It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US " civil war "

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: blood0fheroes

Just to note, the South thought of itself as a new nation and saw the American Civil War as a war of secession, but Lincoln and the north never recognized the sovereignty of the Confederacy and thus saw it as a civil war. The north won, so history has come to call it the American Civil War. I trying to say that if the south had won your first point would be a little more valid but, the confederacy only existed in the minds of the south.

Anyway, everything else you have to say is absolutely wonderful, and I agree and thank you for pleading against a civil war and/or violent action to try and get some political agenda accomplished. Violence and war for selfish gain, even if you seem to think you are protecting something, only leads to more hate.

I too have no desire to kill, and I thank you for dealing with the horrors of war and defending the hope of a better tomorrow based on the rights we have today.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

No. This isn't about "slaying progressives."

This is about a governing process that is being undermined/coming unraveled. America can survive bad presidents, even one as colossally bad as the progressives are imaganing Trump will be, so long as the governing process remains intact. It provides for the orderly and peaceful periodic transition of power, as Hillary and the progressives so shrilly reminded us after the last debate. And now we watch forces at work trying to undermine or unravel that process in favor of their chosen candidate.

This is dangerous. It risks telling the average American across a large majority of states that their votes no longer matter. Now I know a lot of people here think this is already the case, but for most people, this is what they firmly believe. If you do not like how DC is governed, you wait your turn and vote at the elections. If the process by which your voice is heard every other year no longer matters ... what then?

The average American has NO voice. We are now ruled. Do you think Americans will stand for that?

Look carefully at government numbers for Congress and the even the SCOTUS. They are well below 50%. Look at numbers for the press. They are in the toilet too. This is dangerous. Things are not going to be "smoothed over" as easily as they think.

Maybe we need to stop calling this civil war and start calling what it really might be: Revolution.

Now, make no mistake, I don't want this. No one does, but the answer to it is to leave the process in place. Let Trump have his chance. If he blows it, there are legal remedies. He will be under threat of impeachment from day 1, and it's not like he has the race card or press immunity to cover for him. Republicans don't even like him. If he steps out of line, they will bring him down or at least try.

And i maintain there are certain things that the majority of Americans simply will not stand for no matter who brings them on the table.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: ignorant_ape

A few Americans live in TV-Show Land. They imagine slaying 'progressives' on the streets of America will be like double-tapping zombies in The Walking Dead. In their reality, 'snowflakes' are identified by the signs they always carry with them. They think progressives are born that way like a distinct species so there's no moral consequence to killing someone's daughter, son, father or mother.

They don't see the irony that going out to kill people over beliefs is exactly what being 'triggered' is. Murdering opposing beliefs is an extreme form of creating a 'safe space.'

This, tiny, tiny, teensy small minority are saying 'civil war' when what they really mean is mass slaughter and death squads. There is no other side.

I bet they've already got their outfits figures out lol. "Hmmm. Leather chaps and waistcoat? Cowboy style? Boots and camo gear? All black jumpsuit with cross-over bandoliers??"

I have never heard of the right "wanting" to just slaughter the left. If you pay attention to current events, the left is who would initiate the violence to begin with. People on the right, and preppers, are only preparing to defend against THEIR violence.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I want this t-shirt!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: ignorant_ape

If the Democratic process is undermined by subversive elements it will be the duty of patriotic Americans to restore the Republic by any means necessary. This is fundamental to the freedom and liberty on which this country is based.

Not everyone values their lives so much they would agree to live in tyranny. If you don't understand this then I feel sorry for you.

Well said. But I consider Trump a 'tyrant' and others of his ilk and, I assume, you would consider the left the tyrannical.

Do you think both opinions, both patriots, could work together to end the corporate Tyranny?

I believe that many viewpoints would have to learn to tolerate each others, perfectly valid if variously reasoned, in order for a movement to end Corporate Tyranny.

Many people voted for Mr Trump from a sincere desire to loosen Crony 'run-amok' Capitalism but he is a posterboy for Crony Capitalism. (in the hope of heading off the "Hillary is worse" responce - I think she would have been worse for the country because of her somewhat benign presentation - I voted for neither...)

There seem to be these "Government is the Enemy" types that vote in favor of the very thing, in this case Crony Captialism, their rhetoric would seem to despise and their only defence is "Government is Bad" without offering an alternatives.

Any grouping of people requires governance. But 60 million US citizens voted for Authoritarian/Corporate governance. Apparently in an effort to "help average folk" and put an end to Crony Capitalism.

Does no one else see the inherent contradictions in this?

So we have (generally speaking) patriots that lean left and those who lean right. Both seem to agree to a degree that corruption in governance (public and private) is a bad thing. Those that want no governance and those that want a collective or some type of democratic governance.

And ... we find ourselves and our 'institutions' going around in circles in perpetuity. Rather circling the drain meerly because of lack of tolerance and good will. Self-centered, greed. Tis the season.

Back when things were 'working okay' and getting better the country as a whole was much more moderate and had more good will.

There will be a civil war, it's already begun, in schools and towns, families and churches, and it may well be the beginning of the end of this particular form of governance.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hiya Ket, I was saying a 'tiny' minority of people like to mutter dark warnings about 'civil wars' if Trump isn't president. They usually tend to be the same type of people who've dehumanised the 'progressives' to the point of seeing them as sub-humans. They're the same ones I've seen suggesting protesters should be run over and/or deserve to be beaten.

Who cares what side they're on if they see violence as a solution to protest?

I don't see the world as Left and Right and neither do I think there should be a do-over or recount. I agree with you that Trump's day is here and so be it

top topics

<< 1   >>

join