It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-When Did Winter Storms Get Names?-Winter Storm Decima, The Weather Channel Excited

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'm in the small swath that's getting this southern snow storm. There's about six inches out there already and it's coming down hard in waves. It's steady tiny tiny flakes right now and cold ! Brrrrr. This is the south WTF!

We are not prepared for this. Our city only has a small number of plows because snow though it does occur obviously, is rare and most years we don't get accumulations requiring plows.

They close the schools when they can see a dusting on the streets lol.

We have the highest snow totals for the region in my city. The guy on tv just said.

I'm in with no plans of going out.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

Thing is here in Virginia we call this winter too. But not our winter.
Our winter averages 45 for most of the season but days in the 60s or 70s are not uncommon.

This one, I think it's Helana will cripple Norfolk which is prone to extreme flooding as it is.

And our citizens don't get much opportunity to drive in this so they are all over the roads with lack of experience.

I'm a northern transplant. For that very reason I stay off the roads.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Hey I'm a weather nerd. I sit on my porch during thunder storms and go outside during a hurricane just to feel the sting of the rain and force of the wind.
I also love big waves at the beach and roller coasters. LOL.

<< 1   >>

join