It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lies of the Right

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: CB328

It's always fascinating when plebians make claims about the economy

Plebian? I have two degrees, IT certifications, and was in military intelligence for 8 years, in contrast to most people on this site who aren't even capable of writing a correct sentence.

And that right there is a fine example of why America has failed up till now with that display of arrogance. This is exactly why you lost and exactly why Hillary lost. And you will never win by defending liars, cheaters, and thugs. You won't win by denying what they have done either.

Display of arrogance?

Lol how do you feel about the plebeian comment?

That's pretty #ing arrogant and is elitist AF.

And of course the "you lost," comment. Talk about arrogance, LOL.

I can't stand the Clintons BTW.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

www.politico.com...

President Obama listened to Republican gripes about his stimulus package during a meeting with congressional leaders Friday morning - but he also left no doubt about who's in charge of these negotiations. "I won," Obama noted matter-of-factly, according to sources familiar with the conversation.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Lol. Yeah don't worry, you can keep all your doctors too. Remember?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Plebian? I have two degrees, IT certifications, and was in military intelligence for 8 years, in contrast to most people on this site who aren't even capable of writing a correct sentence.

Your posted information on the economy appears plebian, that is to say lacking any knowledge of how it works. Should you wish to discuss IT I'm sure you would prove to be knowledgeable. Military intelligence as well has nothing to do with economy.

There are people who study the economy. You obviously are not one of them and you parrot the narrative. If you don't want this kind of response don't post in the mud pit.

I don't disagree with your opinion of many here barely making a coherent sentence. Many are on the right. Doesn't change anything. You have parroted a view that ignored years of evidence in economics. You don't understand economics but you feel fine with parroting nonsense.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: CB328

Wow, sources? You're making large accusations of lies I have never heard.

Back off... liberals don't need sources. Didn't you get the DNC memo?

Anything bad that happened the Russians did. Anything that you don't understand about how great Obama is just reflects the fact that you are a xenophobic racist bigoted sexist. Besides, it's Bush's fault.

If you're not on the left you lie. It's pretty simple.

/sarcasm

To the OP... thank you for posting. Keep doing so, over and over and over and over until your political ideology finally dies.

Well the left would do much better if they adopted the GOPs strategy of aggregating all news in one place like Fox news.
That way the same exact message and perspective is ingrained in 100,000,000 people and it creates a profound group thought process of no thought.

The GOP has also perfected the art of repeating the same things over and over and over and over

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

That didn't work out, but is there any value in 30,000,000 more people have healthcare coverage than before?

I mean I guess the point of America is to be in it for yourself so maybe that doesn't matter.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Display of arrogance?

Lol how do you feel about the plebeian comment?

That's pretty #ing arrogant and is elitist AF.

And of course the "you lost," comment. Talk about arrogance, LOL.

I can't stand the Clintons BTW.

I made the plebian comment. If anyone does not understand how the economy has been manipulated and how it's changed things over the past few years then their opinion is plebian. I stand by that. Artificially low interest has fuel inflation. The Fed increased interests rates and the dollar got stronger.

We're going to suffer because of that interest rate being so low for so long.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

So, now that the Obama administration is almost over we have a great opportunity to review the accuracy and possible intentions of 8 years of conservative attacks and hyperbole on the President. He has been constantly attacked, vilified, insulted and tarnished solely for being different than the conservative stereotype of a leader. Anyways, let's review some of the predictions and accusations that were lobbed at him for their veracity.
Conservatives said Obama would:

1. Take away everyone's guns- false
2. End capitalism- false
3. Outlaw Christianity and install Islam- false
4. Destroy America- false
5. Cause hyperinflation- false
6. Cause another 9-11 in America- false
7. Install a new Fairness Doctrine- FALSE (if he did we wouldn't have fake news everywhere)

Honestly, I can't think of a single prediction made by the right about Obama that was actually true. What we must infer from this is that conservatives are either really deluded, or really dishonest. I think we can safely conclude that it's the latter, since they haven't learned from their mistakes over 8 entire years.

We were right that he sucked.

Thank the Lord there were some checks and balances!

they were not right..

Did he take away your guns?

the Dow is at 20,000

Is hyperbole more important to your than substance?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: superbanjo

That didn't work out, but is there any value in 30,000,000 more people have healthcare coverage than before?

I mean I guess the point of America is to be in it for yourself so maybe that doesn't matter.

Well, what I know about that is, I couldn't afford healthcare before, so they decided that I should be fined for not being able to afford healthcare now. Explain to me how that is right.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Honestly, I can't think of a single prediction made by the right about Obama that was actually true.

They predicted insurance rates would easily double.

the irony is that insurance went up 90+% the decade before Obama was elected.

www.bls.gov...

this is an analysis that existed prior to Obama taking office.

Here is a market study prior to Obamacare that suggested premiums will increase nearly 100% between
2008-2020

www.commonwealthfund.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Well, what I know about that is, I couldn't afford healthcare before, so they decided that I should be fined for not being able to afford healthcare now. Explain to me how that is right.

I think that is terrible. I wish Obamacare would of done opt in Medicare which would of given people the choice to be in the regulatory environment or out completely.

This way people like you could either opt in and exclude yourself from insurance or emergency medical care. The market could of stayed the same and the other people could choose Medicare.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I think that is terrible. I wish Obamacare would of done opt in Medicare which would of given people the choice to be in the regulatory environment or out completely.

This way people like you could either opt in and exclude yourself from insurance or emergency medical care. The market could of stayed the same and the other people could choose Medicare.

I agree. I should be able to handle it on my own. If not, then it is my cross to bear.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: RomeByFire

www.politico.com...

President Obama listened to Republican gripes about his stimulus package during a meeting with congressional leaders Friday morning - but he also left no doubt about who's in charge of these negotiations. "I won," Obama noted matter-of-factly, according to sources familiar with the conversation.

What about it?

I can't stand Obummer and vehemently spoke out against him for multiple years.

Not sure what you're trying to get at with that except for partisan trolling.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

So, now that the Obama administration is almost over we have a great opportunity to review the accuracy and possible intentions of 8 years of conservative attacks and hyperbole on the President. He has been constantly attacked, vilified, insulted and tarnished solely for being different than the conservative stereotype of a leader. Anyways, let's review some of the predictions and accusations that were lobbed at him for their veracity.

2. End capitalism- false
7. Install a new Fairness Doctrine- FALSE (if he did we wouldn't have fake news everywhere)

Honestly, I can't think of a single prediction made by the right about Obama that was actually true. What we must infer from this is that conservatives are either really deluded, or really dishonest. I think we can safely conclude that it's the latter, since they haven't learned from their mistakes over 8 entire years.

they were not right..

the Dow is at 20,000

No because we cling to them. Cold dead hands and all that.

Dow fell as soon as Trump was announced he won and climbed ever since.

Obama motivates the fringe, look what's going on for the past couple days.

The world is jockeying for position before Trump gets sworn in.

The left is letting it all happen. It's disgusting, isn't it?

There are no lies from the right. All strawmen as someone mentioned.

I might refute the OP point by point, if I have the time later and this thread doesn't fall off the recent page.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

2. End capitalism- false

they were not right..

the Dow is at 20,000

I might refute the OP point by point, if I have the time later and this thread doesn't fall off the recent page.

The point is he didn't even come for them, it was just a ploy so one side could get you to support them plain and simple.

The Dow was below 8,000 when Obama was sworn in, it rose to 19,000 before Trump was elected, that happened
during Obama's presidency. However your comment basically states you disbelieve that when it is actual fact, like you can go to websites and people and they will all agree that the DOW rose 11,000 points during Obama's presidency. That is not an opinion. The cause could be, but not the fact of the matter.

You can't refute the OP point for point because I have already affirmed the first two things on the list.

They are ALL STRAWMEN created by the Right to motivate people just like you to oppose Obama regardless of what happens or doesn't happen. Obama never took guns, but you seem to think that is true even though you have no evidence more than a comfortable feeling.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: GreyScale

Ah yes of course. I mean hell, maybe one or two actually were said by the right, but most I don't believe. Fact of the matter is Obama was a terrible president, but I still think he's a good man and father.

The poster right below makes a good point. Never mind me.

WHERE ARE PEOPLE SAYING THIS! I DEMAND SOURCES! NO ONE EVER SAYS THIS!

[Post directly beneath yours claims these are all true, and suggest an ongoing Conservative thought]
edit on 16-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

2. End capitalism- false

they were not right..

the Dow is at 20,000

The point is he didn't even come for them, it was just a ploy so one side could get you to support them plain and simple.

The Dow was below 8,000 when Obama was sworn in, it rose to 19,000 before Trump was elected, that happened
during Obama's presidency. However your comment basically states you disbelieve that when it is actual fact, like you can go to websites and people and they will all agree that the DOW rose 11,000 points during Obama's presidency. That is not an opinion. The cause could be, but not the fact of the matter.

You can't refute the OP point for point because I have already affirmed the first two things on the list.

They are ALL STRAWMEN created by the Right to motivate people just like you to oppose Obama regardless of what happens or doesn't happen. Obama never took guns, but you seem to think that is true even though you have no evidence more than a comfortable feeling.

Facts serve no purpose to those who willfully deny reality.

No one is coming for your guns. The people that have been crying wolf over this for nearly a decade now were some of the first to flip around and vehemently support and cast votes for the government that's supposedly going to take their guns away.

No one is coming for your guns.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

The point is that Obama and the left pushed this as a big solution. Instead it screwed the working poor into either buying unaffordable healthcare or paying a fine. Meanwhile insurance companies got a government guaranteed profit. No surprises to anybody paying attention. The ACA was the biggest FU to the lower-middle class and working poor in my lifetime.

They now have healthcare with deductibles that are a huge fraction of their income. An income already compromised by absurd premiums.

Anybody defending the ACA is drinking the kool-aid at this point.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

The point is that Obama and the left pushed this as a big solution. Instead it screwed the working poor into either buying unaffordable healthcare or paying a fine. Meanwhile insurance companies got a government guaranteed profit. No surprises to anybody paying attention. The ACA was the biggest FU to the lower-middle class and working poor in my lifetime.

They now have healthcare with deductibles that are a huge fraction of their income. An income already compromised by absurd premiums.

Anybody defending the ACA is drinking the kool-aid at this point.

Well I am supporting it, ACA because for the first time in 36 years I actually needed insurance. I got a lump behind my neck, I developed night sweats, terrible night sweats, like having to change cloths 7-10 times a night. You know I had my mother fall and become handicapped, My father got a brain tumor and my grandmother slowly died from Alzheimer's. Anyways, it all just happened and I had to handle it, take care of them and do my best to keep it together. My Granny and my father died, but my mom survived but with a more fragile personality. Anyways after working since I was 16 I was underemployed and for the first time in many years of paying for insurance I just couldn't afford it. I was lucky enough the I fell into a category where I could get insured because for the first time in my life I actually needed it. I know that does mean anything for you, but it was more than helpful for me, I had so many tests and visits which were covered and let me KEEP WORKING. Otherwise I would of been out of the game I was so sick. In my visits to county hospital, I met many people just like me who had a bunch of terrible things happen all at once and they were helped out too. I eventually learned the ways of my insurance program and got a great doctor a block away, I got even more lucky because he was very attentive and would literally spend nearly an hour with patients during his scheduled visits. I got to know the Dr so well I even fixed his network print setup in his office after my last visit, just as a courtesy on my behalf.

The truth is, I have paid a ton of money into the system and this is the one time where I felt like I got my monies worth from all the years of paying in. Maybe I am a terrible person, but I would wish the insurance I got on anyone, everyone in fact. I think Obamacare got one thing right and that was doing something for the people, but unfortunately it had consequences on other people. I honestly believe if any person had been in my situation they would clearly be able to see the good in my experience

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

We just SWEPT the government with victory, I'D SAY YOU need to rethink YOUR failures.
MOST of those things didn't happen because HE WAS stopped, not because HE didn't TRY.
He IS STILL pushing the UN gun grab.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join