It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Husband Is Defending Democracy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
i guess he did see all that.
and he decided to stop.
he has the right to choose, doesnt he?

No my friend he does NOT have the right to choose.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Heartfelt Bravo sgt. kevin Benderman !!!
It's the bigger man who can walk away! Well done!~

Sure, everybody just loves the benefits, free housing, food, just saving up your money, house loans, free medical, etc. But when Uncle Sam comes to collect, suddenly you're born again?

I wonder why the need to dangle such carrots to cajole poor dumb bastards into signing up?

[edit on 093131p://11019 by instar]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
I'd court-marshall his butt. when he signed up, he was signing up to be an instrument of war. he was trained to kill and survive. what did he think it was, the boy scouts ?

My friend, killing to defend your country is very much different from killing to impose your ideology. God said the latter is wrong.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Obviously you have no idea what the oath entails. Have you ever read it, or read the contract that is signed to go alone with it? Have you ever studied the Uniform Code of Military Justice? If you had done any of those things you would not be making such ridiculous statements.

No member of the armed forces will ever be penalized for disobeying an unlawful order. In the case of your example, that would be an unlawful order and no punishment could be passed out for not following it.

God and faith are above contracts. Do you really want to go to hell for doing things against God's teachings?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
A military member who refuses to follow orders can and will be prosecuted as per military law (which is very different from civilian). This is covered in Article 92 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Can your superior order you to commit suicide? Would you do it?
Perhaps this is illegal, but you are supposed to follow orders and let the legal system take care of it... after you are dead.

If your superior orders you to do something illegal, perhaps you can report the fact and things can be resolved, but what do you do when it's the chief commander ordering you? I only see the voice of God at this time and for sure it's right.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Going to need to physically prove the existence of 'hell' or 'heaven' first.
But that is for another topic, correct?

seekerof

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yes, you are right, however I would not question the religious beliefs of peoples.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
'KILLING TO DEFEND YOUR COUNTRY'

Fing JOKE

Like IRAQ was ever a threat.

He's right this world need peace not WAR - So BUSH & Co can get rich
SOME of you Americans are so dumb you don't even know why your at WAR

Go on soilder Tell what the world needs

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by undercoverchef
That’s why we should hang George Bush...

YEAH... HANG HIM HIGH

This sounds like a threat directed at the President of the United States!

I must tell you, this is not funny in the least bit!

Threats to the president is taken seriously!

You can disagree with his policies, but this goes beyond that!

Don't threaten the president's life!

[edit on 29/1/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by undercoverchef

Originally posted by skippytjc
Court marshal, dishonorable discharge then throw him in jail. How many soldiers will die because he has abandoned his duties and isn’t doing his part? He should be tried for murder.

What kind of “man” makes an oath to his country then turns tail and runs at the first sign of trouble? A coward, that’s who.

I’m sure he will sneak off to Canada where he will be welcomed with open arms. They can have him.

I totally agree... That’s why we should hang George Bush... He run and hid in his bunker when the planes hit the tower... and how many life’s has he ended through his bad decisions???

YEAH... HANG HIM HIGH

Here Here

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Looks like her husband is now getting to defend himself against a general court martial.

Los Angeles Times
February 24, 2005

Iraq War Objector May Face Court-Martial

By Times Wire Reports

An Army hearing officer has recommended a court-martial for a soldier charged with desertion after he refused to deploy to Iraq.

In a Feb. 16 report just released, Lt. Col. Linda Taylor recommended that Sgt. Kevin Benderman face a general court-martial, the most serious type. The procedure requires approval from Ft. Stewart's General Court-Martial Convening Authority.

Benderman, 40, an Army mechanic, refused to accompany his unit Jan. 7 for a second tour in Iraq, 10 days after he gave notice that he was seeking a discharge as a conscientious objector. He said he became opposed to war after serving in 2003. He is charged with desertion and missing movement.

For the record he was charged with the following:
The specification under article 85 charged Benderman with desertion and intent to avoid hazardous duty in connection with Operation Iraqi Freedom, and the specification under Article 87 charged him with missing the unit’s movement, or deployment to Kuwait (the staging area for military forces entering Iraq).

[edit on 24/2/05 by COOL HAND]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join