It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silly Liberals: you're trying to hand Trump these 'fake news' censorship machinations!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

This entire fake news thing is interesting to watch.

Throughout this election we have seen fake news pushed by the Right Wing, including some of the dumbest "conspiracies" I think I've ever heard of. It is exposed that many sites pushing that fake news were created to profit from the gullibility and confirmation bias of many on the Right, and now we get to witness the full-retard defense mechanism kick in as their idiocy is put out in the open.

I don't think anyone is pushing for outright censorship, as many of you claim. What we are seeing is media outlets and social media sites trying to protect themselves from potential liability issues that could arise from their users spreading these fake news stories.

To put it plainly, the Right Wing has crossed too many lines and now have become a liability. This is a monster of your own creation. Perhaps you should have been interested in the truth and fact, instead of self-serving confirmation bias.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Really, the whole sane world is laughing about the USA, Trump and his voters that get fooled live right now, but only the Trump voters are right and the whole world is wrong(except russia, maybe)? 

Hey now...watch those blanket statements. There are plenty of us in America who are laughing right along with you.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

All this stuff all year about Trump being a dictator, and here you go you're 'all' arguing in favor of the government and crony corporations to dictate what is and is not permit-able to speak online to such degrees it is poised to be enforced via the ultimate artificial intelligence driven censorship platform imaginable?

No, we're not. I don't know anyone who is arguing in favor of government censorship at all. As for social media companies, they can censor as they see fit because they're private businesses.

You keep trying to make this an issue about free speech vs censorship and fighting your imaginary battles against straw men though!

I guess nobody should be allowed to point out hoaxes of any kind. If some guy says he's got a dead bigfoot in his freezer, you best not question him! And if you dare tell somebody else, "yeah man, that dude is full of s#" well then you're just facilitating dictatorship.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The leftists are trying to remove their right to criticize Trump.

You can't make this stuff up!

hahahahahahahahahaha

You can in fact make it up and right-wingers will stampede to believe it. This thread is evidence of it.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

No they're not, conservatives always love to play the victim and accuse liberals of literally everything. It's the same song and dance time and time again. I guarantee you, you and your fellow conservatives will not be censored by liberals in a week, month, year, years from now via the internet.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Speaking of "silly" liberals, I see a few have shown up to spew their twisted view of reality also known as domestic propaganda.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

It's true. One day, people supporting censorship of news and information will be sorry.

Obama & the MSM will trick them into consenting to censorship and they will never be able to legitimately gripe about it when they are on the 'losing' end. They will be sorry then.

Party before country...whether you are a Democrat or Republican. That's how it always is.

The best thing all voters could ever do is leave these two parties and declare their independence. It is a liberation.
edit on 16-12-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It's great seeing ATS's ringleader in pushing the MSM narrative in here acting like a voice of reason.
edit on 16-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

All you do is cry about liberals

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Udntknowjack

Trying to show them their folly isn't crying. And there's a lot of folly they need to wake up to. The republicans had to put up with me too after they had 8 years to go full pigheaded.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I've seen multiple threads from you which consist of huge paragraphs mainly insulting liberals. Most liberals (same with conservatives) are morons. Don't see why you should waste your time

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
And you silly right wingers still support Trump even after he admitted to conning you.

You are worse than a cult because once cult members understood the truth, they ran for the hills. He's throwing the truth right in your face and you are running towards the fire. I don't see how any well-balanced, rational adult could support him after this. Before, you had a case.

Now, after this stunt on his Thank-You tour, you have none whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Absolutely, snowflakes are the ultimate hypocrites.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

Yawn.

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
So the argument hinges on him being reluctant to use a catchphrase he thought sounded "hokey", and when people liked it then he put his heart into how he said it, and now that means it was all a charade? His campaign during & after has been anchored on getting out corruption. I know now that's being spun by the left as if anybody has money or experience that means they're on par with Hillary's DNC CF CTR crony hierarchy, but wow what ultra super mega double double standards those are.

Dude isn't even in office yet, everyone knows he says oddball stuff, so to go and get literal about goofy articulations before anything and spin it as he chumped his supporters, um wow.

His pledge is his first 100 days. He hasn't even had 1 day yet. But the left wants to act as if he's already ad 8 years. And they somehow expect to gain respect from people who aren't left or right but hopped on the Trump Train specifically to end their power strangle hold of oppressive regressive insanity.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The tools the globalists set up to silence all popular dissent will soon to be used to eliminate their propaganda.

Hilarious. I don't think you could get a greater backlash if you tried.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I can't wait for you to eat that yawn. So far I have been right.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Really, the whole sane world is laughing about the USA, Trump and his voters that get fooled live right now, but only the Trump voters are right and the whole world is wrong(except russia, maybe)? 

I wonder what country you're in making those blanket statements, because based on the track-record A Hillary presidency would've likely inevitably toppled your government

And I wonder how many of you would enroll in the military and be shipped to fight a proxy war in Syria if the allegations were proved true.

Rhetorical question. 0

Whu do want to believe these top official sources speaking on the conditions of anonymity so bad. It's pretty much like saying "hey we just made this s### up".
edit on 17-12-2016 by omniEther because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
From the same comedy lineup that brought you the Gulf of Tonkin Incident and Saddam's Weapons of Mass Destruction,

Now comes "Russian hacking allegations".

Wow, they've really let themselves go.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: gernblan
Absolutely, snowflakes are the ultimate hypocrites.

Idk, you ever consider how often the right complains about snokeflakes?

Literally more than snow. I barely ever hear SJW arguments that somehow relate the advocate to the issue. It shouldn't matter if a whiny idiot is expressing a point if they're correct. Denying the points on these terms seems like the most ludicrous baseless stance to me personally. In almost every case, it's character assassination priority over a progressive narrative. SJW don't even call themselves SJW really, this has just become a huge ego-stroke fest topic for the right to jizz all over one another in big ego-stroking of inequality and being on the superior end of it.

Only a total idiot would be against Social Justice, or even Political Correctness. Sure, there are reasonable criticisms and real issues with catering to those ideologies solely, but taking the stance that it's completely unnecessary and can be complete disregarded, if not, purposefully pushed against is backwards-society in action. People literally have died for your right to vote. Some would call this politically correct social justice. Bunch of fags they are too huh! Essentially, the new narrative isn't just against specific equality issues, but rather social justice and equality in general as a whole, and that is just too gross to deal with.

I wish I could cry all day about anonymous people that advocate equal rights, and have sympathizers rub my ego until it explodes because said 'equal rights' somehow excludes me, but that's more exhausting than removing my own fingers with pliers, so.
edit on 17-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Do you mean like they laughed at him when he said he would win the Presidency? I guess like all the rest of us, you will just have to wait and see what happens.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join