It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lies of the Right

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The one that made me laugh the most was in December of 2008 when Republicans were already saying the "failed Obama presidency" before he was sworn into office!

I'm just amazed he won a second term. I'm even more amazed a black man could actually be elected president in this country.

I think what most red state Republicans are most angry about Obama is the price of ammo doubled since Obama took office. That's a fact. And now that their gun has not been taken away and Obama is about to leave office it doesn't look like ammo is coming down in price. I think the price of ammo is Obama's greatest legacy of his presidency.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
At least Obama took out Bin Laden. W wasn't able to get it done.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

I'm not refusing to see it. I'm just not overreacting the way you are to what I see, that's all. You make mountains out of mole hills whenever Obama or a Democrat does anything that you even slightly disagree with and claim there out to destroy everything. Meanwhile when it's someone you don't have an axe to grind with you most likely wouldn't notice what they're up to until we're all speaking Russian and shackled to the floor of a slave ship.

Overreacting? Really? Would you say the French are overreacting to the terrorism and rapes and violence coming from the same types of refugees there that Obama is welcoming to the States? Can you really say with a straight face its overreacting when our POTUS INVITES ILLEGALS TO VOTE IN OUR ELECTIONS???????? What in the freakin world are you thinking man?????This is why I doubt your opinions....sorry just the way I see it.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The one that made me laugh the most was in December of 2008 when Republicans were already saying the "failed Obama presidency" before he was sworn into office!

I'm just amazed he won a second term. I'm even more amazed a black man could actually be elected president in this country.

I think what most red state Republicans are most angry about Obama is the price of ammo doubled since Obama took office. That's a fact. And now that their gun has not been taken away and Obama is about to leave office it doesn't look like ammo is coming down in price. I think the price of ammo is Obama's greatest legacy of his presidency.

No people are angry at the types of stuff hes done like invite illegals openly to vote in our elections. Now please tell me now if you really believe that is ok.... if you think it is that tells me exactly what type of person you are. Just go now to Mexico and see if the Mexican Prez invites you to vote in their elections. I don't understand how real Americans can even accept this as normal.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Yeah, overreacting just like you are with your dumb Paris example implying that the same is happening here. It's not. The attacks in Paris are horrible but that was Paris not here. That is a FACT. Facts are facts and my opinions have nothing to do with it.

You're making predictions of what might happen or could happen not what has happened here in the US. If you actually had an example like that happening here you wouldn't have to use Paris for your example now would you.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
So, now that the Obama administration is almost over we have a great opportunity to review the accuracy and possible intentions of 8 years of conservative attacks and hyperbole on the President. He has been constantly attacked, vilified, insulted and tarnished solely for being different than the conservative stereotype of a leader. Anyways, let's review some of the predictions and accusations that were lobbed at him for their veracity.
Conservatives said Obama would:

1. Take away everyone's guns- false
2. End capitalism- false
3. Outlaw Christianity and install Islam- false
4. Destroy America- false
5. Cause hyperinflation- false
6. Cause another 9-11 in America- false
7. Install a new Fairness Doctrine- FALSE (if he did we wouldn't have fake news everywhere)

Honestly, I can't think of a single prediction made by the right about Obama that was actually true. What we must infer from this is that conservatives are either really deluded, or really dishonest. I think we can safely conclude that it's the latter, since they haven't learned from their mistakes over 8 entire years.

Man, all of a sudden you're pumping these threads out, and I just have to wonder why..

I think I'll answer this the way Antediluvian would.

1. Hillary (a third Obama term) would have done it.
2. Sure did try though, didn't he?
3. Given enough time who knows.

4. Take the rose colored glasses off and look at something like race relations.
5. We wouldn't know with the fed protecting his domestic legacy. But hey lets go ahead and raise rates after Obama leaves. No smoke and mirrors here folks.
6. Boston, San Bernadino, Pulse. Nope he was squeaky clean here.
7. "fake news" is the new Fairness Doctrine.

What does it say right under my name? Yeah.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

He's obviously done good and bad things during his time but we're all still here and America is doing fine.

yah so have the rockefellers and yes we are still here and Americans voted and some Progressives are unhappy and curled up into little balls and cried and wept that that horrid lying crook Hillary didn't win. Lies lies and more lies have come out of the Progressive camp including the idiot story of Russia hacking to make Trump win. I mean no no and no Trump won in spite of Hillary calling up daddy Bush and asking him to use Raytheon satellites and CIA hackers to hack whatever machines they could to turn it to Hillary. Trump won the electoral college in spite of millions of illegals voting for the crook Hillary.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Illegal immigrants can't vote in the US legally. Obama didn't openly ask illegal immigrants to vote here. He may ask legal immigrants to vote but there would be no reason to even suggest that illegal immigrants should vote because they can't.

Show me where Obama literally tells illegal immigrants to vote.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Can you prove anything your saying???

Because I've heard all this BS when Alex Jones was screaming about it along with a hand full of other Right Wing Hacks and they couldn't prove any of it then and I don't think you can prove it now either.

When you have proof of these accusations and can provide it, great. Do it. Until then nobody has any reason to believe the things you say.

I'm not outright calling you a liar just so you know. So don't overreact.

But a little evidence would be appropriate don't ya think???

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Illegal immigrants can't vote in the US legally. Obama didn't openly ask illegal immigrants to vote here. He may ask legal immigrants to vote but there would be no reason to even suggest that illegal immigrants should vote because they can't.

Show me where Obama literally tells illegal immigrants to vote.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This thread is amazing.

We have people saying none of the predictions in the OP ever were made.
We have people saying all of the predictions in the OP actually happened.
We have people saying all of the predictions in the OP were tried but blocked by heroic Congress.

This is the insanity that we live in. SAD!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Not to say I can refute each of your points, but have you seen how many executive orders have been denied during his presidency? He's not very powerful, and I don't know if it really matters because the idiots in Congress do stuff like bail out businesses and banks while fining poor people for not being able to afford insurance, and then calling it Obama care to troll us.

But is he a good man? I'm not sure I would say yes to this. I don't think many men that are in the white house or affiliate with it likely are.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Funny, the video you posted is deceptively edited by fox. Here is the unedited clip that was edited to provide a false narrative. The one you just tried to use as fact. Gotta do better then that. Google helps when spreading propaganda.....

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: CB328

Plebian? I have two degrees, IT certifications, and was in military intelligence for 8 years, in contrast to most people on this site who aren't even capable of writing a correct sentence.

Your posted information on the economy appears plebian, that is to say lacking any knowledge of how it works. Should you wish to discuss IT I'm sure you would prove to be knowledgeable. Military intelligence as well has nothing to do with economy.

There are people who study the economy. You obviously are not one of them and you parrot the narrative. If you don't want this kind of response don't post in the mud pit.

I don't disagree with your opinion of many here barely making a coherent sentence. Many are on the right. Doesn't change anything. You have parroted a view that ignored years of evidence in economics. You don't understand economics but you feel fine with parroting nonsense.

What do you know of macroeconomics?

Do you know what a "leading indicator" is?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Looks like I chimed in a little late.

Can somebody explain to me how this thread got 77 flags?

Russian hackers.

Funniest post in this thread! Glad to see someone with a sense humor amongst the back-and-forth vitriol

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

I know enough to say leading indicators are not really relevant when the fundamentals are out of the norm. They're not perfect in the best of conditions... right now I doubt they matter much.

Are you trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat here and tell me the economy has been healthy with the interest rate being where it is? Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I recommend this for Thread of the Year. I now little about you CB328, but you recently came out swinging.

Everything you say is on point. This thread is almost a perfect thread. The OP is true. The debate goes back and forth, though some is nutty.

This makes me smile.

edit on 18-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I know enough to say leading indicators are not really relevant when the fundamentals are out of the norm. They're not perfect in the best of conditions... right now I doubt they matter much.

Are you trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat here and tell me the economy has been healthy with the interest rate being where it is? Time will tell.

I am asking questions; rabbits being pulled out of a hat are magic tricks, right?

Since you know enough, could you provide a list of the relevant fundamentals, much less a list that suggest they are out of the norm - notwithstanding unemployment rates/ratios and semantics dictating 'real' unemployment rates?

Do you know what the chartered mandate of the FOMC is? Is it a two-pronged approach (e.g. an effort to curb inflation and maintain a 'natural rate' of full employment)? Or is it a one-pronged approach in an attempt to control one (inflation/unemployment)?

I think we can hash this out respectful and possibly, both learn if you could expand on the "relevant fundamentals".

Thanks in advance.
edit on 18-12-2016 by BeefNoMeat because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

I think it would be faster if you just got to the point and told me what indicators you're looking at that tell us the economy is healthy rather than me responding to questions that anybody can look up on Wikipedia.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I think it would be faster if you just got to the point and told me what indicators you're looking at that tell us the economy is healthy rather than me responding to questions that anybody can look up on Wikipedia.

Hmmm, find my reply in which I said anything about telling us the economy is healthy, rather than me responding to your inability to answer simple questions (as you say "questions that anybody can look up on Wikipedia"). I'll be waiting...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join