It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Mixon - Football RB suspended for striking a woman...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Hello. I am currently looking into Joe Mixon as he is just hitting headlines now. Joe hit a woman named Amelia after she had shoved and hit him in the face. The internet is kinda having a fit over this.

www.espn.com...

Personally, I think he should have held back a LOT more in his punch but regardless it was his call to make. He made it and I don't disagree entirely. I really don't think this guy should be suspended. I get it, we Americans grew up in a world telling us not to hit a woman for any reason. I just don't think it applies to defending yourself. I think a part of it is the media blowing it up to push this culture of women being victims. Regardless, the guy was hit, he hit back. If this was a case of Amelia being a weaker man doing the same thing it truly would be a non issue. A guy hits another guy in any sense and he has the right to defend himself. I believe in equality, that encompasses all aspects of life.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Well, for a victim, she was pretty ballzy. If you don't want someone to hit you, do not hit them. With that said, I am pretty sure a man of his stature could take a hit, with out the need to defend himself. I was punched in the mouth by a woman. All it took was a look to let her know I didn't go for that kind of thing. But if she was going crazy on him and would not stop hitting him, he was defending himself. I guess every situation is different.
edit on 16-12-2016 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Wait'll Sharia Law shows up. The liberals keep voting for it and their numbers are certainly growing.

There's a right way to do things ... and a wrong way. Sometimes, in the aftermath, you deal with the PC police.

If more women got the living Hell beat out of them in public today, there'd be a lot less problems in the world tomorrow.

And Nobody has never ever mistakenly labeled me as PC. LOL

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Who's Joe Mixon? and what is this NFL you speak of?

I used to enjoy sports... it used to create a winning spirit...

Those that failed to reach the pinnacle, had a GOAL.... to climb that ladder... get better...

Now? PC BS... disrespect the flag & National Anthem.. ( if the MSM agrees with the protest them perhaps they could skip that part of the pregame schedule, and also release their monopolistic control of the sport itself?)

In a normal world.. if a woman took to blows on a man, he probably deserved it, and he should take it... like a man..

That does not include striking blows on the fairer sex...

Yes, I am old school... KMA if you find a problem with that...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Sometimes, just maybe, if a woman wants to act like a man then maybe she needs to be treated like a man.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I dont think you should ever hit a lady.
I dont think a lady would ever hit anyone.
If a person hits you you hit them back, very simple logic

After watching the video the guy was way overboard, an openhanded slap to knock a bit of sense into her would have been sufficient.
His reaction was like using a bazooka to kill a fly, maybe he suffers from roid rage or something.

He deserves to be prosecuted and see the inside of a jail
edit on 17/12/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Now Id never strike a woman... Ive had to retrain women, and take them to the ground when they have gone ape#.. but I cant bring myself to punch one...

THAT BEING SAID...

Women cant keep doing this. Just because you are a woman doesnt give you a free pass to assault someone just because they are a guy.

Legally, this kid did nothing wrong. She pushed him, got in his face, and slapped him.. thats assault, the punch was legally justified.

Morally.. hes so much bigger and stronger its not fair.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I often wonder how other women feel about things like this. Personally, I feel that if a woman decides hit a man, she shouldn't play the victim if he hits her back.

There is a video out there of a woman repeatedly hitting her partner in his face, in a parking lot. It goes on for a while, too...she hits him over and over again. And you can see him trying to just walk away.

At one point, he actually grabs her shoulders and sets her back from him a couple of steps and he's talking to her. Then, he kisses her on the forehead...despite the fact that she had been viciously hitting him. And he tries to step away from her.

She goes after him, hits him several times...at one point she actually rocks his head back with a blow. Finally, he snaps and punches her once, knocks her down. TKO.

I was cheering him on when I saw that...because she deserved it. If that had been another woman she was beating like that, she'd have gotten her ass stomped. But because it was her man, she thought she could abuse him with impunity.

If that video hadn't existed, she could have pressed charges against him for assault, and her story would be believed, because she was this small woman and he was a much larger guy...who would think she could possibly hurt him so badly that he had to act in self defense? Not too many people would readily believe that.

As a woman, that seriously pisses me off. It is unfair and despicable to mistreat a man and then get away with it simply because they have a vagina. If that woman hit him, he had every reason to hit her back. Period. That's self defense. And if she had one shred of decency, she would admit that.

What's the ultimate message here? If you're a male and a female assaults you, your job is to stand there and take it, because it's not nice to hit girls.

Instances of females abusing males are a lot more common than one might think...but you rarely hear about it because it's not often reported. And most of the time, it's not reported because the true victims don't think they'd be believed...or worse, they'd look weak pressing assault charges on a woman half their size. That is seriously screwed up, and I have never agreed with that mentality.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'm wondering if the player said something insulting to the hot babe that warranted a slap in the face.She seemed to be totally oblivious to him until he said something that set her off.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
There was an elderly woman going off one day and she ended up hitting me and pushing me. As a female myself(younger) I guess I'd have full rights to smashing her face in! Sorry, I'm not like that, nor did I do that. I subdued her with martial arts until she calmed down enough to receive further help from friends.

This woman he hit, being college age especially, was a lot smaller than him a football player, and despite even that could have really done damage on her, more so than he did. What he did wasn't self defense of a small woman, it's was barbaric, he could have broken her neck, etc.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Sometimes, just maybe, if a woman wants to act like a man then maybe she needs to be treated like a man.

I agree with that, 100%.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

I agree with that, 100%.

So you 100% agree that woman could strike him like he struck her?

Sure looks like an unfair fight.

Should angry midgets get equal treatment too? I see those little bastards hitting people all the time. Lets punt them full force into dumpsters.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I agree with you whole heartedly. Equal rights mean equal responsibilities. She must be really dumb to go ape sh!t on a man most men wouldn't attack. Women are supposed to be treated like children by men but, also equals, this is utter BS. You can't have your cake and eat it too. How is it that ladies aren't legally held to hold a sense of agency? They're treated like children, slaps on the wrist and somehow it's always some guys fault.

I'm of fairly above average stature and, if hit by a man much weaker than myself i might be looked at as a bully but, he's also socially expected to be put in his place when he punches up. I've always found laughing it off is more emasculating than breaking them but, women nowadays are taught that they are moral superiors and can hit me full bore, to that I don't laugh it off I put them in their place for attacking a physical superior when they are not in the right. Violence against anyone should be discouraged. .: [ post=21655420]tigertatzen[/post]

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Look's like she shoved him, then looks like he spit in her face? then she slapped him..then he laid her out.
I think he well a little to hard, I think you can defend yourself..but.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
. I subdued her with martial arts

i almost spit my coffee out....
hilarious

on topic....i dont care either way.
ive never gotten into it with a woman like that or been hit by a woman....i would imagine if i was getting hit i would try to subdue with martial arts first but i would not be opposed to using martial arts on her face if it came to that.

i really dont like to get hit

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

How does one put themselves in a situation where they need to hit a woman? Be careful of the company you keep.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

He deserves to be prosecuted and see the inside of a jail

Actually if anything it would be the woman who would be prosecuted.

new topics

top topics

join