It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lies of the Right

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Conservative talkers like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity are rallying their listeners with a very old — and very successful — battle cry, accusing the left of trying to curb their free speech

www.politico.com...

The left has tried to curb free speech since the 70's.

Where have you been?

OH... that's right... you're politically correct and an alt-left so YOUR free speech is OK because it conforms to the left's idea of what ~free~ speech means.

I'm off of this thread because I can feel it lowering my IQ.

/facepalm.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Really???

What happened to Lock her Up?????

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Conservatives like Paul Ryan have also consistently warned that the Federal Reserve’s aggressive monetary stimulus would weaken the dollar—their preferred phrase is “debase the currency”—and create crippling inflation. They have been consistently wrong.

time.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

Right. Your freedom of speech is so curbed you aren't allowed to say what you just said too I guess???

Good God some of you are so delusional it's amazing!!!

I just love it when someone is talking about how they aren't allowed to talk. It's comedic gold!!

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
With all market indices poised to reach historically unprecedented record highs, it is time for all capitalists to rise in tribute to Obama

thehill.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

The topic isn't about what promises he made that came true or that he accomplished though.

It's about what the Conservatives claimed he would do.

The list is correct. Even you said so.

But you also claim they also happened but we just can't see it. I'd like you to show how they did happen and we just don't realize it.

BTW, if you can show they did actually happen then that would also answer your question about what he accomplished as well.

Thanks for helping me out there, I had to amend my earlier post because I forgot to add that the "False" part in the OP was where the error was.

When I stated that things were True about Obama doing, was correct and true except for the part saying that it was all false.
They are not false, but the wording is in "media spin fashion" so it makes each thing Obama has done with each item look false.

For example, Obama has done dozens, maybe a hundred different things to strip away gun ownership. Even though he didn't "take away all guns".

Everything else on that list he has fervently attempted to do and has made great strides towards achieving them even going over the heads of congress to do so.

The above OP list has been rewritten so it makes Obama appear innocent of doing those things. The above list has been exaggerated exactly like the MSM does to make opposition look foolish. It always redresses the pig and tries to apply lipstick on his actions.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Oh ok. I see where you're going.

I suppose that if it wasn't for the Hero's of the Conservative Party Working Night and Day to stop them, then all those things would have happened. Is that about right???

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Fast and furious, the Arab Spring, the massive expansion of federal beuracracy. You need to probably remove 1-3 from your list, unless trying doesn't count

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Taxes, increased
Number of people out of work, unemployed, not looking for work, increased
Food stamp recipients, increased
National debt, increased

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Oh ok. I see where you're going.

I suppose that if it wasn't for the Hero's of the Conservative Party Working Night and Day to stop them, then all those things would have happened. Is that about right???

No, the right has so many turncoats on the inside that have helped Harry Reid and Obama to make these "bad for America" things happen that it is terrible.

Remember the minority republican whip I can't remember his name, got caught secretly meeting in backroom deals with Harry Reid.. That is just one we know about. I am sure there is much more.

And how the republicans would cave in when Obama threatened government shutdown so they can come back and cry to the American people they tried but couldn't stop it..

I say tar and feather the lot of them. (except for a few honorable ones)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

It's always fascinating when plebians make claims about the economy. We've had a couple years of artificially low interest. How does that not fuel inflation? Could you explain that to me in your own words?

The market response recently was in spite of increased interest in businesd because Trump has promised to be helpful to business. You parrots with no actual knowledge of how an economy works are a truly interesting bunch of animals.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Sounds a lot like how Trump will put all Muslims and illegals in camps, right Cenk?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

But it was the Republicans who did shut down the Government. That's why their own majority leader, what's his name with the leather like tanned skin finally gave up on his position. Because everyone was so completely set on not finding a compromise they all stopped doing anything.

Boner that's his name.....
edit on 16-12-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

But it was the Republicans who did shut down the Government. That's why their own majority leader, what's his name with the leather like tanned skin finally gave up on his position. Because everyone was so completely set on not finding a compromise they all stopped doing anything.

Boner that's his name.....

There was also a whip named Matt something who was a republican, and he was meeting secretly with Harry Reid and John Boehner was his outside liaison. They were manufacturing those shutdowns and the threat of shutdown so they could collude with the democrats and ram all kinds of liberty stealing garbage through without any public scrutiny.

I don't vote or voice on party lines and never have, and what has been happening in government on the inside has been a total disaster for everything. And it is only an illusion born against all of the American people that the 2 sides of both major parties have been fighting against each other, while at the very same time both fighting against us all in many ways.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

The above list has been exaggerated exactly like the MSM does to make opposition look foolish

No, it is exactly what right wingers, including most on this site, swore Obama would do for 8 years, there's nothing exaggerated about it.

If it makes you look foolish that's because you were very foolish with your ridiculously exaggerated if not outright lying claims.

Even Glen Beck just admitted that he massively exaggerated how "bad" Obama was.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The above list has been exaggerated exactly like the MSM does to make opposition look foolish

No, it is exactly what right wingers, including most on this site, swore Obama would do for 8 years, there's nothing exaggerated about it.

If it makes you look foolish that's because you were very foolish with your ridiculously exaggerated if not outright lying claims.

I posted multiple links to prove exactly what the OP was claiming and it was easily swept under the rug/completely ignored.

But the drive-by partisan ad hom attacks are the center of the thread.

People can't see past their partisan blinders. It's a damn shame.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

It's always fascinating when plebians make claims about the economy

Plebian? I have two degrees, IT certifications, and was in military intelligence for 8 years, in contrast to most people on this site who aren't even capable of writing a correct sentence.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

So, now that the Obama administration is almost over we have a great opportunity to review the accuracy and possible intentions of 8 years of conservative attacks and hyperbole on the President. He has been constantly attacked, vilified, insulted and tarnished solely for being different than the conservative stereotype of a leader. Anyways, let's review some of the predictions and accusations that were lobbed at him for their veracity.
Conservatives said Obama would:

1. Take away everyone's guns- false
2. End capitalism- false
3. Outlaw Christianity and install Islam- false
4. Destroy America- false
5. Cause hyperinflation- false
6. Cause another 9-11 in America- false
7. Install a new Fairness Doctrine- FALSE (if he did we wouldn't have fake news everywhere)

Honestly, I can't think of a single prediction made by the right about Obama that was actually true. What we must infer from this is that conservatives are either really deluded, or really dishonest. I think we can safely conclude that it's the latter, since they haven't learned from their mistakes over 8 entire years.

He did his best on most of all those points in plain view.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

It's always fascinating when plebians make claims about the economy

Plebian? I have two degrees, IT certifications, and was in military intelligence for 8 years, in contrast to most people on this site who aren't even capable of writing a correct sentence.

And that right there is a fine example of why America has failed up till now with that display of arrogance. This is exactly why you lost and exactly why Hillary lost. And you will never win by defending liars, cheaters, and thugs. You won't win by denying what they have done either.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

That's because his God lost out to Trump.

Lol that you really believe him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join