It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-BREAKING- FBI backs CIA view that Russia intervened to help Trump win

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Looks like the evidence is overwhelming that even Comey now agrees with the CIA view that the Russians intervened to help Trump win the election.

FBI Director James B. Comey and Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. are in agreement with a CIA assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election in part to help Donald Trump win the presidency, according to U.S. officials.

Comey’s support for the CIA’s conclusion reflects the fact that the leaders of the three agencies have always been in agreement on Russian intentions, officals said, contrary to suggestions by some lawmakers that the FBI disagreed with the CIA.

Specifically, CIA briefers told the senators it was now “quite clear” that electing Trump was one of Russia’s goals, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

Washington Post

It'll be interesting to see where all this leads to, and whether or not the Electoral College will get briefed on the matter.

Will Putin's puppet be allowed to get into the White House, or will the House of Representatives choose our next president?

+71 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

You people keep flirting with civil war with your Russian conspiracy theories.

Be careful what you ask for.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Saw this earlier and was waiting for someone to post.

Kind of rips apart the conspiracy that there's an internal power struggle between the CIA and FBI.

I'm not a Trump supporter by any means, but one either has to be blind or willfully ignorant to not see what is going on.

What I ask - what if this is all orchestrated? What if we have been played, again - such as he case with Obummer?

If my questions are unfounded and wrong then fantastic, but what if they're not?

Regardless - #ery is afoot and its up to the diligence of the American populace to find some sort of "truth," (if at all possible) in a field full of propoganda and disinformation.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Of course its being framed as Russia was trying to HELP TRUMP, not the truth that they were really trying to HURT HILLARY & OBAMA. Them deliberately fallaciously twisting the language like this is propaganda (which according to them propaganda is FAKE NEWS).

If Putin blew up our ally like this:

Then we'd be talking trash about him too. Hell, weren't they talking trash about Putin the entire time they've had Al Qaeda on the ground there blowing up Syria?

Meanwhile, the DNC server hack in question had essentially zero impact on the election:

edit on 16-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

+41 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Next week, from the ministry of truth.... How Trump used hidden Tesla technology to contact Zeta Reticuli and recruit it's alien overlords as helpers.

This is just utterly absurd and until they PROVE it (does ANYONE know what this means anymore damn it) and SHOW THE PUBLIC this evidence they have (if any) you shouldn't believe it either. This is the same Comey that said Hillary broke the law but "what can you do, eh".

Everything in America at the moment is ass BACKWARDS. I just don't understand some people's willingness to accept lies?

Show me ONE proof that this happened, one. Bet you can't.

It's the same proof Blair had about WMD's in Iraq. The same proof the media had about babies being dragged from incubators and rubbed along the floor, it's FAKE. FAKE'. FAKE. FAKE. FAKE news folks.

Seriously here is what you're buying into here, literally and read this properly it's important.

"Hey guys, we here at the CIA and FBI know Russia hacked the election, we have proof you see but we can't show you, you have to trust we have it though. No really we have it in spades, want to see it? You can't see it sorry. We'll show the proof one day, maybe not though, depends how this plays out".

They have PROVED NOTHING.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Civil war? How do you tell one side from the other. Sounds like a very thinly veiled threat.

Be careful what you wish for indeed!
edit on 16-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

"You people" are the ones who say the words 'Civil War'.

You're just itching for justified murder.

+37 more 
link   
I just can't take the opinion of these agencies as valid, they sound to me like a bunch of useless people desperate to keep a job

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
originally posted by: muse7

according to U.S. officials.

according to the officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

I can't see the article because they want me to create an account first.

Why is it that Washington post are the ones that breaks these Russian anonymous source stories, then MSNBC quotes WaPo as their source, and CNN sources MSNBC.

edit on 16-12-2016 by omniEther because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

"You people" are the ones who say the words 'Civil War'. You're just itching for justified murder.

That's an interesting accusation.

Unlike most of you people I've actually seen what happens to a population when war is visited upon it.

Right now we have a push to upend a legitimate election based on nothing more than unsubstantiated accusations.

That's the kind of thing that leads to civil war. If you wanna see FOBs in your neighborhood and bloodshed in your streets keep pushing it. Because you'll get it. This is exactly what the left in this country wants. Utter chaos, the destruction of American institutions, and eventually the deaths of all who oppose them.

+10 more 
link   
a reply to: omniEther

Who else can they source, not the actual evidence that's for sure because.... Oh wait there is none.

This is an unbelievable turn of events, I can't fathom why no one is actually demanding proof, are we losing our minds or is it just me? This is EXACTLY what Blair did with Iraq and now people are falling for it again ALREADY! Am I on crazy pills?

link   
Does this mean all the Trump votes are null and void ?

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Just FYI when I saw this headline I went back to places I had seen a news story earlier today tat reported Russian hacker attempts on the RNC that were repulsed because the RNC had better security. Now tat I go back all those links have disappeared. What's up with that, I wonder? They were on Bing's "auto news" feature at the bottom of the screen.

EDIT TO ADD: I found it. Ruskies tried to hack RNC and failed

But to the point: So far all I have heard is that "Russia hacked the emails."

Were the emails real? Yes.
Were the emails changed at all? No.

So what's the problem?
edit on 12/16/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther

originally posted by: muse7

according to U.S. officials.

according to the officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity.[

I can't see the article because they want me to create an count first.

Why is it that Washington post are the ones that breaks these Russian anonymous source stories, then MSNBC quotes WaPo as their source, and CNN sources MSNBC.

You'll see that on blog sites quite often and it's a fallacy. I learned all about it during my college studies and the process of citing objective sources.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Clapper lied to Congress. Bill and Hillary lied to Congress. Reason why they lost. A mountain of lies and deceit.

Trump does not even need the electors. House calls it in that case and the Republicans control both houses. You know, It's funny, when Democrats are made aware of this fact they still say, but....but....no, if blah blah happens.

NO. It's over. Like Loretta being asked if Obama can pardon illegal aliens. NO. Not possible.

+26 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This is such garbage for many reasons.

1.Why didn't the great CIA and all those intel agencies figure this out as it was happening??
Are they actually that useless and are willing to admit it by claiming the Russians did this?

2.Washington Post is like reading Dr. Suess without the rhymes.

3.They just admitted that they can control elections....if the inferior Russians can do it...why can't the U.S establishment do it as well??

4.Are they butthurt they lost their predetermined (s)election??

Either way...it stinks worse than an outdoor poophouse.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Blah blah blah, my point is only Conservatives actually say 'civil war' and cite the left as the cause.

I don't think you understand how war works.

A bunch of Conservatives running around murdering random liberal people isn't a 'war'.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Way to miss the point.

I have little interest in your bait.

But I will say this:

Upending legitimate elections WILL lead to war. It's one of the few reasons to legitimately go to war within the confines of ones nation. Keep that in mind. The government and the leftist institutions of the media are counting on it.

link   
a reply to: projectvxn

"This is exactly what the left in this country wants. Utter chaos, the destruction of American institutions, and eventually the deaths of all who oppose them."

LOL. Talk about hyperbole.

+5 more 
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
This is such garbage for many reasons.

1.Why didn't the great CIA and all those intel agencies figure this out as it was happening??
Are they actually that useless and are willing to admit it by claiming the Russians did this?

2.Washington Post is like reading Dr. Suess without the rhymes.

3.They just admitted that they can control elections....if the inferior Russians can do it...why can't the U.S establishment do it as well??

4.Are they butthurt they lost their predetermined (s)election??

Either way...it stinks worse than an outdoor poophouse.

You got to give the CIA some credit, they are great at selling weapons and drugs and manipulation other countries.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join