It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silly Liberals: you're trying to hand Trump these 'fake news' censorship machinations!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
All this stuff all year about Trump being a dictator, and here you go you're 'all' arguing in favor of the government and crony corporations to dictate what is and is not permit-able to speak online to such degrees it is poised to be enforced via the ultimate artificial intelligence driven censorship platform imaginable?

I swear I heard every possible argument from the left this year about how Trump is Hitler reincarnate, oh so many articles and threads and posts about him supposedly being an authoritarian because he's a jerk.

I've been working on some big pieces dead set on resisting this "fake news" push for liberal 'trigger warning sticker' censorship, yet the whole thing is coming down as government decrees, while Trump is against the biased socially engineering MSM that I myself loathe. Maybe I should be arguing for it with you guys?

Eleven Years On: How ‘The Washington Post’ Helped Give Us the Iraq War
In the months before the war, The Washington Post ran more than 140 stories on its front page promoting the war.

“We are inevitably the mouthpiece for whatever administration is in power.“ —WaPo Reporter Karen DeYoung.

What was the hot topic the other day that you guys flagged like 100 times? Oh, that Trump supporters are living in an alternate reality. What planet are you guys living on?

Talk about going out like you're going out of style. Not only are you doubling down on all the things that lost you the election, but you're apparently trying to seal your own lips in your last breath.

Good luck with all that. I'll be fighting it regardless of who or what because it is pure censorship, and Censorship Is The Language Of Dictators...
edit on 16-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Trump is literally Hitler despite it being the left limiting and policing our language through political correctness. Despite the left using brown shirt(Sturmabteilung) tactics to prevent or shut down opposing view points(see the protests against Trump and and the cancellation of right wing speakers at universities) as well of course the use of violence against those with conservative opinions. The left can complain of violence against them, but evidence is rare if at all available.
edit on 16-12-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's insanity to watch this happening.
Land of the free? Pah!
Home of the brave? Pah!
The constitution? Pah!

This country isn't a shadow of its former self, the government failed us a century ago, and this is the path we're doomed to follow.

I will not let my lips be sealed- I will speak out. I will fight, to my last breath, for the rights of these people to whine and bitch about fake news causing harm- as well as my rights to call them, and any officials on their side, a bunch of idiots.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The leftists are trying to remove their right to criticize Trump.

You can't make this stuff up!

hahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I can see why the right would be angry about the recent facebook changes, without fake news they would have nothing to debate with.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Censorship (shutters).... that is just beyond scary. People should be free to say all the dumb stuff they want. Just as anyone who does not wish to hear it should be free to walk away... or change the channel.
10 different versions of the same story... allow me to be free to read them all and discern for myself what is fake and what is truth

BTW...if you cant tell the difference between the click bait news sights and all the rest.... you have to really ask yourself honestly,,,, should I be voting for anything more complicated than where to go for dinner.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The right controls the house, senate and the Presidency!

The left and the MSN are fast becoming irrelevant. The more they raise their voice the more irrelevant they become!
When will the media realize that when they start reporting the truth without their leftwing spin they will be on their way to becoming relevant again. Although it may well be to late. Some of us have long memories and we never forget.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bigdaddycruel6699

Your post:

I can see why the right would be angry about the recent facebook changes, without fake news they would have nothing to debate with.

I find it ironic that you would even say such a thing. It seems that most of the fake-news you are talking about comes from the left.

Remember what CNN said: It is illegal for Americans to read Wikileaks, or the fact that it was WAPO that started the whole Russian hacking story which according to most reasonable sources never happened. The problem with the MSM is that they are entirely unbelievable! You're left wing view doesn't change that.

People just need to stop using Facebook and Twitter because they do not care about the truth. They only care about their agenda.

Right about now someone without an agenda could make some serious money creating a new social media company that doesn't pander to the left. People would come in droves.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Ummmm, fake news exists everywhere but especially in conservative circles so let's stop being partisan hacks and recongize that propaganda via our govt is very real and it has nothing to do with liberals or conservatives because the elites behind the curtains don't give a crap about you, they only care about themselves, power, and greed. More importantly, they want a nation divided to cover their own crimes so how about you stop making threads attacking liberals and focus on the real enemies?

Propaganda is as old as human written history.
edit on 16-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Who is handing what to Trump?

Then you move to how the fake news label is censorship to how bad possible fake news from WaPo was.

There was a LOT of fake news during the election, pointing out that Clinton didn't have a colostomy bag under her suit did not lose the election.

The OP is disjointed.

Trump voters ARE in an alternate reality.

edit on 16-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It`s funny how the whole sane world is laughing right now about the Trump voters and how they are fooled, but only the Trump voters are not willing to accept the reality that is happening right in front of their nose now, since Trump "won" the "elections".

How Trump rewards six of the people, that gave the most money for Trumps campaign, to his horror cabinet.
Nepotism??? No, when Trump does it, it is to save the left-behind people and make the USA(not America) "great again"...

How Trump puts three, 3! generals into his team, because he likes generals and HIS generals are the best(original Trump quote, saw the video right now on german TV, Heute Show). Other keep cats or dogs, Trump keeps generals. Ruling of the renewed military-industrial complex, known to love people, at most the enraged, concerned and left-behind ones? If Trump does it, it is good for the Trump voters...

How Trump puts the Wallstreet into his team, but the Wallstreet, till Trump put it into his horror cabinet, was the most evil thing on earth(it is!). Now it is good for the Trump voters, will save the left-behind people now.

How Trump puts the establishment into his team, to allegedly destroy the establishment. Trump voters celebrate that suddenly, because "ultrarich people can´t be bribed...

And none of his voters wants to see what´s happening, they all refuse to accept the reality, like little childs that think they are invisible when they put their hands on their eyes.
Or like:

Really, the whole sane world is laughing about the USA, Trump and his voters that get fooled live right now, but only the Trump voters are right and the whole world is wrong(except russia, maybe)?

But don´t stop to refuse the reality, dear Trump/righwing voters.
Because laughing is healthy, and at least you can be used as a bad and laughable example for the rest of the worlds confused rightwingers. Don´t mind to feel like winners and believe that Trump will save you "concerned, enraged and left-behind", not rich citizens, workers, taxpayers. With his team comprising of "Mother Theresa, Saint Martin, Ghandi, etc"...
You will not have a lot of time to feel like winners anymore!

But, please don´t make me stop laughing!

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Please stop generalizing an entire demographic based on the words of corrupt politicians who are paid to say divisive things.

Sincerely, everyone who isn't buying into the divisive rhetoric.
edit on 12/16/2016 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

On this site I've seen not a single Trump supporter argue in favor of .gov/.corp censorship related to this "FAKE NEWS" (or any other form of censorship for that matter), while I have not seen a single Hillary supporter argue against it. Instead I've seen the resident liberals in droves on here arguing the merits of it, and all the MSM / Obama excuses related to justifying it. Sure not every ObamaHillaryCo. supporter is out here propping it up, but basically none of them are in here smacking it down, but well they've been silent about it if anything. Of course I don't know precisely everyones leanings in the site, but I know enough of them if where the words alone don't make it blatantly obvious.

FACT: It's totally legal for the politicians / government / media / corporations to LIE to everyone, even to start wars that KILL MILLIONS, but nope we can't post stupid stuff that they dont deem fit.

And that logic is everything we've been seeing from the trigger warning sticker happy far left this year, and in every thread criticizing all that kind of mania the usual liberals come running in to defend them by any means necessary.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bigdaddycruel6699

More likely the other way around. The left might actually have to do some research and listen to their opponents completely for once instead of taking random out of context soundbites.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Silly republicans. Will never admit to the exact same things they accuse the democrats of doing on a daily basis.
Oh silly republicans, so lost in delusion an denial.
Oh silly republicans.
Oh. Silly.
Oh.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

And then you're proven wrong and you can be the laughing stock
Oh I can't wait till his presidency.

These leftists/Democrats do the same things they say they oppose, namely generalize as the above.
edit on 16-12-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Liberals are trying to accomplish the following things:

1. Censor anything that goes beyond their official narrative;
2. Create safe space for sensitive people;
3. They tried to get Hillary Clinton elected president, thankfully they've failed;
4. They are trying to control what we can say and post on the internet;

If you ask me, they are the real enemies of the free society, along side their sponsors

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Swills

Liberals are trying to accomplish the following things:

1. Censor anything that goes beyond their official narrative;
2. Create safe space for sensitive people;
3. They tried to get Hillary Clinton elected president, thankfully they've failed;
4. They are trying to control what we can say and post on the internet;

If you ask me, they are the real enemies of the free society, along side their sponsors

*cough* irrational witch hunt *cough*

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

There's hardly a more perfect phrase to sum up the liberal fake news censorship push. Thank you for that!

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Jefferton

There's hradly a more perfect phrase to sum up the liberal fake news censorship push. Thank you for that!

That you for using popular buzz words.

Right wing ya!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join