It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook has started blocking alternative media websites

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: snchrnct

They can pick and choose what they want. You can also complain, if enough do, they may revisit that particular site being blocked in messages.

I am not sure it is because FB doesn't want you or the recipient to see that particular site, possibly it is on a list of sites with malware. FB will receive a list of thousands of these daily from whatever company does that for them.

At mail.com, where I have a few email addresses, when I click on ANY link in an email I get a pop up saying "This link will take you out of mail.com Are you SURE you want to continue?" I sort of appreciate that feature. It may have slowed John Posesta's roll LOL.

That part will give some less tech saavy among us a second to think.

WOW! Never thought I would say this but you are completely correct. People have to realize that the places they choose to socialize are NOT areas that support free speech, there are NOT bound by laws that the government may be and they are NOT there to provide a forum for your views...they are there to make money and in some cases, they WILL push their political agenda among other things.

ATS is no different either. But it is the people that have the power to "turn it off" if they don't like it. There are so many ways to tear down a social media site with very little effort. Abandon your profile...don't advertise with them...or if you wish to be more active, troll the hell out of them pointing out their dictatorship ways.

But complaining about it? Then your as whiny as the left.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This whole fake news censorship thing is really interesting and probably triggered by brexit and trump.

It could mark the decline of facebook and people will probably get news from elsewhere.

I think this could actually have the opposite effect to what is intended, which will make those pushing this agenda even more unpopular.

So they've worked out there is fake stuff on the interwebs and they think stopping it will save them... LOL It won't.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Good. A ton more people living with little awareness of what goes on around them can see what it's like now to live with censorship as dictated by fakebook and finally quit or seek alternatives where freedom of speech isn't infringed upon and where the T&C are in line with open communication as opposed to spying, infringement of privacy, T&C that work against you, and other forms of oppression such as this.

It will only backfire as more people catch on and begin to poke fun at fakebook users who now literally can't link things because they signed their rights away just to create or maintain their account.

Keep up the excellent work Sukerburg&co, and here's a shovel to expedite that cozy digital hole for yourself.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Never had a facebook or twitter account. No need to. F them.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: snchrnct

'Fake News' isn't free speech, like yelling, 'Fire!' in a crowded theater also isn't free speech. The spreading of Fake News is propaganda. It's political. Fake News is created to manipulate the reader into thinking/doing what the writer of the fake story wants. It's not organic. It is phony. It is lies. It's not an un-popular opinion. Fake News is flat out mis-representation, which is where the 'Fake' part comes from.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
I've been meaning to start a thread on this topic. Fake news is a former of entertainment as far as I'm concerned. The MSM has shaken the confidence of the public in the quality of the news being reported.

Rather than banning free speech, we should be focusing on why no one trusts the MSM to restore their confidence. Instead of passing legislation in conflict with the first ammendment, maybe what we really need is to pass legislation that requires truthful, accurate and complete reporting for news outlets that desire to be recognized as credible sources. Maybe even guidelines on the amount of airtime allowed or required for certain subjects.
Agreed. The solution is requiring the press to actually uphold journalistic principles and provide rigorous, investigate, accurate information. Currently much of the info mainstream media provides is naught but propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join