It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hope has died in America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: AboveBoard

I'm old. Probably going to die soon regardless. I just didn't want to spend my remaining years under a Hillary regime.

Even a horrible Trump is better than Hillary.

Don't fret. Things will still suck.

Oh great. That's like lighting a match to the country and saying "I felt like burning this down. I was angry and didn't want to deal with you rotten kids and your so-call 'progress' anymore. You clean it up. I'm going to die so it's all on you. Enjoy losing your Medicare and Social Security. It doesn't effect me, because old and dying, but you kiddos have fun! Hope you survive!!"

Sigh.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Obama finally delivered Hope and Change!

Trump won.

See what I mean?

Thread title should be changed to "LEFTIST Hope has died in America".

edit on 17-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
You can laugh now, but by the time the new Admin ends social security and medicare, ends minimum wage, allows massive pollution and fraud, ends the ability to sue companies or even report on the bad things they do, and lets religious people treat everyone else like garbage it will be hopeless in America.

Eight years ago we were blessed with an election that gave us Obama as President elect and a Democrat controlled House and Senate.
That lasted two years.
The Democrats were so successful that they lost control of Congress.
We should have had heaven on Earth.......

People get tired of being fed BS.
That is why Hillary lost.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Bah humbug... I fail at quoting...

wobbles off in search of the water of life.
edit on 17-12-2016 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Oh great. That's like lighting a match to the country and saying "I felt like burning this down. I was angry and didn't want to deal with you rotten kids and your so-call 'progress' anymore. You clean it up. I'm going to die so it's all on you. Enjoy losing your Medicare and Social Security. It doesn't effect me, because old and dying, but you kiddos have fun! Hope you survive!!"

I am an old fart too, and I have been fighting the good fight all my adult life. Actually, I wrote my first letter to the editor at age 13, in response to a cowardly act that caused injury to several people. The act was being ignored by the community because the people injured were from poor families and the perpetrators were children of the wealthy and powerful in the area. I was only 13 but I knew it wrong and I stood up and said something.

The only thing I ever got in return for standing up and fighting for what I thought was good for my community and country was a kick in the teeth and being renamed at the whim and the amusement of those that were in disagreement.

Like DBCowboy, my time is also short. I have fought as much as I can. I am afraid the time has come to pass the torch. There is much that is wrong with this country that I tried to warn others about, and I tried to fight against. The older I became the less my voice was heard. Now our old farts voices are not just being drowned out, but we are ridiculed and we have been deemed useless and archaic.

So you can't put all the blame for the condition our condition is in on us old farts. We have no more control over dying than we do over the minds and the will of those that are following us. Most of us will fight until our last breath but we will likely be fighting alone, because your generation's dreams, desires, and priorities will take precedence over ours. We will try to hold on to those old ideas that we treasure and fight for those things we don't want to lose, but they are likely to be of little value to you, because you can't miss what you can't measure.

We will lament a world that no longer exists and will have no more than historical value to you and the generations to come. I remember as a child listening to my elders telling us children stories about the world they grew up in as children. Now it is our time to tell the stories of what used to be.

I am sorry you feel we have failed you. Perhaps it will be the impetus you need to do a much better job than we did.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I am an old fart too, and I have been fighting the good fight all my adult life. Actually, I wrote my first letter to the editor at age 13, in response to a cowardly act that caused injury to several people. The act was being ignored by the community because the people injured were from poor families and the perpetrators were children of the wealthy and powerful in the area. I was only 13 but I knew it wrong and I stood up and said something.

The only thing I ever got in return for standing up and fighting for what I thought was good for my community and country was a kick in the teeth and being renamed at the whim and the amusement of those that were in disagreement.

Like DBCowboy, my time is also short. I have fought as much as I can. I am afraid the time has come to pass the torch. There is much that is wrong with this country that I tried to warn others about, and I tried to fight against. The older I became the less my voice was heard. Now our old farts voices are not just being drowned out, but we are ridiculed and we have been deemed useless and archaic.

So you can't put all the blame for the condition our condition is in on us old farts. We have no more control over dying than we do over the minds and the will of those that are following us. Most of us will fight until our last breath but we will likely be fighting alone, because your generation's dreams, desires, and priorities will take precedence over ours. We will try to hold on to those old ideas that we treasure and fight for those things we don't want to lose, but they are likely to be of little value to you, because you can't miss what you can't measure.

We will lament a world that no longer exists and will have no more than historical value to you and the generations to come. I remember as a child listening to my elders telling us children stories about the world they grew up in as children. Now it is our time to tell the stories of what used to be.

I am sorry you feel we have failed you. Perhaps it will be the impetus you need to do a much better job than we did.

1,000 stars for you. I don't have to read anything else on ATS today. This post was all that was needed.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: CB328
You can laugh now, but by the time the new Admin ends social security and medicare, ends minimum wage, allows massive pollution and fraud, ends the ability to sue companies or even report on the bad things they do, and lets religious people treat everyone else like garbage it will be hopeless in America.

Eight years ago we were blessed with an election that gave us Obama as President elect and a Democrat controlled House and Senate.
That lasted two years.
The Democrats were so successful that they lost control of Congress.
We should have had heaven on Earth.......

That is why Hillary lost.

Yep. And Obama was very much in office when the government decided to take liberties with my retirement checks. According them it is because of a lack of funding. In the mean time, while I am waiting to hear their BS excuses, I am told I have to wait because they are processing asylum seekers for first time benefits, with the aide of a State provided interpreter, as a priority.

But they will try to pawn the decrease in Retirement, Social Security and Medicare benefits off on the next guy. Just some more BS.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

This is SO obviously untrue. People are slopping up BS at a rate that is unpresidented (sic) and they keep clamoring for more.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Mrs. Obama does not speak for all of us.

For the first time in many years I feel hope for the future of this country.
I am now hopeful for a better future for my children and grandchildren.

This country was going in a bad direction for a long time.
Some of you may be too young to have noticed, because it probably started before you were old enough to notice.

I remember better times. I remember a country that had pride. We had pride in the "Made in USA" labels. We had pride in the USA flag. We had pride in how we were viewed by other countries.

We had pride in working for a living. We knew that if we tried hard, we could support our families. We could feel confident when we graduated high school that we could find a decent job, and a decent home, and provide for our family. We could go to college if we wanted to, and actually pay for college, as it cost much less then.

I could go on and on about the many ways that our country has changed for the worse, but, I am going to try and let the past go and look forward to a better future.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
How soon she forgets....

Michelle Obama: First Time proud of USA

What changed ?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Shes so wrong, so wrong.

Shucks Hope is alive and well for the rich

But not if your poor

Immigrant, a minority, a Muslim, Mexican, Middle class, lower middle class,

But for the rich

Happy times are here again

Actually they never left since Obama was a fake

Now we got the real thing in Trump

A real lover of the rich

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh Dear, you are so right hope was killed by Obama when he craped on it and then he turned around and pee all over change.

Michelle is right they killed hope and change while they were in the white house, but she is wrong about no having anymore, is going to be a new boss now.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I'm leaving this world to my kids, not torching the place out of hatred for some extreme leftist ideologists.

Things will be fine.

You may have to get by with more individual freedom and suffer through paying less in taxes, but I think you'll manage.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I'm leaving this world to my kids, not torching the place out of hatred for some extreme leftist ideologists.

Things will be fine.

You may have to get by with more individual freedom and suffer through paying less in taxes, but I think you'll manage.

Good thread, Cowboy. F&S. I guess what to hope for was a
good pointer for where it went, eh? I can suppose with my
own political bent; someone with the upbringing of Michelle
having no reason for hope is a nudge for my own.

On the other hand and with a lot more data in my calculator,
there's still hope (if I was her) that the Electoral College will
go renegade and save the old man's legacy. It's still only Saturday:
and this town is like a Vlad Lenin cassette stuck on FF+play.

I'm grateful to not be her, and even more so not to have anyone
around of my own to hand off this sandwich... maybe one of the
things I did right.

2nd edit: my first imbed. Went smooth but wanted to find something
that sounded loud. Guess I need a new hearing aid or bigger bass rig.

edit on 17-12-2016 by derfreebie because: Cory Taylor is an acquired taste... and salty.

edit on 17-12-2016 by derfreebie because: we got left behind.....

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

Thank you.

We do live in interesting times!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: choos

Fight back against the lack of taxes and new jobs!

with this line i cant tell if you are trolling or not..

I know. Trump has already destroyed the country, and Carrier laid off all it's employees ... oh wait ...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She's only proud when she gets her way...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
My hope died in 2010. It's finally coming back.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hope in internal.

Hope is not supplied by the government.

People who depend on the government for hope are always going to be disappointed.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Hope in internal.

Hope is not supplied by the government.

People who depend on the government for hope are always going to be disappointed.

That's what liberals want, people dependent on the government.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join