It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic’ just made history with its new cover--9 year Old Transgender Activist

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: inferno787
Watch this video. It's a transsexual discussing this boy's change.
His parents are doing this completely and have warped this poor kids brain.

m.youtube.com...

You should really read the thread in its entirety. You are repeating something that has already been discussed.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Ah sorry I made it through like 2 pages and couldn't go on due to dumb viewpoints of people who have no clue.
I'll do that in the future.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Man that woman in the video thinks she knows more than a whole community of psychologists and psychiatrists. Why are people who are against this generally think they're the experts?

edit on 12/19/2016 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Because they are the Archie Bunkers of this world. That reference dates me, but if you know who I mean, then you know what I'm talking about.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

LOL yep I do know what you're talking about.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

If people can't see how dumb this whole "born in the wrong body" nonsense is then it's a reflection of how dumb they are too.

I think it's the dumbest thing ever. Being born male but growing up to be a girl/woman is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard of. I probably wouldn't believe it either if that's how my life hadn't turned out. Personally, I think it's more bulls**t than nonsense but in either case, the whole thing has been a pain in the ass and something I would have much preferred to never have had to deal with. My life would have been so much simpler had I been born in the "right" body as a female.

Some people seem so obsessed with "observing peoples rights" to "be what they choose to be" that they are in fact I think suffering from the same mental disorder as the person who is "confused", and they are NOT helping them, they are feeding their psychosis.

I think what it all comes down to for both the person "trapped in the wrong body" and the people who advocate for them, is a lack of self esteem and self value, and the belief that if they can transform into something else then everything will be just fine and dandy.

That's why a lot of men who have a change in gender don't call themselves "susan" or "Ellie" they opt for sme made up exotic name like "Mjca" (meekah) - which is a real example.

FWIW, I have never been "confused" even slightly and by the way, people with mental disorders or psychosis do not get approved for surgery or other treatments. Following the guidelines of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), hormones aren't even prescribed without three months of counseling and evaluation to weed out those with other problems.

Yeah, self esteem, self value and self love come pretty hard when you're trans considering the shame and derision many of us are raised with just for being who we are and the depression and anxiety all just par for the course. That's why supporting and affirming transgender children, inclusivity in the educational system and getting the professional help they need is so important so they won't grow up with all the problems of being different. Far too many and from what I can tell, most transgender kids of my generation didn't make it to adulthood.

Incidentally, my name is Elisabeth Diane ______. The name (and spelling) my mother would have used had I been born female.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

It takes a lot of courage to come on here and tell your personal story to people who think you simply need a "kick in the pants".

Kudos to you, friend.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: seasonal

She is being used by adults to forward a cause that the adults perceive there is Trans-hate around every corner, when there isn't.

You do understand this is a disorder you are born with.

Gender identity starts about age 3.

9 is pre-puberty and hormone blocker time.

This has nothing to do with adults.

This IS intentionally awareness for GID children.

Right,

and the climate science is settled, too.

Your ignorance can be lumped in with the rest of them.

You can't beat me, you know.

When it comes to being straight in an alt world, unless you are a trans yourself, I win.

Beat you? What exactly is the competition?

I'm straight. But, took the time to educate myself on the facts.

Also, I don't go beyond my knowledge. There are others on ATS, some are transgender, like Freija. She can (and does) speak with detailed knowledge from personal experience.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
A long time ago Id have been in agreement with the " its nonsense" crowd. Over the years I have come to know several folks who have had issues like Elisabeth up there, Freija, has shared with us. Its NOT something someone would choose to go through. I think there really is something to this now, and to disregard the personal struggle of another human bearing this is simply wrong. I dont pretend to know the causes or what the mechanism is, but I can see the result of it.. and the pain it causes... pretty plainly. I do believe in time we will know the mechanism by which this happens.. born in the wrong body.. but until then, we need to support our people who are going through this. There is a HUGE difference between a lifestyle and all of this pretend gender nonsense versus truly being wired in the mind differently than crafted in the body.

Case in point : there is a young woman that works at a store in my town. She has long black hair, wears dresses, wears black stockings and always is looking at the ground. She is a boy, but isnt living as a boy and doesnt give the "male" vibe. She looks at the ground in shame because people make fun of her and look down on her.. and have NO problem saying rude things to her. She works in the pet department, so even if I dont NEED a pet thing ( I have a ton of critters) I still stop by and say something pleasant to her. Is it really that damned hard for some of you to realize we all have our struggles and pain.. and to simply be kind to another?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: seasonal

"You had intercourse with a 17 year old? They can't consent. They aren't old enough to understand. That is rape."

"Oh, you're a 9 year old boy that thinks you are a girl? Let's start the hormone treatments."

The world has indeed come off its hinges.

The same people that seem to think "you can't possibly know what gender you want to be as an adult, so let's all walk around in pink dresses" seem to have no problem supporting the very concept of a 9 (!) year old transgender.

How about giving it a little time?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
Cancelled my subscription. I don't get NG for politics.

What makes this politics? This can be a matter of biology, anthropology, sociology, all kinds of disciplines but it is only political because you have chosen to make it so.

Personally, I feel very strongly that those who make other people's gender and sexuality an issue for themselves have matters of their own that need to be sorted out.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Back in the day, there was no such thing as a transgender person.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Look into it.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uberdoubter

originally posted by: rockintitz

"You had intercourse with a 17 year old? They can't consent. They aren't old enough to understand. That is rape."

"Oh, you're a 9 year old boy that thinks you are a girl? Let's start the hormone treatments."

The world has indeed come off its hinges.

The same people that seem to think "you can't possibly know what gender you want to be as an adult, so let's all walk around in pink dresses" seem to have no problem supporting the very concept of a 9 (!) year old transgender.

How about giving it a little time?

Do you even know what the concept of a 9 year old transgender kid is? It's about giving them time and therapy to adjust to living as the gender they identify with before giving them any kind of drugs or hormones or surgery. It's about allowing them to be free to express their gender in order to ease their suffering.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

What a stupid analogy. A polar bear cannot talk, walks on all fours, lives outside in snow and defecates out in the open.

Here is transgender individual for you. Pre-eminent scientist Lynn Conway.

Conway is notable for a number of pioneering achievements, including the Mead & Conway revolution in VLSI design, which incubated an emerging electronic design automation industry. She worked at IBM in the 1960s and is credited with the invention of generalized dynamic instruction handling, a key advance used in out-of-order execution, used by most modern computer processors to improve performance.

So basically your are suggesting an individual that attempted to live as a polar bear could reach the same level of pre-eminence.

LOL

Wiki

edit on 19-12-2016 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

As usual, anytime there is a transgender person remotely related to anything, the entire thread will be a baffling display of ignorance vs medical science. I'd rather not get involved in that.

What I would like to comment on is the question of whether or not a transgender girl should be featured on National Geographic. Again, I think it's dumb to even question this. National Geographic is largely an anthropological magazine, covering cultures and even how those cultures express gender (it's not binary everywhere, you know). Western medicine's evolution in treating people with gender dysphoria is very much a perfect topic for National Geographic.

Thus complaints that a culture's handling of a physiological condition surrounding gender is featured in National Geographic is just as stupid as when they used to complain that they showed nudity when featuring certain tribal customs. It's ridiculous to complain about that.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
...complaints that a culture's handling of a physiological condition surrounding gender is featured in National Geographic is just as stupid as when they used to complain that they showed nudity when featuring certain tribal customs. It's ridiculous to complain about that.

That kinda common sense isn't going to make you a lot of friends, eh? Well stated, though.
Now what we need is a anthropological study of how and why a culture politicises sex and gender.
Funny...we think it's bad when brown people do it.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Cheers, it's good to get a real point of view in here.

These topics are usually just a place for virtue signalling.

My main concern is about the pressure being placed on this kid and I'm really interested in your thoughts from that perspective. I initially was concerned that if the kid changed their mind they wouldn't be able to stop the ball rolling however you've convinced me that's an unfounded concern.

But do you think this issue is too big for a kid to handle?
Or am I overthinking and the kid's no different to your Shirley Temple's and Macauley Culkins?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Freija, I just wanted to thank you for posting your story here..you did it with calmness and dignity, I hope it brings understanding to others!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Exactly. Oh it "just so happens" that his mother was a huge supporter of Trans people before her kid was ever trans. She wanted this and most likely subtly pressured this kid into thinking it's what he wants. Now I haven't sifted through all 12 pages of discussion here but no 9 year old should be able to say "yes, remove my penis and make me a vagina". You have to be a complete loon as a parent to go along with that. Or... this is what his mom always wanted in the first place. And why are her kids holding a gay flag? Being trans does not mean automatically gay. Uggh this story is so aggravating. If this had been a 18 year old I would have had no problem with any of it. But if kids can transition this young then we need to lower the drinking age, driving age, voting age, and age of consent. Because obviously at 9 years old a kid can consent to sex, right? He knows what he wants... right?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
You know, I've noticed something. Isn't it a bit hypocritical to say "They are making us accept them", when you're on a forum arguing against transgenderism?

So many logical fallacies....so little time.

Anywho, I shared that with a few people. My son read it, and says he understands a bit more. He's 11, and understands the difference between (biological) sex, and gender....what are all of your excuses? He is 11, and obviously vastly more intelligent than many on this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join