder why much Trump pays some of you folks?

Not sure why you addressed that at me, I didnt do any of the things you said???

Truth is in all these anti Trump threads Im yet to actually see anything bad, from day 1 the MSM has attacked him from discounting his legitimacy and his chances of winning and now claiming hes some sort of Putin puppet and its just ridiculous.

Show me something Trump has actually done thats bad and not just interpreted that way by the Trump haters because the MSM says so

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Did he spend more through his businesses than he spent out of pocket, or is this just a intellectual-dishonesty-a-thon?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well the true dishonesty is the cost of the campaign. 100 million dollars is enough to campaign for the rest of your life from an ads cost perspective.

The majority of that money is used to grease wheels. In September Trump spent 70 million in 'Campaign expenses'. Only $66,000 went to his main media firm.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Gothmog
CNN yet again. Also , wasnt most of the campaign money Trump's to begin with ? Wasnt the line on how much he came in under budget to win the election ?
How soon folks forget.

From the article...

One campaign finance watchdog said no candidate had ever run so much of a campaign's spending through his own businesses.

Wonder why CNN and the like never name names ? Afraid of a libel charge ? Made up sh** ? I vote both according to the situation

edit on 12/17/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Okay.

Trump said he could shoot somebody in the street (a complete stranger) and wouldn't lose any votes.

He also mocked the physical disability of a man on live TV by making physical mockeries.

Trump is also a lifelong oligarchal familial pal of the Clintons.

If you were to consider me a Trump hater because the MSM "says so," you're completely wrong.

I don't own cable nor antenna - I don't watch TV. Especially the MSM - I stopped taking that % serious years ago.

Oh yeah - and the fact that Donald was given MUCH more air time than Clinton... yet he's "anti-establishment," somehow.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Trump said he could shoot somebody in the street (a complete stranger) and wouldn't lose any votes.

Bravado at worst, Ill give you that hes a tad arrogant but I dont necessarily think a leader whos sure of himself is a bad thing.

He also mocked the physical disability of a man on live TV by making physical mockeries.

If true its pretty disgusting but if thats the worst you got I dont think its gonna stop him from being a great POTUS

Trump is also a lifelong oligarchal familial pal of the Clintons.

Something tells me they wont be friends anymore

If you were to consider me a Trump hater because the MSM "says so," you're completely wrong.

The reason you hate him is irrelevant, hes been voted in as president and if youre a patriotic American you should support the democratic system that put him there.
I support youre right to whinge, hell Im sure at some stage most of us Pro Trumpers will be bitching and moaning about him as much as you are.

Oh yeah - and the fact that Donald was given MUCH more air time than Clinton... yet he's "anti-establishment," somehow.

FFS are you serious???
Its obvious you havent watched a TV in years as basically every time Trump was mentioned it was in a negative way, it was a constant barrage and #storm directed his way, no celebs saying his great, no endorsements from the current POTUS just an unrelenting smear campaign.
The saying "theres no such thing as bad publicity" is true for just about everything except politics

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Did he spend more through his businesses than he spent out of pocket, or is this just a intellectual-dishonesty-a-thon?

Here's the FEC filing that CNN was reporting on This was filed by the RNC, and the data here confirms what the CNN analysis said.

Here's the detailed disbursements by payee (among other pages of that report) that CNN went through that confirms how much was spent on products from businesses that he owns.

I did not run the numbers and out-of-pocket expenses aren't shown. Some interesting stuff in there, however (Some Uber drivers were used for transport of something, for example.)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

i have just looked down the list - and 2 INDEPENDANT companies recieved over 69 million

i realise that not every company trump owns has " trump " in the tittle - but his trump braned companies netted < 850 k from the campaign

and all these companies would have had to supply goods and services - so how much did trump REALLY enrich himself ???????????????

not making any allegations // accusations - but if it was me and i wanted a skim - i would have offered the 2 companies detailed above a simple deal :

in excange for exclusive contracts on the campaign - i want a 2% kickback [ that can be hidden with ease in 69 MILLION worth of invoices with utter ease ]

and badum ching - 1.4 million - for NOTHING

just sayng - by focusing on the minutea of " trump paid his companies " - people are missing the reall POTENTIAL scope for larcent and kickbacks

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

i have just looked down the list - and 2 INDEPENDANT companies recieved over 69 million

Would that be GILES-PARSCALE and America Media Group (which buys ads)? AMG is certainly non-controversial (it buys media ads on behalf of its clients), but you really should google Giles-Parscale. Unless there's another firm of this name, the one coming up is a small web design company with a review of "very poor" that's based in San Antonio.

Curious, eh?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Besides the fact Trump runs multiple honest to goodness businesses unlike almost all President's in my lifetime especially the one who's never so much as run a popsicle stand.

One has to consider that it would be stupid of him to enrich any organization tied to or in support of his opposition.

That includes DNC, Major Media, RNC and businesses that had never Trump ties.

Smart man that leveraged his assets correctly by spending and winning with half what his opponent Clinton spent.

Besides not having to resort to taking Saudis millions.

Butt Hurt is strong lately and shows poor poor grace of the other party in general.

The pendulum response to this silliness is going to just push things farther to the right if it continues.

Flyovers will support.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

no i have looked at the figures - where does the CNN claim of " millions " come from ??????????????

i got < 820 thousand

but i guess when making crap up - " millions " sounds better

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
RNC didn't give Trump a dime. This election has cost Trump money out of his pocket. Everything Trump did was admitted to be legal. Another non issue. Do they have any shame?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

You clearly don't follow politics then, or are new to this.

If Trump were "anti-establishment," he would've gotten the Ron/Rand Paul and/or Bernie Sanders treatment.

I don't give a # what "celebrities," (LOL), or the talking heads on the TV have to say. They're ALL paid actors/actresses - not journalists.

To think that Trump didn't profit (not in the monetary sense) from having his name PLASTERED EVERYWHERE is straight up ridiculous.

I don't hate Trump. I think he's a part of the establishment he is supposedly against - and his cabinet picks are pretty #ing indicative of just that.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Drain the swamp indeed. This is unprecedented according to the article. Trump spend millions of campaign dollars on his own businesses. Yes he's smart at business- smart at enriching himself. How anyone can believe he wants to help regular people is beyond me.

money.cnn.com...

Also according to the article:

"If he did it legally and it was in the ordinary course of business, you have to say that he's allowed to do that," Noble said. "If he was doing it to make a profit off of it, and he charged more than he was supposed to have charged, then there is a problem." There is no evidence the Trump campaign did that.

So it was allowed and because he happened to own companies that had food, planes, etc....all the things campaigns need, he used his own companies. Likely at a discounted rate as well.

Way to go....yet another non-story about Trump!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Cnn is not a legitimate news source

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
So it was allowed

Not only was it allowed but he was legally required to do so. He would be in breach if he did not pay his company.

He did exactly what the federal government says he had to do, and followed every law .. but hey why let that get in the way.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

no i have looked at the figures - where does the CNN claim of " millions " come from ??????????????

i got < 820 thousand

but i guess when making crap up - " millions " sounds better

Look again.

5. Covering Period 20-OCT-16 Through 28-NOV-16

If you look at the title, this is what the Republican Party spent on the election just during that month. These were expenses that Trump sent to the RNC (and not paid by Trump, but were paid by the Republican Party.)

After people complained that the news was fake, I went out to see what the source was. As was stated in the article itself, this was from the Federal Election Commission filings. I wanted to point out to people that they can easily verify news from the original source.

Do look up the expenses for the other months (bills that Trump sent to the RNC in the months since he was selected as the Republican candidate.

(sigh) Here's the search form for the Federal Election Commission reports - showing what political parties reported that they paid. Put "Republican Party in the scroll down box and "all states" - at the bottom box you must select Presidential or you will get district level disbursements

Should you have trouble, these are the Federal Election Commission filings for the Republican Party - expenses submitted by Trump for his campaign

The disbursements (bills they paid and who they paid) are schedule B
edit on 17-12-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

I love how whenever a bombshell is released about Trump, you supporters instantly compare him to Hilary. You know sociopaths do that to their victims when they are confronted with the truth? Trump does it masterfully. It seems like Trump supporters are slowly adopting the personality of their covert abuser.

Oh, yeah, you know who else forces their victim to adopt their personality? You guessed it, the narcissistic sociopath. Yep. First he breaks you down, then he rebuilds your identity in accordance with his. It can be done overtly or covertly.

But the more pressing question is this: Who are you going to compare Trump to 8 months down the line, when Obama and HIlary fades from the world stage adopts a more background role?

When Donald does these same things (or even worse), who are you going to use as a comparison? Are you ever going to hold Donald accountable for anything he says or does?

That is the real question.
edit on 17-12-2016 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join