It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Creative Junkie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Introduction

Im doing some research into creativity and the creative minds. Finding the right approach to the topic is difficult one, mostly cause people in general want to see themselves as something more than a domesticated primate within a society and cant relate to other animals, another factor, people in general arent interested if its not about them. But i found a common field that can unite mostly everyone with a gifted mind, and its Autism.

Instead of approaching different fields and separate them, i could unite them with a single aspect called " Brain Study Finds Evidence that Autism Involves Too Many Synapses." The tragic part, instead of nurturing it, they saw a controversial way of "normalizing" a gift from mother nature and mother nature doesnt rely on mistakes.

We are all drug addicts in one way or another, love, food, sex, we see them as simple basic privileges in life. When all put aside, those three alone puts you into a state of feeling good, the brain rewards your simple purpose and meaning in life. And i know most of you think you have a higher purpose than that, well, you also take a s#.

Instead of approaching the musical brain and finding "The Zone or the flow" I ventured into autism and looked at "Autism and music, and its reward"
Instead of approaching the aesthetics in art, i ventured into the realm of colors and form, and the serenity if offers to the autistic brain.

These minds are Universal, they dont hold a subjective narrative, they are truly the Gods within this realm, the rest just fills out their places of need.

This is just my opinion, proven wrong or otherwise, its subjective to what i think. I think the problem lies with us screwing with their hardwiring and labeling them into a a field where we consider them strange or even stupid, when in fact they outshine mostly everyone
--

Autism Spectrum

The term autism spectrum or autism spectrum disorder describes a range of conditions classified as neurodevelopmental disorders, individuals diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder must present two types of symptoms:

1.Deficits in social communication and social interaction
2.Restricted, repetitive patterns of behavior, interests or activities.

Features of these disorders include social deficits and communication difficulties, stereotyped or repetitive behaviors and interests, sensory issues, and in some cases, cognitive delays.

Autism spectrum disorder

--

Brain Study

Brain Study Finds Evidence that Autism Involves Too Many Synapses, a newly published brain-tissue study suggests that children affected by autism have a surplus of synapses, or connections between brain cells. The excess is due to a slowdown in the normal pruning process that occurs during brain development, the researchers say, [ Click For Article... ]

Study Suggests Children With Autism Have Extra Synapses

The Role of Synapses in Memory - On Our Mind

The Anatomy of Memory - On Our Mind

Brain: Memory In Brain Full Documentary 2016 (720p) HD

--

Famous people

The list contains a wast number of people in different areas of expertise, what combines them is that even though they lived centuries ago, they showed the same tendencies, and most likely would be classified within the Autism category. The names underneath are most likely names you have heard before;

Handel

Beethoven

Bach

Mozart

Mark Twain

Einstein

Bell

Newton

Edison and Tesla

Michelangelo

Da Vinci

Van Gogh

--

Conclusion

The brain’s mesolimbic dopamine system, its reward pathway, is stimulated by all types of reinforcing stimuli, such as food, sex, and many drugs of abuse. This pathway originates in a region of the midbrain called the ventral tegmental area and extends to the nucleus accumbens, one of the brain’s key reward areas. Besides reward, this circuit also regulates emotions and motivation.

In the normal communication process, dopamine is released by a neuron into the synapse (the small gap between two neurons), where it binds to specialized proteins called dopamine receptors on the neighboring neuron. By this process, dopamine acts as a chemical messenger, carrying a signal from neuron to neuron.

Dopamine then accumulates in the synapse to produce an amplified signal to the receiving neurons. This is what causes the euphoria commonly experienced immediately after.
--

Source

Brain Study Finds Evidence
The Musical Brain
Autism Spectrum

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
There is insufficient data to verify any of the claims in the post above.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Just reading the section on the Autism Spectrum. My 10 year old girl has just been diagnosed and said to be on the Autism Spectrum mainly down to the fact that's she eats her food individually off a plate(Something i my self done into my 30s and im not autistic.). Apparently did not play with dolls provided at her assessment in the correct manner, and when asked about an adult relationships did not respond appropriately(Shes 10!). What a lot of bullcrap.

Obviously we have requested a second opinion.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

There is much more to AS, she could be mimicking you eating. If she has AS, well, look at her interest and nurture it, get a pet, reward good behavior.. The only way you can access her is through a pet, she can't relate to humans, logical fallacies

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Buddy the point is the wean does not have a problems relating to issues anymore than any other 10 years old does.

The issue is that she has problems concentrating in school down to the fact that she has little or no interest in what her teacher has to say(Surprise surprise).

She can do her schoolwork just fine and excels at art and anything other of an artistic nature, singing, dancing, acting. Generally anything that screams look at me.

Fact of the matter imho our government authorities and medical health care professionals are labeling our children under the Autism spectrum for little or no reason, and that spectrum is vast and so little understood that it has no bearing whatsoever regarding the reality these children face.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I view autism as essentially over-functioning sections of the brain which usually results in analytical genius. However it usually has a negative impact on their social skills, they spend so much time thinking and learning that their social skills get neglected, much like how most "nerds" are not very socially skilled people. However I've seen many autistic children develop into normal people because they were able to grow up in a healthy and loving environment.

I wouldn't exactly say autism is equivalent to increased intelligence, too much brain activity can cause a person to lose all control of their body and thought process. However most autistic people are extremely smart even if it doesn't look like it, and by learning to control their thoughts and develop their social skills, they can have the best of both worlds. That is what the most creative and intelligent people throughout history have managed to do.
edit on 22/12/2016 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The issue is that she has problems concentrating in school down to the fact that she has little or no interest in what her teacher has to say(Surprise surprise).

She can do her schoolwork just fine and excels at art and anything other of an artistic nature, singing, dancing, acting. Generally anything that screams look at me.

Fact of the matter imho our government authorities and medical health care professionals are labeling our children under the Autism spectrum for little or no reason, and that spectrum is vast and so little understood that it has no bearing whatsoever regarding the reality these children face.

Sounds like an attention deficit "disorder" not a form of autism, but I would say 90% of kids have attention problems these days and there's no need to apply a medical label to it, that wont help her at all. Like you said, these are just broad labels which have little bearing on reality, children don't need to be perfect robots, they are individuals and some will enjoy learning less than others, some may take time to know what they want. I was a horrible student, didn't pay attention in most classes and skipped school all the time. Now I'm an experienced programmer and a complete nerd. However my social life is much less active than it used to be, which gets back to my original point.

We don't need to slap a medical label on a person because they hate book learning and don't pay attention in class because they're always talking with their friends. We also don't need to slap a medical label on a person because they don't like socializing or interacting with people but enjoy time alone to study. These are just different types of personalities, introverted and extroverted. I would say true autism is when introversion is taken to the extreme, and like anything taken to the extreme it's usually not a healthy thing. The same thing applies for extroversion, and some attention disorders can be truly problematic, but if doctors had their way most kids would be on drugs.
edit on 22/12/2016 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

When i was at primary school in the 80s that was called bad behavior.

Fact is medical professionals attempt to place people into boxes they can identify with, sort, and account for.

To be honest the wee lass has come on leaps and bounds since we moved home as she can associate with other children her own age.

Here is the thing through, if i was to agree with there first assessment, as was pointed out by her assessor to myself, she would be entitled to DLA monies. So essentially "They" are offering financial incentives to family's willing to let them place there misbehaved children(By there account) into "There" little boxes. What a world???

And we wonder as to why our national health service if floundering or we cannot afford to pay for our social security???

This is why, amungst other reason.

top topics

join