It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TX Anti-Trump Elector is a Con Artist Extraordinaire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Anti-Trump Elector Chris Suprun Paid For Ashley Madison While Bankrupt And Married With 3 Kids

Anti-Trump Texas faithless elector Stephen Christopher “Chris” Suprun, who wrote a widely-shared op-ed in The New York Times about his decision, in which he claimed ideological superiority over Trump, which would prevent him from voting for the President-elect on December 19 as he is required, joined and paid for cheating website Ashley Madison in 2012, using the same address registered to his 9/11 charity, while bankrupt, likely unemployed, and married with three young kids, after he and his working wife owed over $200,000 to multiple creditors — and that’s just the start of it.

He runs a 9/11 Never Forget non-profit which at this point looks like it should be investigated.
He has an Need Cash Fast scam website.

Looks like he has big plans for himself:

Since turning against the decision of the people of Texas to elect Trump, Suprun also became a client of a “social justice media strategy” PR
firm run by left-wing CNN commentator Van Jones.

and that not all:
He claimed to be a 9/11 first responder when he wasn't, even got to throw out a few first pitches at ML baseball games for his stolen valor.
Suprun claims to be working for a non-existent company.

www.wfaa.com...

I hope that the truth be told about this man so that in the future electors will have to be vetted. Just think the actions of this man could flip the election.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

Sounds like the GOP didn't do a very good job of vetting their elector.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
In our increasingly corrupted society I can see a bright future in politics for a con like this. This is exactly the stuff modern politicians are made of.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Also sounds like there's no low Van Jones and the DNC wont stoop to.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This establishes a double-meaning for the word "faithless".

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Agreed. Another lib conned their way into a position they don't belong.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
How are Texas Electors selected ?

Who decides ?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

It's both parties.

From the WFFA article an SMU political science professor said:

They are selected in an almost informal process that each party undertakes at the convention.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Agreed. Another lib conned their way into a position they don't belong.

My mind is conspiratorial enough to think this could have been a planned ace in the hole scenario for Clinton, especially the way the media jumped to report his story.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Or, they chose electors who could be compromised and bribed, on purpose.

And so it goes, those who go against Der Fuhrer Drumpf will be attacked and punished 10 fold!

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The House would decide if the electors went rogue to swing it.

House is majority Republican.

Go down all the rabbit holes you want. Trump will be President.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode

These Republicans were none to faithful to Trump during his run for the POTUS. Sorry, I don't think the snakes are ready to drain the swap on either side of the aisle. Yeah, I trust them as far as I can throw 'em.

Thanks for the info. Can't say I'd like to see how that would play out.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady

These Republicans were none to faithful to Trump during his run for the POTUS. Sorry, I don't think the snakes are ready to drain the swap on either side of the aisle. Yeah, I trust them as far as I can throw 'em.

Yeah, well that was months ago. Things have CHANGED. Romney wanted to choke the guy out, now he is interviewing for a job. So many people that were against him...the list is long now all on board. They hate Trump but here is the thing:

They hate her more.

And they own the House. House will call it if needed for Trump. No way they are letting the Democrats in through a back door. Grab ahold of yourself and shake violently. Or, have someone else do it.

edit on 16-12-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
And whatever happens, win or lose, he'll probably be able to make a few bob now on the book and film rights. The hero of 2016.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
And whatever happens, win or lose, he'll probably be able to make a few bob now on the book and film rights. The hero of 2016.

I assure you it's win. Not sure what happens after that but he will be sworn in come hell or high water.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode
From the viewpoint of the con-man elector and his potential Hollywood fans, that would be "lose". Which would not stop them from making him a hero.

edit on 16-12-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Yeah, well that was months ago. Things have CHANGED. Romney wanted to choke the guy out, now he is interviewing for a job. So many people that were against him...the list is long now all on board. They hate Trump but here is the thing:

They hate her more.

And they own the House. House will call it if needed for Trump. No way they are letting the Democrats in through a back door. Grab ahold of yourself and shake violently. Or, have someone else do it.

I don't think they hate her at all. Maybe they feared her. They will do what their masters tell them to do. These people are bought and paid for anyway. My distrust of the government may be off the charts because it's been 40 years in the making. So I'll pass on shaking myself and on accepting your assurances. I am cautiously optimistic and I AM VIGILANT.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Anti-Trump Elector Chris Suprun Paid For Ashley Madison While Bankrupt And Married With 3 Kids

See: ad-hominem fallacy.
An attack on the man is no logical refutation, it is usually what is offered when one has nothing else.
If he thinks of Trump, what so many think, you have offered nothing that refutes his position.

'Vetted' to tow the 'more of the same' party line?
To not have ethics to follow?
To dismiss honesty at a moment's notice?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

See: ad-hominem fallacy.
An attack on the man is no logical refutation, it is usually what is offered when one has nothing else.
If he thinks of Trump, what so many think, you have offered nothing that refutes his position.

'Vetted' to tow the 'more of the same' party line?
To not have ethics to follow?
To dismiss honesty at a moment's notice?

The reason I started this thread is because the political system in our government is wrought with corruption. I am not big on attacking someone's character. People who participate in politics throw themselves into a goldfish bowl for all to see and this is necessary for people to discern whether the actions of said person are harmful or helpful to the political process and ultimately the well-being of our country.

Suprun signed an affidavit that he would support the party's candidate. If he felt it was against his conscience to vote for Trump he could have declined and someone else would have voted in his place. Instead he used this as an opportunity to grandstand himself (again) and in doing so, with the help of the press, gave others the idea to to the same. Disruptions of the process like this can have dire consequences for the stability of our system of government.

Vetted to see if they are eligible to hold the position of elector. Vetted to prove they have not created a false persona.
edit on 12/17/2016 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join