It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German politicians call for fake news used in a 'targeted campaign' to be made a crime

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

You still haven't answered how your first response to my post was related to George Soros.

I'm pretty sure both sides can unanimously agree that's ridiculous and State Pop votes should decide electorates, but after Trump won, all hope of actually changing the system was flushed down the toilet, the absolute total opposite of what was promised is now being pushed. Electorate College is good now!

In my defense I have never criticized the Electoral College or its standards. I save my criticism for the two parties and how they run their primaries.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

You still haven't answered how your first response to my post was related to George Soros.

My issue with the Soros comment is my same issue with Trump. I don't even want to start comparing them, one of the few times I'd prefer Trumps perspectives. However this may be due to Trump knowing less math than Soros, you wanted my opinion so whatever. It's hard for me to envision Trump making any more particularly pure hearted choices compared to Soros, had it been him. Soros is definitely out for himself, Trump isn't exactly the opposite of this. The second problem with Soros is there are many other people like him, and they don't fit in convenient little boxes like the idea "Russia". I'm not for or against this, just pointing out why it's annoying to contrast.

Trump to me literally looks like his 'for the people' speeches are newly scripted because thinking of others never once crossed his mind until he decided to run for office. The heartbleeding messages only continued to get better as eventually the establishment hijacked his body and the right people pushed him the right material as he took up momentum. He's a total puppet, you even get to watch him learn and evolve to these causes and even gain humanity. The single best thing I could say about Trump is I have seem him mildly humbled by being pushed forward and empowered with narrative he sometimes doesn't even understand himself.

In my defense I have never criticized the Electoral College or its standards. I save my criticism for the two parties and how they run their primaries.

There are a couple parts I disagree with. The voter suppression is heavily downplayed, to extents people act like it doesn't even exist.
MT, WY, ND, SD have the same population as Iowa, yet double the electoral votes, and Iowa isn't exactly huge. There are a couple factors to this, but to make matters worse, voting power isn't even something that should or needs to be diluted. Rural states ALREADY get default seats, the curve in the distributed electorates vs population is redundant.

As for the party system, my dream is 5 parties running and people legitimately thinking any of the 5 can win. Democracy is spread best when people take turns sharing power. The two party system is a sham so the same people can own the race each cycle.
edit on 17-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Wow, ok.

I specifically wanted to know what your thoughts were on Soros influencing the American election. Nowhere in my post did I compare him to Trump.

You seem to think that Trump is a puppet, that which I remain unconvinced of.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Wow, ok.

I specifically wanted to know what your thoughts were on Soros influencing the American election. Nowhere in my post did I compare him to Trump.

You seem to think that Trump is a puppet, that which I remain unconvinced of.

My opinion is when you're someone like Soros, influencing the election is what politics generally consists of. And my opinion is that Trump would agree.

And Trump is a puppet, just not a Republican one. It's actually a pretty wonderful compromise. Our guy gets to lead your boat.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

My opinion is when you're someone like Soros, influencing the election is what politics generally consists of. And my opinion is that Trump would agree.

So apparently you have no opinion on the issue and continuing to ask you for it is an exercise in futility, got it.

Our guy gets to lead your boat.

Who's guy and who's boat? I am confused.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

You being unable to be satisfied doesn't mean I don't have an opinion.

I sold Trump all of his airtime. You don't think business and politics ever collude?

People in positions like this aren't voting for with their hearts, they're voting for their wallets. Always.

Trump IMO good example of a Moderate when you get past rhetoric. You know, like policy and junk. I'd claim him.

The boat is Republicans.

God save us Trump gets assassinated and a real Republican becomes President.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I sold Trump all of his airtime.

What?

People in positions like this aren't voting for with their hearts, they're voting for their wallets. Always.

What people? What positions? Voting for what? You're so vague.

The boat is Republicans.

I'm not a Republican. I'm a registered Non Party Affiliate.

You should ask first before you make statements like that, you could save yourself the indignity.

edit on 12/17/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Trump used Targeted tv ads for the campaign. I sold him every single one he bought.

I'm speaking about Soros. Had he made minor differences in business choices earlier he could easily be a corrupt Republican instead. The issues is the cyclical relationship that is explicitly tied to people with corruption in business influencing politics, it really shouldn't matter to anyone what side of the politics.

IMO local lobby interests are more dangerous to American welfare than Russia. Not that I support the hackers.

Also who cares? I was talking about a boat metaphor with hyperbole and unity. You should go back and star it incase you missed that. No feels(jk)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Trump used Targeted tv ads for the campaign. I sold him every single one he bought.

So you sell ads? For whom? What network?

I'm speaking about Soros. Had he made minor differences in business choices earlier he could easily be a corrupt Republican instead. The issues is the cyclical relationship that is explicitly tied to people with corruption in business influencing politics, it really shouldn't matter to anyone what side of the politics.

Soros is neither dem nor republican, he is beholden to the party of the almighty dollar. He picks sides when it is convenient but is never beholden to anything other than his thirst for wealth & power.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I sell targeted ads. All Networks filter all their customers through our company in the first place. Campaign commercials specifically are almost always targeted. Nothing wrong there right!

Yeah, I totally believe Soros could change 'sides' at the drop of a hat, that was more or less my point. His involvement is economical, not political.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I would have though Germany would of had a law like that already given J. Goebbels past.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
Yeah, I totally believe Soros could change 'sides' at the drop of a hat, that was more or less my point. His involvement is economical, not political.

If you seriously think that you couldn't be more naive and/or simply ignorant of the topic. Start by reading the Soros wiki bio. While he'll 'talk his book' like any rich guy, Soros is extremely ideologically driven. Even 5 minutes of simple internet research should show you that. Making money while he wages ideological warfare is just a smart way to make sure he can keep it going.

As close as you get to being right is basically that he is the grandaddy of high frequency trading and has used the press to help him make huge amounts of money in a few very high profile cases, mainly when he famously crushed the pound. Even then, it was more about his actual market bets than the news around them, as other traders are aware of the data. And it should be noted that even crushing the pound served his internationalist agenda, although the UK never gave in and joined the Euro.

I mean seriously, if George Soros is not ideologically driven, then black is white, night is day, etc. He may change 'sides' but never his ideology, not at his age. It'd be far more likely that the proper way to describe what was happening was that the politician in question was changing sides, rather than Soros, i.e. he'll successfully buy off some Republicans.
edit on 17-12-2016 by 11andrew34 because: clarification

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join