It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lies of the Right

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: Indigo5

I don't understand the gate towards obama tbh on paper he has been a very good president considering what he inherited. Many ATS members hated him from day one...I wonder why?.

Because he pissed them off: he was a fantastic president who pulled this nation back from the brink of the abyss. All class, and poise, and thoughtful leadership.

These naysayers just refuse. They just won't accept it. They utterly REFUSE to acknowledge it. They pretend it isn't real. Last night "Dark Knight" was on tv, on a regular pud cable channel. I hadn't seen it, but I kept picturing that orange-haired freak who shot up those theatre-goers in Aurora (Denver) Colorado. PLUS, I kept remembering how much talent Heath Ledger had, and how sad it was that he succumbed to whatever darkness was plaguing him......

kinda ruins the whole thing. I found it, after all these years, sickening. I couldn't watch it.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

I don't understand the gate towards obama tbh on paper he has been a very good president considering what he inherited. Many ATS members hated him from day one...I wonder why?.

Emotions "Trump" reality...

The far right was told by their media from day one that Pres. Obama was a terrorist, destined to destroy America, a secret communist/Marxist, that there would be Fema camps and Hitler youth squads..

When reality severely debunked those predictions...They stopped caring about reality.

Scruples became money in Russia and Morals became paintings on walls..Truth became a detriment and facts became destructive to the worldview.

What other choice than to attack facts and fact-checkers? To downgrade the value of truth? How else to preserve the worldview that Pres. Obama and everything he stands for is evil? How else to reconcile what your feel-good, world-view affirming right wing media has told you? Choose "Alternate" reality..."Alternate Truths"..."Alternate facts"...and if the mainstream of your party does not move there with you, the "Alternate Right".

Interestingly the solution centers on self-worth and graphical presentation.

Simplify facts in visual form..do less attacking of the other-side and more encouraging and affirmation of where they get it right.

Neither of which I am doing here in this thread or on ATS...admittedly I am venting frustration..

But if ever you wanted to consider a better way this is a good research on how misinformation, perception, self-identity and politics relate to one another..

www.dartmouth.edu...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: testingtesting

"considering what he inherited" is never a defense. Every president inherited bad things essentially.

What's to defend? Who is defending anything? President Obama's 8 years don't require a defense...He was an extraordinary President, more so for the grace and intelligence and calm be which he got things done in a government that was ridiculously partisan and vitriolic and a congress that treated him horrifically. He was never rattled and remained centered through it all. For effs sake..Born in Kenya?
....And yes...I don't think there has been a President in a century that was happier about term limits than Pres. GWB...he was more or less a panicked mess, watching the greatest economic crisis since the great depression explode and virtually threw the keys to the WH at Obama and ran.
edit on 18-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

It is baffling that you can be a participant on this website and still somehow support Obama, the king of drones and illegal wars.

Murder is such wonderful hope and change.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

It is baffling that you can be a participant on this website and still somehow support Obama, the king of drones and illegal wars.

250 years?...Please enlighten me. Who was the President of the United States whose term did not involve difficult choices and the loss of life? Being the leader of the free world means making difficult decisions for the safety and betterment of all of us. Absent you being able to cite a literal pacifist in the Whitehouse, then perhaps there are rational measures to evaluate your aim? How many new wars did Pres. Obama start? Did he increase or dramatically draw down and decrease troops deployed abroad? Did he employ Cruise Missiles, Aerial bombing campaigns? Invasions? or did he choose the most selective and precise targeting technology thus far invented to selectively target terrorists? VS invade and bomb entire countries? Yes...it would be nice if we lived in a world where Mother Theresa could defend our way of life...but that is not the world we live in. Yes it would be terrific if civilians never died, but the collateral damage or error of a drone strike is different than the intentional impact of a cruise missile or bombing campaign....Example: Allepo....The standard you choose is ridiculous BS.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Gosh , I am soooo sorry to have offended you with my anti-war and anti-murder sensibilities.

All these fun little wars we are waging sure are making us safer aren't they.

Obama is just Bush 3.0. I hated Bush and all of the other murder puppets just as much.

Partisan political views blind people to the horror and tragedy of this world that are perpetrated in our names.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Lies are Lies No matter who Spews them .

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

I'm still here too...and indigo is right. the problem here on ATS is the left has been dismissed, and made into the "they"...once a large enough group of people can completely disassociate themselves from the "they", the "they" can then be done away with in the name of "the greater good"....
the trump voters have reached a critical point in their own thought processes....they do not believe in the very institutions and dedicated public servants, that have provided a stable and great nation for all of these years. they believe what one man tells them to believe, regardless of logic or even a curiosity to examine other evidence.

the reason why demos are concerned is that history has a long list leaders that sound like, and act like, trump that eventually became dictators....example that trump is already thinking about....no or very few press conferences, real ones, where smart people from all media outlets, ask smart questions, where trump has to give an answer in person.
also the fact that trump voters don't care to see trump's tax returns, why not?.....if he is so confident of his leadership and wants YOU to believe that, why wouldn't he be happy to show how well he has done, and how much in taxes he has paid like the rest of us?....

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gernblan

they were head lines in in the MSM.

Oh wait... because it didn't come from a right wing blogger the trumpette's with all their emotional maturity will deny the OP topics completely.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

they were head lines in in the MSM.

Oh wait... because it didn't come from a right wing blogger the trumpette's with all their emotional maturity will deny the OP topics completely.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

"closed mind minded people will never see the truth."

a quote from my pastor.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
ON one hand the right wingers are so Happy they blocked the government from doing its work.
ON the other you say the government got nothing done.

generally when debating you are supposed to stick to one point of view. UNLESS you are arguing with your wife then you can change tactics and topics randomly.

Most of these post election Trumpette threads seem like a married couple fighting on the right the drunken abusive hubbbie and on the left the shrill but feisty wife.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

This is what I asked of CB238 in the last thread he brought this up, but declined to answer. The left ha more than a little cognitive dissonance when it comes to war. They love to # on bush, but when you bring up the Obama war crimes it's really strikes a nerve.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I see a lot of people here assigning some far-right or far-left views that are held by a small minority of people in either party to the ENTIRE party, or at least making sweeping generalizations that insinuate that. Sean Hannity's accusations don't represent the views of the majority of Republicans or even the majority of employees at Fox News, no more than the left-wing morons who pushed the #handsupdontshoot angle on CNN represent all Democrats or everyone at CNN. This nonsense happens on both sides, and you do a disservice to yourself to start believing this is what "the right" or "the left" as a whole thinks. I honestly wish we'd just do away with parties because so many people get hung up on left vs right instead of actually objectively discussing the issues. No matter what side you're on, you'd do well to actually WATCH some Fox or CNN occasionally instead of just listening to what your side is saying the other reports. You'll often find it's full of half-truths and taken out of context. If you watch both reporting on the same story, the truth often sits somewhere in the middle. The more information you expose yourself to the better, and then draw your own conclusions. Stop hyper-partisaning everything. Christ.
edit on 18 12 16 by face23785 because: I can't type

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I wonder if it's a lie, or the truth... that the both Info Wars and the incoming Trump IT infrastructure were attacked by the communist Chinese who Facebook have been collaborating with to begin the process of censoring the Internet.

I'm seeing an attack on the first amendment, which has hijacked the MSM as a propaganda arm of the old establishment, which includes the Obama administration and the Clinton Campaign and financiers like George Soros, to retain a narrative that's willing to go to any lengths to undermine and discredit a Trump presidency, even before it begins.

These are not lies.

But if this kind of thing is going on, than what does that tell us?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

These are not lies.

Those are exactly lies.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Death tolls are not binary.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Whether or not Trump succeeds with his Tyrant impulses is an open question. The fact that a large swath of his supporters are excited by his tyrannical rhetoric is not in question.

Our democracy should have zero tolerance for tyrants.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I have to ask... how old are you? How long have you watched Alex Jones for?

Back in the day, Prison Planet and AJ was "the," source of information. He used to go OFF about the rising police state and he made the term "globalists," a buzzword. He was always anti-war, anti-torture, # - he even talked about chemtrails, GMO's, brainwashing, the NWO, the whole nine yards.

And then he got... weird. I will never forget his bull# broadcast during Y2K. Alex Jones was making the claims of "hundreds, thousands dead in the streets... hand grenades and rocket launchers are going off in Times Square, the Russians are dropping paratroopers over the MidWest, the East Coast is under direct military attack," and I could never look at him the same.

Alex Jones does this repeatedly. Here's a nice compilation of him outright being a POS 40 other times.

Alex Jones is now a MASSIVE supporter of the police AND the government. He no longer talks about anti-war stances. He no longer talks about the talking heads in the media who deceive the American people. He longer talks about ANYTHING that Prison Planet was started on.

Alex Jones should be trusted less than Trump and Hillary - combined.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Deflections are not answers either

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join