It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lies of the Right

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well one thing is for sure Obama was horrible for jobs and the economy.

I am doing some research for a paper dealing with a potential “lost” generation of the United States, like Japan had.
Specifically, I am examining unemployment for college graduates aged 22-36.

On the surface the number looks great, 2.9%. Fantastic right?

Well, post Reagan, we have this little thing called “participation rate”, that is those people within a particular demographic that have “given up” looking for a job.

Talking to some demographers at the Department of State and Census Bureau, the definition of “participation rate” has shifted somewhat over time, but it generally relates to people who have not found a job after x months, are not disabled or have obtained independent wealth in some form.

Also, currently if you work 4 hours a week you are considered ‘employed’.

Some difficulties I am having are:

1. Separating out the chronically underemployed, or working under the table for cash.
2. Separating out people older than 36 but younger than 45 (the next age bracket)
3. Trying to figure out % of people employed in their chosen profession.

My best estimation is that the current “participation rate” is around ~75%.

This means for this demographic, the “true” unemployed rate as defined by the Reagan era and before is ~27.9%.

We are still at Great Depression era levels of unemployment, at least in this demographic.

To answer the question, Japan’s lost generation had nearly 50% unemployment rate.

Yea, Obama did great for our kids.

-Nhilar

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I don't know number 4 if it hasn't already been destroyed it is pretty darn close to it as far as the economy goes.

Number seven, the reason you don't see hyperinflation is because fuel prices went down. But did you see any regular commodities go down? NO!

We were told in 2015 January by a Saudi prince that the Oil prices were artificially inflated. Now as they raised the artificial price of oil over the last 40 years we were told cost had to increase because of the oil prices going up. If that were true we would have seen everything come down but nothing really came down.

So if fuel came down to below $60 as it did and nothing else came down is because there was hyper-inflation going on.

edit on 30-12-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Well, NO... Because everything Trump promised so far he has already succeeded in doing.

Oh dear, funny how you ignore Trump's obvious lies.... How he lied when he said he would release his tax records.... but that is trumpets for you, they lie to support their God Emperor!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Aren't you one of those who were moving if Trump Got Elected?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Aren't you one of those who were moving if Trump Got Elected?

No, what are you babbling about now?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Well, NO... Because everything Trump promised so far he has already succeeded in doing.

Oh dear, funny how you ignore Trump's obvious lies.... How he lied when he said he would release his tax records.... but that is trumpets for you, they lie to support their God Emperor!

I have been watching you do this with Obama for years now, and thought "Gee I want to be like you" I thought you would be happy!

(but it's the hypocrite party I'm dealing with here)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Just Checking, because what you are saying is what some of those "I will leave the country if Trump is voted President" then never did, said.

edit on 30-12-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

I completely agree. I really miss the old ATS. Almost everything is political now and not in a conspiracy kind of way.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: lucidclouds

Politics has come down to being conspiracy especially under the Obama Administration.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: plaindoughnut

originally posted by: GreyScale

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Wow, sources? You're making large accusations of lies I have never heard.

Back off... liberals don't need sources. Didn't you get the DNC memo?

Anything bad that happened the Russians did. Anything that you don't understand about how great Obama is just reflects the fact that you are a xenophobic racist bigoted sexist. Besides, it's Bush's fault.

If you're not on the left you lie. It's pretty simple.

/sarcasm

To the OP... thank you for posting. Keep doing so, over and over and over and over until your political ideology finally dies.

You can Not deny this wasn't all over fox news for thr Last 8 years.
Trump ans the Republican party will blame all of trumps failures on Obama. Guaranteed.

Well, NO... Because everything Trump promised so far he has already succeeded in doing. He's already created more real jobs than Obama just because companies are excited by his mandate and how he will keep jobs here, and companies are already anticipating this and announcing these new jobs coming like IBM. And Trump isn't even president at the moment.

The left will blame Trump's SUCCESSES on ... what?

OMG you actually believe what you have written............do you ever cross check the news? or do you blindly believe things that agree with your views and rabidly disagree with stories that conflict with your views? No need to answer I already know.

So easily misled.

(BTW the above is a hint to check the facts behind the Ford story and the IBM story DUH it takes about 10 fricking seconds)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: plaindoughnut

originally posted by: GreyScale

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Wow, sources? You're making large accusations of lies I have never heard.

Back off... liberals don't need sources. Didn't you get the DNC memo?

Anything bad that happened the Russians did. Anything that you don't understand about how great Obama is just reflects the fact that you are a xenophobic racist bigoted sexist. Besides, it's Bush's fault.

If you're not on the left you lie. It's pretty simple.

/sarcasm

To the OP... thank you for posting. Keep doing so, over and over and over and over until your political ideology finally dies.

You can Not deny this wasn't all over fox news for thr Last 8 years.
Trump ans the Republican party will blame all of trumps failures on Obama. Guaranteed.

Well, NO... Because everything Trump promised so far he has already succeeded in doing. He's already created more real jobs than Obama just because companies are excited by his mandate and how he will keep jobs here, and companies are already anticipating this and announcing these new jobs coming like IBM. And Trump isn't even president at the moment.

The left will blame Trump's SUCCESSES on ... what?

OMG you actually believe what you have written............do you ever cross check the news? or do you blindly believe things that agree with your views and rabidly disagree with stories that conflict with your views? No need to answer I already know.

So easily misled.

(BTW the above is a hint to check the facts behind the Ford story and the IBM story DUH it takes about 10 fricking seconds)

Thanks for the giggles and entertaintedment.

I just am so happy that Hillary LOST. Go Trump! He is creating more jobs in 30 days than Obama has in 8 frigging years Bro!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
As Inauguration approaches, liberals are facing the immediacy of their defeat. It's triggering more and more threads like this. The thought of Trump being sworn in and sitting behind that desk in the Oval Office come the morning of 21st is literally churning them up inside.

Obama was a disaster as a President in every way - Trump has already shown he will be much better at leading a country.

The world is a mess and on the brink of WWIII all because Obama has no backbone. None of his promises were met and he's left a country more divided than I can remember seeing. The economy is stagnant and no amount of massaging the employment figures is going to hide that the workforce has given up even looking for work in their millions.

He's spent his Presidency on the golf course, honing his comedy act for his fawning media and celeb. audiences, and facilitating radical groups to create chaos.

The entire world is breathing a sign of relief that he is leaving the Whitehouse.

The biggest shame of his Presidency is that as the first black President he failed to help the African American community and he failed to address race relations. He made them worse. Far from being a source of pride in the black community, he will go down as a source of shame.

edit on 13/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join