It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Past Life Memories be triggered by Movies or cause false memories?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This just a random thought that came into my head and I'm wondering if really really popular movies can you experience Deja's vu from a older movie before you were born? Or a Historical Movie/documentary listing date, times, places, events, and people involved?

One that you know for a fact that you have never ever seen before? Before watching it for the 1st time and then again and again on reruns. For example the Star Wars movies. I was born in 1992. The 1st Star Wars movie that came out was in 1977 then 1980 then 1983 then finally the 1st Star Wars movie I ever watched was in 1999 when I was 7 years old and never cared for the Movie. But then when I got older and watched the older movies I felt like I have seen them before even though I didn't. I never read any of the books, comics, or video games. But I felt like I knew the plot, scenes, and lines. But as far as past life memories go that is as far as I remember it. I still get that weird Deja's vu feeling even now when I watch reruns. Can movies that you may have watched from a past life that you really really enjoyed and watched a hundred times can it stick in your Soul Memory?

Another past life movie memory that sticks with me was the movie Scooby Doo and the reluctant Werewolf in 1988. Again 4 years before I was born but I remember watching it when I was 5 but felt like I had seen it before with no explanation.

Now for Historical Movies the only thing that may have triggered memories was when I was younger my Dad showed me a documentary on the Tsavo Man Eaters. Nothing caused more nightmares than that documentary. It took weeks for them to stop. And no historical event has ever caused nightmares like that documentary. Again they showed a re run of the documentary on the History Channel when I was in High School and it triggered those Nightmares again even though it was completely illogical to be having them when there are no lions any where near me for 100,000 miles. I couldn't tell if they were my memories or caused by the documentary though. If the documentary triggered them I wonder if I was one of the rail road workers that got dragged off and Eaten Alive?
The estimated number was 135 with many unaccounted for.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: StevemagegodWhy do you want to know what causes your nightmares? If you knew, what would you do about it. If it were one, you might do one thing and if it were another, you might do something else. Or you might, do the same thing in either case. Figure out what that might be, and do it.

add. Act as if both might be true for the simple reason that both might be.

edit on 31America/ChicagoSat, 17 Dec 2016 00:23:54 -0600Sat, 17 Dec 2016 00:23:54 -060016122016-12-17T00:23:54-06:001200000023 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Yeah Man,It's not You,it's just prob a previous life.I get those same feelings watching Woodstock 69..I literally get chills up my spine viewing it.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I constantly get deja vu watching films, especially the ones that I believe are allegorically explaining the truth of our existence. Do you feel like they are speaking directly to you? Here is from the end of Big Lebowski

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
When it comes to past lives there are many different studies out there. One study says that we are all on a continuous path that death is part of. Once a person dies they take on a new life, but will eventually continue on the same path. In this study it says that certain things can trigger moments where you sync with moments from your past life or lives.usually it's a feeling or a glimpse of resemblance in an interaction with a person place or thing. To be able to recollect movies or feel that you have seen them before could really make someone feel disoriented and confused about time and past lives. In regards to the documentary and the nightmares there is a study that I would like to talk about. In this study it says that time is not so linear as we think. Because we are accustomed to perceiving time as such most people think that the past is but memories. In this study it says that our minds when we are sleeping are able to see time in both directions so the past present and future all meld together and that is what we see,feel and experience when we are asleep and dreaming. Tie the two studies together and you may be having dreams of your past life and they were triggered by watching that documentary.

Toraylin.

edit on 17-12-2016 by toraylin3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Who on this planet is qualified to give you a factual answer to your question?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Who on this planet is qualified to give you a factual answer to your question?

I always thought it was more relevant to figure out this life, rather than erroneously musing about what may or may not have been past life scenarios.

What are we? What is our true nature? etc.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What's creepier is that I have run into people I know. And who know me.

Which sounds pretty normal, right? Only I'd never met these people. In each case, we ran into each other, both of us froze staring at the other one, and then we start swapping info like names of family members and job info, but although I know where he works and his kids and wife's name, and he mine, we can't figure out how we know each other.

And after long and careful comparison, we don't know each other at all, but we do. That's happened at least four times.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze

Yeah Man,It's not You,it's just prob a previous life.I get those same feelings watching Woodstock 69..I literally get chills up my spine viewing it.

I also figured it may be Cultural Memories to.

new topics

top topics

join