It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my anxiety is so bad i feel like i am crawling out of my skin

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You've got to interrupt the cycle. You can't stop yourself from being anxious, but you can change your reaction to that feeling, and the very best way is to make an action plan.

The next time this starts happening, try not only interrupting yourself, but using the opportunity to help you counsel yourself. For instance, you knew you'd find yourself sitting there freaking out until it was time to go.

Next time, have a notebook and a pen available. And when the anxiety starts, go get that notebook. Sit down with it and write down every single thing that you think could possibly go wrong. And I mean every single thing. You don't want to talk yourself down. You want to embrace your feelings, because trying to stop them from occurring in the first place only exacerbates the anxiety. You need to let that sh!t out my friend, in all its destructive glory, on that paper.

After you've done that comes the hard part. You want to write another list. Only this one is where you talk yourself down. For each negative item on your list, try to counter it with a positive. It won't be easy at first, so that's why I say TRY. If you are only able to counter one of those things, that's perfectly OK. That's progress.

An example would be when you are stressing about someone else being hired instead of you. That's a negative. Well, your positive could be simply that they already gave you the job, therefore there is no longer a job opening for anyone else. Simple, logical and truthful.

If you do this every time you start feeling anxious, without fail, you will find that it is harder and harder for you to come up with negatives. You want to keep your lists separate because when you have completed your task each time, you need to do something very important.

You need to destroy the negative list. You need to take it out outside of your home and burn it. Say, out loud, "I release these things to the Universe. They no longer serve me." Then, burn it and scatter the ashes in front of you. Then...this is extremely important...you need to turn your back to those ashes, walk away from them and do not look back. Literally, do not look behind you.

Keep the positive lists. They are a testament to your strength and positive intent.

Because I am an honest Witch, I have to tell you that the above is technically Witchcraft, so if you've got any stigma about that, you might want to look at other options. However, if Magick does not scare you, this is a very powerful and positive way to cleanse your spirit and finally break free of the anxiety that is holding you prisoner. And if you trust me, send me a u2u with your full name and date of birth and I will be happy to set a light for you to empower your intent with my energy. If you don't trust me enough, I completely understand.

You've got this.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
TinySickTears

Hard not to worry sometimes.. when does a human being never have anything to worry about?

Good luck with the new job and Happy holidays to you and yours. Things will be fine..

blend57

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Free Floating Anxiety - it is a bi%)ch! It wears you down both Mentally and Physically...

Have you talked to your Dr. about serotonin levels? Many times, with anxiety you may have too much serotonin (I did) and the new generation anti-depressants can make anxiety worse, because they raise serotonin levels.

Ask your Dr. about the older Tricyclic antidepressants. They can change your life.

And please try reading "Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway" by Susan Jeffers.

Bests and congrats on the new job!

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I exercise and meditate and drink a lot of water. Have tried different spices and diets.

I am a little better if I keep a regular sleep schedule.

A combination of clonazepam and 'assignments' from my doctor help, but I will always have it. It depends on the person what will help more. The clonazepam heads off the worst anxiety attacks. I have an imitrex inhaler in case that fails.
Some will do better with an anti depressant.

Removing things in your life that may cause you anxiety will help. I have had an anxiety attack 3 days after something stressful happened. It took years to notice that pattern.

If you are near sighted, you are more likely to have anxiety. See an optometrist or have your glasses Rx checked if you wear glasses.

I hope you find what fixes it. If you aren't seeing a doctor, you should be.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Read my thread folks, it will change your life. No pharmaceuticals required.

I've got everyone I know on them and it's changed their lives, no more anxiety and gone for good.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You're thinking too much about what if.

Live in the now.

it's hard takes practice.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
You're thinking too much about what if.

Live in the now.

it's hard takes practice.

dude i do that with everything. i break everything apart...then i can see the what if and be ready for it.

i have been to docs. diagnosis is actually bi polar mixed.....
the anxiety can be rough.

here is the bitch though. i just got back from my 1:00...signing my intro papers and what not.....im all good now.
no worries....now it feels real and it is official and monday im gonna go bust it out.....
not anxious about the new job or the new people....# that is the easy part for me.

you would think with a messed up head like mine i would be super nervous about monday....not at all.
see because i think that i know i can handle...

this waiting around # to sign some papers. that i cant handle. we set the time up on monday for this fri. so i actually had to wait several days but today is worse.
lot of what if's can happen in the course of several days....

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

My son and I have a hard time relating to the whole anxiety thing. My wife is a hypochondriac, emotionally feels for people when they're sad, and worries about things all the time. I'm the total opposite. If I'm sick, I don't want to be bothered and won't talk about my aches or pains. I feel for people but not to the extent my wife does. She'll start shedding tears. I just take one day at a time and I don't dwell on things. She's far more emotional than I am. I sometimes wonder if that's a common aspect with people who have anxiety.

The closest thing to anxiety I get, is when I'm in an elevator and the doors don't open quick enough.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

It may just be that the anxiety ups her emotional response....?

Which came first? The chicken (anxiety) or the egg (emotions)?

I'm fairly emotional, I guess. Sometimes, I think I may be a bit too empathetic. But I'm pretty reserved on the exterior. I was raised with a whole lot of "Don't you dare cry!" and "Keep that upper lip stiff!" so, it may just be trained into me.

I'm more like you about illness and such though - just leave me alone. I will either sleep it off or I will die. In the meantime, I don't wanna talk about it. Lol.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Maybe its physical. I have suffered for most of my 58 yrs with anxiety. A few years ago, I realized Ive wasted too much time worrying about stuff that never happened. I think my heart just naturally runs at a speed that my mind interprets as fear, so I start looking for the source of the anxiety which creates more anxiety. Its like I was stuck in a permanent flight or fight mode.

This is what has worked for me, I calm my mind, by reminding myself there is nothing to fear but fear itself. I had to get control of my compulsive thinking. When my mind would start running wild, I would focus on one positive phrase, I repeated it over and over, eventually it shut down the negative thoughts, because I refused to give it an audience. That alone eased my overall anxiety. Because now my mind was no longer feeding on the fear. Once you get control over the compulsive thinking, you can create any life you want. Filled with peace love and joy. Retrain your brain to dwell only on good positive things, and peace will your rule your heart and mind.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

That uneasy period of anticipation.

I get the same way with job interviews, why haven't they called yet? Did they find out about the stuff I say on ATS? And they still dont want me after reading my glorious posts?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

dude my anxiety gets up there for # that should not be an issue at all

Me too.

The only thing that I have found that works is to use prayer to get my mind off the rail that anxiety puts it on and on to the rail that I want it to be on.

Ask me about it if you want to know more and I'll show you what specifically I use.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

If you wouldn't mind (as I'm not the person you offered it too), I would like to know what prayer you use.

You can send it in a PM, if you prefer...

...Also, if you wouldn't mind sharing 'why' you feel that the particular prayer helps -

- I mean, do you feel that it is 'spiritual' help you receive from the prayer, or do you think it's that the prayer helps your mind 'shift tracks' due to specific mental focus?

thank you

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

...or do you think it's that the prayer helps your mind 'shift tracks' due to specific mental focus?

Yes.

Prayer of the Heart

Jesus Prayer

...do you feel that it is 'spiritual' help you receive from the prayer...

Yes.

You've heard this from me before, no?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

We are all in the same boat together. Think about it, even the rich and famous overdose and kill themselves. They worry they are too old or not good looking enough or won't be soon.

For now we all ride this wave no matter our beliefs or our wealth or lack of it out Family and friends or lack of them, no matter anything, we are all in the same pain together you are not alone.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
My first week on my career. BTW, been at it for almost 30 years.

I got called dumbass, stupid, weak, pussy and a mother#ing loser..

Kept my head up, got through it all.

what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

You got this.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

Hey, I really appreciate the links - I enjoyed learning all that.

And it's a bit of synchronicity to be 'pointed to info' which is intriguingly pertinent to where I am currently 'at' in my (so to speak) 'spiritual journey'...

Thanks so much - ta ta for now, or should I say, 'by by' ?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

or should I say, 'by by' ?

You know I'm always here.

There can be no other.

ATS!!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join