It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese warship stole US underwater drone as they watched

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: 83Liberty

originally posted by: 83Liberty
China can do anything they want really and they know it!

If they wont give it back then we should recognize Taiwan and push to have them reinstated at the UN Security Council as a permanent member, retaking their seat.

They've already given it back.

Got a link stating as much? Everything I see is they have not returned it.

Sure it's in the link I posted in my first post. Here it is again...
www.theguardian.com...

If you read down it states...

“China decided to return it to the US side in an appropriate manner, and China and the US have all along been in communication about it,” a statement on the ministry website said.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

Lol now thats an impressive BS response from China. They arent Chinese territorial waters and they were checking the UUV as a navigational hazed.

At least they decided not to escalate the situation by returning what they stole. In Chinese hands long enough to take a look at our technology to steal no doubt.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: MagicCow

So the US should just Puss out like the french then?

Consider that would be wise considering the Chinese can maunfacture and output drone at 10 times faster the USA....

ANd they are able to be jamming and crash. And we do have Air to air nuclear weapons if need be in storage. Sure they might can make them fast but they will not reach the US yet.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So the thief is returning the stolen item.

And the punishment for this crime is?? no, don;t tel me, let me guess, Nothing.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

No - China sparked an incident by stealing sovereign US military equipment and refused to give it back. The days of blaming a nation for responding to another nations breaking international law is done

Best not to talk about international war and what the US is doing in Syria and done in Afghanistan and Iraq and Libya

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

No we can talk about it... Its not often we can bash the US and Russia at the same time.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

No - China sparked an incident by stealing sovereign US military equipment and refused to give it back. The days of blaming a nation for responding to another nations breaking international law is done

Best not to talk about international war and what the US is doing in Syria and done in Afghanistan and Iraq and Libya

Just to name a few.

I wonder how many underwater drones China has patrolling off the coast of Florida or New York...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
That's nothing but a mistake. The civilians were fooling the Chinese and they almost fell for it. If they did fall for it we would be hearing beats drum, those of war. If they had a police officer on board, then it would have been more convincing. The US should inform of it's activities clearer to the Chinese is what I think.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Everyone cheer up! The Chinese will have 1000 sh$tty copies of the thing at Walmart in no time.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I wonder what the people who said "trump would have more balls" think about this. we know what they'd say if Obama said this.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

I wonder what the people who said "trump would have more balls" think about this. we know what they'd say if Obama said this.

Well considering he is not President its best to only have one speaking at a time. As a private citizen he is entitled to his opinion. Threatening action against a nation when you dont have the authority to do so could be problematic.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

Well considering he is not President its best to only have one speaking at a time. As a private citizen he is entitled to his opinion. Threatening action against a nation when you dont have the authority to do so could be problematic.

Oh so his opinions don't matter because he isn't sworn in yet. Kinda like how none of his campaign promises seem to matter. waka waka waka

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: MagicCow

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: MagicCow

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: MagicCow

Thank you for wishing me and my future children death. That's very sweet of you.

It's what you're indirectly wishing on every one of us.
"Our president is a wimp because he doesn't want to start war".....
Sorry but that is precisely what you're saying.
Having a spine doesn't mean you immediately flex military power
in an effort to intimidate a foe that doesn't give a damn.
Diplomacy is real evolution. Grow up.

And why would that foe give a damn about diplomacy unless it solely benefitted him. *cough* Iran

Having a spine also doesn't mean relying on diplomacy with individuals talking from both sides of their mouths.
How about you grow up and realize that.

You're right Wardaddy F it all.
Let's go to war with everyone.
You first.
You carry the avatar of an actor pretending to be a solider.
I hope you're a real one and you feel encouraged to be in the front lines.

As for Iran - Trump says he will renegotiate that deal.
Iran says it will not listen to any negotiations
and the terms are final.

You just may get that war you're so thirsty for.

Rofl ok. Because I totally said all of that.

Wanna talk about avartars? Alright. Look at it. The actor isn't conveying a joy of war.

As I said, you're the one who probably needs to grow up. Stop letting fear, cowardice, and inexperience dictate your world view.

You did.
Like I said.
Hope you're signed up.
War is no game even at the sake of your bruised fake patriotism.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

No I am saying Obama and Democrats need to stop blaming others for their failed policies. Obama just blamed Trump for the failure of the Iran nuke deal.

You up to speed now?
edit on 19-12-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

No we can talk about it... Its not often we can bash the US and Russia at the same time.

Yes we can..
Cant help but to find the incident funny for some reason..

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yes we can..
Cant help but to find the incident funny for some reason..

Probably because the Chinese are so technologically behind the times they have to resort to outright theft. Although im not sure if its more funny or more sad.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Probably because the Chinese are so technologically behind the times they have to resort to outright theft. Although im not sure if its more funny or more sad

We all stand on the shoulders of giants..

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Does anyone know if they returned the stolen property, and what their punishment for this theft was?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
Lol , they watched them do it ?

Did they sneak up on the warship ?

Facepalm

If the Chinese snuck up on them without them knowing, it means the Chinese have superior technology. If they watched them do and did not take any action then they were not concerned about security or secrets either.

What they permit they approve of. Which means it certainly did not constitute a threat to the United States either.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

It wasnt a warship and they didnt sneak up on the ship.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join