It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Calls CIA "Disgraceful!" For Refusing To Present Evidence On Russian Hacking

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

If they do not reveal it, to our congress...[b/]

Our Congress?

Who are a bunch of olden-#s that don't understand squat about the "inter-webs"?

Are you serious?

???

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Simple answer

The CIA and FBI cannot release the evidence.

Releasing the evidence would give insight into our methods of obtaining said evidence, as well as information on government cyber security systems.

It would pose a threat to national security.

Therefore, classifed.

They can however tell us the conclusion of what they did find,

This isnt just one agency that it saying it was Russia folks... its all of them..

Including the 2 biggest

Did they learn nothing from the Snowden incident?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dan00

If they do not reveal it, to our congress...[b/]

Our Congress?

Who are a bunch of olden-#s that don't understand squat about the "inter-webs"?

Are you serious?

???

Who do you think voted them in? And yes I am serious. They have to know for sure that it is the truth to proceed. That is what they are there for. To run America for the people. Or would you rather have another Iraq on our hands.
edit on 17-12-2016 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I'm well aware that Congress needs to know, or at least the various committees and sub-committees do, what's going on. That is why we vote 'em into office. Congressman King needs to practice a bit more discretion, and keep his flappin' gums shut.

We have no intrinsic right to know these things. Is there any one of us who isn't dyin' to find out though? I certainly do. But I also understand the need for secrecy. There are lives, other than my own, that may hinge on whether the right, or wrong, folks know this stuff--whatever the stuff is.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I agree that we (people) aren't entitled to everything as to what's going on behind the scenes...

But we are entitled to the TRUTH as to what is being reported as NEWS...

Gray area with all the outlets, and the desire of the media to make the advertisers happy...

That's not NEWS... NEWS is often boring... NEWS if often unsettling... NEWS may reflect negatively on our Country...

We don't need Jack Nicholson types who walk that wall, deciding what the folks are ready to hear...

Tell us the TRUTH... If you hide TOO MUCH TRUTH.. perhaps, you aren't doing the will of the folks.. ?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I'm well aware that Congress needs to know, or at least the various committees and sub-committees do, what's going on. That is why we vote 'em into office. Congressman King needs to practice a bit more discretion, and keep his flappin' gums shut.

We have no intrinsic right to know these things. Is there any one of us who isn't dyin' to find out though? I certainly do. But I also understand the need for secrecy. There are lives, other than my own, that may hinge on whether the right, or wrong, folks know this stuff--whatever the stuff is.

lol. yeah it would be great to be in the know.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I'll be reading them with as much interest as you, my friend. Believe me.

...and like everyone else, trying to decide who is lying the least, and go from there.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

No argument at all.

The fourth estate has become a laughing stock in far too many cases. They're telling us what to think, rather than giving us the information to think about.

On this, we are agreed.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

I don't care if they know anything at all about the interwebs. That is not a prerequisite for the job--though it certainly helps. What I want from my elected representatives is a modicum of honesty, and an ability to think not only for themselves but for the folks who voted for 'em back home. Anything else is gravy.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

How can they be honest about something that no briefing will ever, in a million years, brief them about?

edit on 17-12-2016 by Dan00 because: ???k

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

"Russian Government confirmed to have hacked Hillary Clintons unauthorized private server to retrieve DNC / Podesta emails'

^^I'd love to see that come out in the headlines^^

Maybe that's why the alfa-bet agencies are tripping over each other dropping crap everywhere!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Expecting, demanding, anticipating a proof, a truth, an answer from the government, your so called elected officials and alphabet agencies, foreign countries etc because it's your right or in your best interest because they work for you the people is laughable.

There's got to be more to coming here anymore just for the sheer humor of reading these posts believing real people believe any of this nonsense. So whoever can put me in touch with whomever pays to comment and control a narrative on this stuff, I'd be grateful. I might as well get paid to interact and post replies whether legitimate or not. Some people are satisfied being told instead of reading between the lines.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

They only leaked it to the elite press. It's telling.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
We who elect our officials are entitled to know this so called proof. We interfere with many other sovereign states 'elections'. If the DNC was hacked 5hat reflects poorly on them or, that it was intentional to sow discord. Fact is the hacks showed criminal activity on their part and that's the bigger issue than who exposed it. AGAIN if you're highly sensitive top political level BS in t his country, the country that INVENTED the internet and not properly secure2, that should be a criminal charge in itself......pathetic.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

That is the crux of the matter, isn't it?

Too many secrets, split between too many people.

I'm not sure, actually I'm positive I don't know, how old you are, but you may recall the Church hearings of the seventies. I wasn't old enough to care, I had more important things to do, like recess etc...

But it's time, and past, for the intelligence services of the United States to be called to task. ...and that's only going to happen if we, as citizens, demand it, and make the demand stick.

We may have, only may, since it's way too early to know for sure, a President who might be one to push through something of this nature. Maybe.

It's up to us, as those citizens, to make sure Congress listens.

But not just the Congress and intelligence agencies. It's time to call the fourth estate to task and rein them in, as well.

The fourth estate is supposed to sound the alarm, not cause the alarm. They're supposed to warn of danger, not be the danger. The only way they're going to be brought to heel is through their pocket books--the bottom line.

None of that is going to happen, however, until we, the people, decide to make it happen.
edit on 12/17/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dan00
Yeah, well, # the Conressman from the state-of-wherever.

...Refusing To Present Evidence On Russian Hacking

Because providing evidence would expose how we are hacking them back.

How any American would miss this is beyond my ken.

And whatever.

And #.

S + F

Normally that might be a reasonable excuse.

But when the claims are a foreign Govt. directly influencing the US presidential election.

That goes right out the window. Especially given the CIAs tarnished reputation.

Put up or shut up

No one is going to take your word for it.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
To all those that believe the russian bogeyman stories without any evidence to present:

If you believe that really, isn´t that admitting that the US was hit by a regime change, done by the Russians?
Is it that what the US officials want to tell us?
That they can´t even defend against that "regional power" Russia and it´s Superputin from Planet Russia?

Ok, a nation that is damned to support terrorists because of his regime change wishes and greed for oil and is damned to be a simple spectator, while russia frees syrian cities from the western funded and supported "moderate" beheaders, a nation that let´s the chinese steel their spying submarine drones and the iranians do the same with hacked US air drones, seems to be not that "superpower" anymore, and won´t become it under "King" Trump, the messiah of the concerned, enraged and left-behind people, again.

A nation that ignites the whole world but isn´t able to fight a fire at home should get no more oil and matches.

So, if it really was a russian controlled regime change in the USA(xD), how does the own medicine taste?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Put up or shut up

No one is going to take your word for it.

exactly. Having been lied to before in the same way, forgive us if we don't just blindly believe things this time.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: khnum

Where does it say that we have an expectation/right to know anything?

You may want to know. Hell, I want to know. We do not have a right, or expectation, to know. Especially if it's an on-going matter under investigation.

It's why we hire/elect the right people into the positions that are supposed to know. Gives new meaning to the term informed voting, doesn't it?

Our government, our elected officials need to know so they can make arrangements on how to press forward. The public doesn't need to know, but our government definitely needs to know. Come one now.

Our government and elected officials have proven themselves incompetent and corrupt.
They have divided the people. If we had a legitimate attack against our freedoms from the outside, we would be hosed because we the people can't agree on anything.
A little truth would go a long way towards healing the country- but the establishment won't give us an inch.

Instead we've got legal propaganda taking over the media, and censorship spreading over our only real of communication.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Reminds me of the Aluminum Tubes from Iraq or the Nuclear Bomb from Iran. One agency saying one thing, all others stating something different.

Why should they show any evidence when there are plenty of people that just need to be told what to fear, in order to fear it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join