It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic’ just made history with its new cover--9 year Old Transgender Activist

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JWallyUSA

You can say what you like but you said they should stay in their basements. It is you wanting to curtain freedoms of your fellow americans.
Freedom eh? only when it suits the people you want eh?.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zeta Reticuli
a reply to: veracity

The topic is on switching genders.
We are all Gods creatures so why cant i compare my dog to this human?

Because it's inhumane to do this to a dog without proposed consent. Even if you were correct your dog is trans, not all trans are prepared to go to surgery, or want to, and to just subjugate it to that would be nearly torture.

I mean, but we know you know this, and you're just echoing a narrative for these rational people to destroy and sharpen their debate skills.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Ahhhh gotcha...so EAST is good and WEST is baaaad.
I guess I'll start practicing Sharia law then...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

If you think they are freaks that's fine!
But you have to give freaks the same rights as everyone else because you are a freak to some other people too and you want rights.

If you really want to upset a trans person learn a little more about them.
Everyone has good reason to be hated, you should put the homework in rather than just hating someone because of something they have no choice over.

link   

Wow what a massive snowflake. What's it like to be so offended all the time?.

link   

Ahhhh gotcha...so EAST is good and WEST is baaaad.
I guess I'll start practicing Sharia law then...

That is not what i said...I was explaining that the eastern world believes in reincarnation as a natural part of life, the western world does not know much of it. And Christopher Columbus was bad.

(post by JWallyUSA removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

So its not a possibility to do something extremely stupid at age of 9 and have regrets over it when your 12? or 18? or 33?

What good is having their "consent" when you know it has a huge probability of them regretting it later on? Are you saying I should've gotten that tattoo idea when I was 13 bc i still would've still agreed with it when i'm in my 30's?

(post by JWallyUSA removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It is true that when a trans person agrees to put themselves on the cover of a widely distributed magazine, they put themselves in the lime light for insults.

The bigots are easily spotted by being the insulters.

More than being in the lime-light for insults, they create hope for others and bring light and understanding to those who do not understand. The good outweighs the bad in this case and calling out the bigots is fun.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The real question is do you think you thinking trannies are not okay is allowed to impose that belief on others?

You don't even see the hypocrisy brethren. Hell yes peoples will fisticuffs over this. People will die over this, just like every other person that's ever felt oppressed ever.

You should have respect for the melting pot that is America. Every denomination is in our military, and they're the finest soldiers. Apply a bit more of that logic to your general life.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

So siding with switching my dogs gender who is acting like a male is ignorant but not my 9yr son who no longer wants a penis?

do whatever you want babe

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

a reply to: imjack

So its not a possibility to do something extremely stupid at age of 9 and have regrets over it when your 12? or 18? or 33?

What good is having their "consent" when you know it has a huge probability of them regretting it later on? Are you saying I should've gotten that tattoo idea when I was 13 bc i still would've still agreed with it when i'm in my 30's?

That's a lot of hyperbole. You never really set yourself up for entertaining the idea.

People always say they shouldn't have got certain tattoos. Do you think there is no one who regrets never getting a certain one?

Why are transitions that are early most accepted, while simultaneously looked down on? The answer is simple, they're more accepted as the person they are from a young age. The part about looking down on people is that they can't think for themselves.

If you don't want to have serious conversations with children, and that changes can prevent them from having children themselves, protecting their 'greater interest' only goes so far. Maybe you shouldn't be a parent.

I honestly hear this hypothetical situation a lot, and I'll raise you the valid one: Would you prefer to have been wrong, and said child of now 30 hate you for the rest of their life? That's what happens in these cases in reality.

It's pretty simple, you're putting your interest infront of your childs, you can argue it's for their 'benefit' as puberty overtakes them and causes irreversible changes that blockers do prolong and prevent.
edit on 20-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

So siding with switching my dogs gender who is acting like a male is ignorant but not my 9yr son who no longer wants a penis?

You are the one equating your dog with your 9 year old son. I think you have larger issues to resolve.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zeta Reticuli

You don't have sex reassignment surgery when you are 9. You don't take hormones when you are 9.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Oh, how am I not surprised at the wonderful direction this thread has taken.

ATS used to be a place of learning, discussion and exchange of ideas, not a platform for name calling and expressing outright hatred and ignorance. It is shameful. Maybe it's all the lead in the water or maybe a lot of people got dropped on their heads as infants or something but try growing the fk up and acting and thinking like adults once and a while.

You know there are people at the end of your insults and lives and families fundamental things like health, happiness and safety are under attack by your words and attitudes. What ever happened to live and let live or is it now okay to be up in everyone's business you don't agree with or don't understand? What ever happened to the ideal of being your own person in control of your own destiny or has an individual's autonomy and agency now become a matter needing approval from the masses that sit in judgment behind their keyboards? It's almost like many of you are trapped in your own lives and can't acknowledge how unhappy about it you are?

I feel for some of you living in your small closed off minds that will never know what it truly means to be in control of your life, to achieve your highest ambitions and live with the satisfaction that you have overcome the greatest of obstacles in the face of all adversity and opposition. I've climbed Mt. Everest, I've won the Indy 500, I've walked on the moon. Not literally of course because I'm completely grounded in reality but what the hell have you ever done and when you get old how many things are you going to look back on and say "I wish I woulda..."?

I can easily say most of you will never even know yourselves or figure out what makes you tick beneath the layers of programming and reactionary response. That's too bad. I know it sucks to be you so I won't hold it against you but step back and get the hell out of the way of those that have figured out what it takes to make the world work best for them. You should all be so lucky.

Got things to say? Say it to my face because it might help to think about these things in terms of people not concepts you can't grasp. I'm a big girl and can take it but don't expect to throw shade and bulls**t and your complete lack of knowledge and understanding around about this subject to go without counter.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Intersex is real and not imagined. Now what?

It's also a statistical non-issue.

There's a lot of people though.
Those statistical non-issues add up.

Intersex anomalies occur. And yes, they are people.

There's enough of them that it makes sense to get along.

'Get along' does not mean 'modify society around their existence.' We don't change how society works for the colorblind, albinos or synesthetics. Why change for intersex and people who claim to be transgender?

Even if they were a massive threat to society (which they aren't as evidenced by history) there isn't a solution. They pop up all over the place.

Who said they were a threat? They are a statistical outlier.

We should have far more fear of people over 7 foot. The numbers could be similar (This is a complete guess).

What is to fear?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

So much ignorance and closed minds by choice.

I'm here far less then I used to be too.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join